PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Bucs Fire Lovie Smith

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok. He did get his first chance because he was the DC for Dungy who was an excellent head coach at Tampa and Indy. Lovie had a good team at Chicago which got progressively worse until he got fired there and had a second chance at Tampa.

Shame on you...remember that he was also DC for the Rams in 2001. :p

Regardless of color, fired head coaches typically get rehabilitated over time to get another HC chance, but the ones that actually become great like BB are few.

I agree. The NFL has a habit of recycling the trash. Hell, Wade Phillips, Tuna, Dan Reeves and Mike Shanahan have been a HC at 3 different teams so it is possible.

While I don't think much of Lovie Smith and his stubborn resolve to continue utilizing an outdated Tampa-2 defense that opponents had long ago figured out how to exploit, I didn't see this coming. The primary reason for that is because (if I am not mistaken), the Glazers will now be paying not two, but three different head coaches a salary this year: Schiano, Smith and the TBD HC.

On the other hand, this is not exactly new ground for Tampa Bay's ownership. (Again, if I am not mistaken) - the Bucs have simultaneously paid multiple head coaching salaries in every season ever since they fired Jon Gruden.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back