PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Player Signing Patriots re-sign Bourne for 3 years

Initially reported as a “three-year deal worth up to $33 million” by ESPN’s Adam Schefter, it’s actually far more team-friendly than that would lead one to believe. Yes, it does max out at a possible $33 million, but in a breakdown obtained by the Boston Herald’s Andrew Callahan, only $8 million of that is guaranteed money. More than half of the guarantee comes in a $4.2 million signing bonus, then there’s only $3.8 million remaining. It’s a heavily incentivized deal.

Off subject, please forgive me. Bourne needs time to get open. He does not have F.U. speed. You know N6249c I would not be mad, I would be a little disappointed but JC Latham, Joe Alt tackle at 3 would be a cornerstone to give an average qb time in the pocket which also equals more passes completed ++++ run game.
In watching Bourne very closely over the years, he's very good off the line. I don't know how (visual reaction time?) because as you said, he does not have fu speed.

In watching Bourne very closely over the years, he's very good off the line. I don't know how (visual reaction time?) because as you said, he does not have fu speed.

ACL injury will make you faster? At 30 years old? Help me understand please....

ACL injury will make you faster? At 30 years old? Help me understand please....
ACL's probably not gonna affect straight line once fully healthy, but it will affect the actual important stuff (like maybe getting open with some shake and bake to your point).

That being said, Kupp supposedly got faster after an ACL (injured when he was 25 versus 28 with Bourne - not insignificantly different but close enough).

Last season ended in dramatic and disappointing fashion for Kupp, who suffered a torn ACL in his left knee against the Seahawks and missed the final nine games, counting the playoffs and Super Bowl.

He had to re-learn how to run after surgery, and used that as a way of eliminating the imperfections in his stride. He meticulously studied video of his form, breaking it down in super slo-mo, and the results were astounding. He said he’s between 1.5-2 mph faster than he was before his injury.

“It’s a little crazy,” said Dr. Neal ElAttrache, who performed the ACL reconstruction. “We’ve never had this GPS data until the last few years, but I can tell you that’s typically not the way it goes the first year back. He’s surprising everybody.”

Last edited:
ACL's probably not gonna affect straight line once fully healthy, but it will affect the actual important stuff (like maybe getting open with some shake and bake to your point).

That being said, Kupp supposedly got faster after an ACL (injured when he was 25 versus 28 with Bourne - not insignificantly different but close enough).

Last season ended in dramatic and disappointing fashion for Kupp, who suffered a torn ACL in his left knee against the Seahawks and missed the final nine games, counting the playoffs and Super Bowl.

He had to re-learn how to run after surgery, and used that as a way of eliminating the imperfections in his stride. He meticulously studied video of his form, breaking it down in super slo-mo, and the results were astounding. He said he’s between 1.5-2 mph faster than he was before his injury.

“It’s a little crazy,” said Dr. Neal ElAttrache, who performed the ACL reconstruction. “We’ve never had this GPS data until the last few years, but I can tell you that’s typically not the way it goes the first year back. He’s surprising everybody.”

Oh dang Bourne used the same doc Kupp had (Neal ElAttrache). Voodoo stuff here.

Bourne, 28, said he recently visited with noted surgeon Neal ElAttrache, who has performed surgeries on Shohei Ohtani and Tom Brady. Bourne said he was told he should be able to participate in some workouts during the spring and will be a “full-go” for training camp.

I wonder why he likes it here so much (from masslive Bourne Dynasty [my name for it] article up on patsfans right now):

Instead, the 28-year-old receiver says he left all the negotiation to his agent, but made it clear that he wanted to stay in New England. So when it came time to make a decision, it was simple.

“Not really stressing, knowing what I’m worth, but also knowing that’s somewhere I wanted to be. So if that’s what the Patriots like felt what I was worth, then I was okay with that. So just negotiation. I was really in the unknown, not really calling and stressing.”

Ok the Justin Fields love was somewhat semi believable but now Gabe Davis just means you’re trolling

Had Davis signed here he would’ve AUTOMATICALLY become our #1 WR… So who’s trolling whom again?

Had Davis signed here he would’ve AUTOMATICALLY become our #1 WR… So who’s trolling whom again?
You’re trolling me. Just because a WR would be our #1 doesn’t mean they are a #1. Anyway your stupidity is too much for me and I’ve been gracious over the years. Ignored.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
Back