PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Player Signing Onwenu Re-signed Per Ian Rap: 3 years: $57 million.

Also all on 3-year contracts. Which is interesting. That's a pretty short-term for a 26 year old OL, for example.

Can't help but feel in Onwenu's case he may think in 3 years he'll get the chance to cash in hitting the market as a bonafide OT

I’m trusting the coaches and talent evaluators.

Keep in mind. Our offensive coordinator is someone who was fired by the Browns. The browns...

And our awesome young startup head coach has never coached a single game in his life. At any level... Ever.

There's not a whole lot of evidence to be handing out any trust like that.

LT ?
LG Strange
C Andrews
RG Onwenu
RT Okorafor
-----------------
RG Sow

Pats have some flexibility upfront considering Sow was pretty good as a rookie. Add Tyron Smith & they could draft BPA at 34 atleast.

Add a guy who is averaging 9 missed games a year over the last 4 years??

Can't help but feel in Onwenu's case he may think in 3 years he'll get the chance to cash in hitting the market as a bonafide OT

Why would Onwenu move outside to a position he's not as good at?

Being sarcastic sir. Off your A game DB.
Well.. That is true.. I am.. Been that way for a bit.. Gonna be that way for awhile.. Lots of RL S**t going on..

I still think Strange should try LT. Just a layman’s notion, but his weakness is the monster DT powering him back.

He’s certainly quick enough for tackle, particularly in the age of 245lb OLBs.
I agree with this. Strange is 6’5 and a freaky athlete. He’ll have less issues mirroring DE’s than he will trying to anchor against DT’s.

Wolf and Mayo.

Thank You So Much GIF by euphoria

Why would Onwenu move outside to a position he's not as good at?

Following the money like most any red blooded American ofc

This is of course what you both hope to be true.

Maybe the offensive line just sucked.
The Pats fielded the most different starting five combinations in the NFL last season because of injury.

Talent can be measured, they do it every year at the combine and pro days.

They need a LT, after that they just have to ensure the execution part. That's on Mayo and the coaches to make happen.

Solid move... If he left too many holes on that line

I did not think we would pay that for a guard who is not elite. I thought mid teend. I guess they valued his versatility more than I thought.

How much is too guard money these days?

I assume short contract made it more palpable? I don't him as OT though unless out of necessity.

It's too bad they couldn't have re-signed him before he resigned... oh wait. :)

19m per year feels a bit steep for a right tackle. But let's be real we desperately needed a solid offensive lineman to build around.

Hopefully we also find an LT soon.

19m per year feels a bit steep for a right tackle. But let's be real we desperately needed a solid offensive lineman to build around.

Hopefully we also find an LT soon.

Feels even steeper for a guy that should be playing RG, but I'm not up today with the crazy Cap these days.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back