PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Panthers players claim that Moss shut it down [merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Panthers players claim that Moss shut it down

If Moss is fighting through a painful and debilitating injury, then attributing his on-field performance to lack of effort is unwarranted, IMO.

If we had another deep threat, I don't think that Moss would be playing. He's been injured.

If we had another deep threat, I don't think that Moss would be playing. He's been injured.

We need to go the route of an extra OL at TE and Watson playing a WR type role. If he's lined up at WR, he simply has to be respected.

So, if they covered him 'till he gave up by design, explain Weker's fantastic day? I mean, once the Moss job was complete - why not try to shut down Wes? What a crock.

Things have been up and down all year for him and this week could be something that forced him to just not care this week. I can let it go this game, but if it starts up next week. Then I say bye bye Randy

Hmmmmm, opposing players are saying it. Fox color man and former NFL player Moose Johnston is saying it.
Hmmmm.......perhaps it's true??
Moss is a quitter, a lazy player, a pouter???
It's so nice to have company on the Randy Moss reality tour for a change. It's been a lonely place for me in recent years.
Care to join us fellow Patriot fans?? ;)

If Moss is fighting through a painful and debilitating injury, then attributing his on-field performance to lack of effort is unwarranted, IMO.[/QUOTE and I guess neither he or BB are going to disclose this kind of info on an injury report or to the media....so all the fans and press are looking at him like he has "given up" or "dogging it"......tough to know which it is....injury....or moss is cashing in....

This particular opposing player, Chris Gamble, should not be taken seriously, even if he's 100% right. He's flaky like Fred Mitchell is flaky.

Hmmmmm, opposing players are saying it. Fox color man and former NFL player Moose Johnston is saying it.
Hmmmm.......perhaps it's true??
Moss is a quitter, a lazy player, a pouter???
It's so nice to have company on the Randy Moss reality tour for a change. It's been a lonely place for me in recent years.
Care to join us fellow Patriot fans?? ;)

Assuming you are not joking, and judging from the smiley I hope you are, I wonder why it's so lonely there. Ask yourself this - if Moss is a nothing and so easy to shut down, why would anyone care if a defender shut him down? If he is so predictable and unimpressive on the field, why do so many defennsive backs trumpet when he has a bad day? I do not hear the same backs trash-talking about Edelman and giving up no receptions to him on the day. Why might that be, as chairman of your private club?

He's had 3 consecutive seasons with over 1000 yards, including this one, and will likely have 10 or more TDs for 3 seasons, all while with the Pats. Frankly, if he is all those things, if your "reality tour" includes diligent, happy and unproductive players in lieu of Moss, most would take Moss in a heartbeat. So complain away.

Last edited:

That's why I think there are other issues affecting his game - I'm willing to give him another season.

No way. Belichick has to find out THIS SEASON if Moss is a Patriot or a Raider.

He plays hard for the first half, gets his touchdown or highlight reel deep pass.... then he turns into a Raider for the 2nd half. Could explain some of our problems closing games out this year :mad:

Last edited:

By all accounts he is well respected and liked by his teammates and coaches. The guys on the inside believe he is good for the Patriots. It really doesn't matter what it LOOKS like on the outside looking in.

Did you know he was #2 in the NFL in receiving yards coming into this game? Just curious

He plays hard for the first half, gets his touchdown or highlight reel deep pass.... then he turns into a Raider for the 2nd half. Could explain some of our problems closing games out this year :mad:

Does it make you feel better when you make things up?

1st half: 33 receptions, 5 TD
2nd half: 35 receptions, 4 TD

Does it make you feel better when you make things up?

1st half: 33 receptions, 5 TD
2nd half: 35 receptions, 4 TD
Meanie. :snob:

By all accounts he is well respected and liked by his teammates and coaches. The guys on the inside believe he is good for the Patriots. It really doesn't matter what it LOOKS like on the outside looking in.

Did you know he was #2 in the NFL in receiving yards coming into this game? Just curious

I posted this in another thread: "I hate fantasy football so I don't care about stats. I will say I've known tremendous physical athletes who have posted great stats but did not have the heart to become champions. To be a champion transcends talent. A champion will most likely experience tremendous obstacles during a championship run. It will take heart and guts to overcome those obstacles. I think (borderline know) Welker (like Brown, Harrison, Law, Faulk...) overcomes those obstacles. Are all of you Moss apologists SURE Moss has the heart of a champion???"

I honestly could care less about the drops or the fumble, but he needs to fight harder than I've seen him fight. Fight to get open, fight to knock down interceptions, fight to make sure his play doesn't inspire those kinds of comments from an opponent who has no reason to hate and no cause to make those comments.

Last edited:

I'm not saying I want him gone, but if he's becoming a lazy cancer, he's not long for NE. I hope he gets it worked out, and we always find out after the season a guy we rag on is banged up. Who knows, he looked fine a week ago early in the game.

While he is a Patriot many will make an excuse for him.

If Bill kicks him to the curb next week those same people will say he was not trying anyway.

NFL football is a game of what have you done for me lately. Moss looked like he did not want to be a Patriot today.

You want this guy to get motivated and pride up? Take play design autonomy from Bill O'Brien, get your whiteboard, pack a dip, and draw some f'in plays. Create ways to keep the jam off of him. Line Aiken up next to him and flood the over safety. He's not motivated because he's playing in an offense less creative than most high schools'.

There are very few football players who are quitters. Re-read that. This kind of stuff is on the coach. A guy with Moss' tallent playing with a QB/leader like Brady should never struggle. If he does, it is on the offensive staff and is due to disinterest.

I saw him throw at least one great block, I suspect he's dinged up more than we know and he and Brady are out of sync with each other playing with hitches in their giddyups.

He was throwing a lot of good blocks ... even on the Maroney runs to the side. He's not exploding off the snap and he's playing very upright. His back is an issue still for him ... probably is not going to get better anytime soon IMO.

In fairness to Moss he either had Edelman on the other wide position or he had Stanback. Usually when Stanback was in it was a run for Maroney. The safety was always leaning to Moss's side when Julian was in there.

Hate to say it but if Belichick made 1 mistake this year it was letting Galloway go ... at least Joey helped keep the safety honest for Moss if nothing else.

I think there are other issues, but we'll monitor the situation.

Not enough consensual horseplay ... he's too uptight.:confused:

roddney harrison was saying moss is a team captain

and sending him home for being 9 min late kinda put he's name in the news for the worng reasons

i guess i could see it he has done everthing to be a good patriot and he gets sent home for being late in a snow strom

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back