PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Bucs Fire Lovie Smith

Status
Not open for further replies.
If he could get some contractual assurances, this job would actually be one that made a lot of sense for McDaniels.

All I really care about is for them to keep their Patriot friendly GM who consistently sends us diamonds in the rough. I wonder if they have any OL we could borrow? ;)

Regardless of the coach, I fail to see how someone can fully implement their intended football program within 2 years.

BB and Pats won the Superbowl in the second year..

But that is a difficult standard to replicate...

mrsthurstonhowelliii.png

I'll take The Professor, Gilligan and the Skipper to run the Bucs FO over the current lot of morons.

As hospitable as it is to college football, Florida is a wasteland for pro football. All three teams -- Tampa, Jax and Miami -- are seriously dysfunctional.

You guys should get up to speed with the English Premier League. The NFL is beginning to catch the EPL in terms of time given to implement change.

It sounds like they were scared that Koetter was gonna get a job elsewhere so they shytcanned Lovie.
Lol not the first time they've done this. Did the same thing canning Gruden to promote Raheem Morris.

You guys should get up to speed with the English Premier League. The NFL is beginning to catch the EPL in terms of time given to implement change.

.......where coaches are lucky to make it though one losing season.

As hospitable as it is to college football, Florida is a wasteland for pro football. All three teams -- Tampa, Jax and Miami -- are seriously dysfunctional.

Y'know...its karma for the Dolphins. All those years Shula tormented us. The BS videotaping scandal in 2006. Now Tannenbaum. I'm glad.

Tampa...they were reasonably patient with Dungy and very patient with Gruden. They barely gave Schiano and Smith a chance. Hell w/ 'em.

Don't think Lovie is a great coach..... But put his record next to Jeff Fisher, and someone please explain to me why Fisher has a job and Lovie doesn't?

Don't think Lovie is a great coach..... But put his record next to Jeff Fisher, and someone please explain to me why Fisher has a job and Lovie doesn't?

Because the Rams suck hard in all levels.

Sign the beast.............

The Rams should go hard after Ryan Fitzpatrick. Despite Fisher they would be really tough with that defense, Gurley, and a decent QB.

Now that I think about it some of those defenders should start hitting the market pretty soon.

Listening to the radio, and reading the various articles, you'd swear that Lovie Smith is the greatest head coach in NFL history, and that his getting fired is a disaster of biblical proportions.*

* For the record, I think getting just 2 years is as unfair to Lovie as it was for Chip to get just 1 year as the HMIC. In my post above, I'm just focusing on the over-the-top commentary.

The Rams should go hard after Ryan Fitzpatrick. Despite Fisher they would be really tough with that defense, Gurley, and a decent QB.

Now that I think about it some of those defenders should start hitting the market pretty soon.

If I were Fitzy I wouldn't touch STL with a 10 ft pole. The owner just pissed off the fan base. No WRs. Bad coach. Relocation. Crappy stadium.

Sounds like the Patriots in 1992.

If I were Fitzy I wouldn't touch STL with a 10 ft pole. The owner just pissed off the fan base. No WRs. Bad coach. Relocation. Crappy stadium.

Sounds like the Patriots in 1992.

Would you guys cut the sh.t. I'm doing my best to piss off any jet fans that might wander by with posts and threads devoted to Fitzpatrick leaving the Jets and Geno returning and people keep responding with comments about him staying there. Get with the program d%#*!@t.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back