PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Player Signing Patriots re-sign Bourne for 3 years

Rather have him than JJS or Parker, but just looking at it now there doesn’t appear there will be as much shakeup at WR as some thought. Still a lot of time and things to happen though, so will remain optimistic.

Just as I was complaining about how people still believed the $33M/3yr contract for Parker (it was a one year, $6M base value extension), the front office made sure the real details on Bourne’s contract got out very quickly. It’s $6.5M per year base value.

I love it. Everyone talks about Mac Jones - but Kendrick Bourne might be the player who was most negatively impacted by the coaching staff the last 3 years.

Talented player, good teammate. Let the kid cook.

Great move. Glad he's here. He's been a great personality around the the team.

#BourneBlessed

Very nice. He was having a great season before the injury and that was with mac.

I think if you add a legit top guy this is a good recieving set. Someone like aiyuk /bourne/demario / jjss and henry at te. As long as we hit on at least one ot in fa or the draft that would be a very reasonable supporting cast.

Good. I like the “up to” part. It should be coming off his injury.

If we bring in someone to trump what's here and be the number 1 then you have Pop, Bourne, and Henry it could be a pretty good group. The key will be finding that guy. And then I'd still draft something in 3rd or 4th Rd to fight with JuJu, Parker, and Thornton for the last spots.

Last edited:
Just saw it’s actually 3 for $19.5 with a max of $33. So even better.
And $4.2m signing bonus too. So if he’s not the same guy next year, the dead money hit for cutting him prior to 2025 would be just $2.8m (assuming none of his 2025 base salary is guaranteed).

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
Back