2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

How would feel if M. Vick joint the PATs

• I have no problem if that happens

Votes: 106 48.4%
  • I would be disappointed but still be a loyal PATs fan

Votes: 98 44.7%
  • I would be very disappointed and may not support the PATs.

Votes: 15 6.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Great. So your definition of the real world is exactly what you decide it needs to be in order to keep bashing Vick. How convenient that you just ignore the childhood.

So, you give Vick a pass on sociopathic behavior because of a disadvantaged childhood? Wonderful. Bin Laden had a pretty good upbringing from what I hear, what's his excuse?

You know what would change the minds of a lot of people's opinions regarding Vick?

If Mike would take those 6 weeks of suspension and use them as a unpaid volunteer with a supervisor on watch at one or more of these locations..

Virginia Pet Shelters and Animal Rescue

That's a great suggestion, and I agree it would help his "cause" immensely, at least in my eyes. But I don't buy for a minute that Vick is genuinely remorseful for what he did or is changed in any significant way.

Last edited:
You know what would change the minds of a lot of people's opinions regarding Vick?
If Mike would take those 6 weeks of suspension and use them as a unpaid volunteer with a supervisor on watch at one or more of these locations..

Virginia Pet Shelters and Animal Rescue

Doubt it, those who don't like him would say he is just doing it as a publicity stunt.

Re: a M.Vick Poll

OPTION 1 - KEEP A THIRD QB
OPTION 2 - KEEP A 5th RB
OPTION 3 - KEEP A UTILITY PLAYER SUCH AS A 4th TE or part-timre FB

Edleman, BJGE, Hoyer, Gutierrez, Vick, Hochstein (as a 10th OL)

I don't think Vick is coming, but he could be OK as a utility offensive player.

Forget the whole dog issue thing, I would be upset where we have so many high rookie draft picks and questions at other positions that the Pats would waste a roster spot on a gimmick QB who might see a handful of plays during the game. It would also screw up the gameday roster since they would most likely have to activate both Vick and O'Connell since O'Connell fits the system better and if Brady went down for a few series would be the better option at QB.

Re: a M.Vick Poll

I don't think Vick is coming, but he could be OK as a utility offensive player.

Here's hoping he gets rabies and doesn't sign anywhere.

Kirwan reports that 23 teams have expressed NO interest in Vick and do not want him on their team

So the final 9 teams remain ......

So, you give Vick a pass on sociopathic behavior because of a disadvantaged childhood? ...

no, i don't think that way and i don't think deus does either, but he's a big boy and can speak for himself. this horse is beat pretty dead, with viewpoints staked out on all sides.

my view is straightforward: once the nfl allows felons to come back to the league after they are, in the opinion of the commissioner, "rehabilitated," I don't see how we distinguish among crimes or alleged crimes. are assault or rape or attempted rape or carrying and discharging an illegally concealed weapon in a crowded place any more or less despicable or sociopathic than what Vick did? i just don't think we can make that judgment.

you argue elsewhere that vick's behavior was premeditated and carried out over an extended period of time, but so are the attitudes that lead one to rape or assault another human being. in fact, most criminolgists will tell you that a person who is finally arrested for rape or assault has very likely done so before without being caught or charged.

anyway, it's clear that you feel strongly about this and I have no illusion that i'm going to change your mind. as i said in another post, as the father of young children whom I am teaching to look up to the Pats and other NFL players, i would prefer that the nfl have a "no felon" policy, but it doesn't.

Last edited:
Can you imagine the irony if Vick were signed and placed on the PUP list?

i respect that you would never root for him and i strongly do agree that "sorry" isn't enough. in fact, i feel that the NFL should ban all convicted felons, but, given that the NFL allows convicted felons who are rehabilitated to play in the league, how do we distinguish what Vick did from assault, or from bringing a loaded, illegally concealed gun into a crowded place and discharging it, or from rape, or from attempted rape?

that's where i disagree with you and a couple others out here. i don't question your motives or judgment, i just don't see how the league can ban Vick and not others.

For me, it's the extended pattern of behavior.

If somebody was in denial about the danger of what they were doing or something, and "suddenly" saw the light -- fine. But it wasn't an episode and it wasn't a series of episodes. It was continuous.

I don't have an exact figure in mind for how long it has to be before I'd consider tolerating Vick. But it's definitely longer than jail term + a few months.

Last edited:
Can you imagine the irony if Vick were signed and placed on the PUP list?

hahaha!

"I thought you said your dog didn't bite."
"That's not my dog."

To the people who says they won't support the Pats if Vick signs with the team and plays for the team. You won't be missed. It doesn't matter anyways, you just jump back anyways when the team wins the Superbowl.

For me, it's the extended pattern of behavior.

If somebody was in denial about the danger of what they were doing or something, and "suddenly" saw the light -- fine. But it wasn't an episode and it wasn't a series of episodes. It was continuous.

The herpes lawsuit ... the marijuana in the water bottle incident ... the middle finger "salute" to Falcons fans ... Andrew Young referring to Vick's "ghetto loyalty" ... dope peddlers arrested while driving a truck registered in Vick's name ... using the Ron Mexico alias ... failing to show for a scheduled lobbying appearance on Capitol Hill for after-school programs ... failed drug test while out on bail ... multiple civil lawsuits for financial defaults ... filing Chapter 11 bankruptcy ... And oh, yeah -- that thing about the dogs. I can't see why this LOSER deserves another chance.

The way I look at it is how would I feel if the Ravens or Titans signed him? I'd probably feel like they improved their team. I'd feel the same way if he signed here, and so would fans of the other 31.

The herpes lawsuit ... the marijuana in the water bottle incident ... the middle finger "salute" to Falcons fans ... Andrew Young referring to Vick's "ghetto loyalty" ... dope peddlers arrested while driving a truck registered in Vick's name ... using the Ron Mexico alias ... failing to show for a scheduled lobbying appearance on Capitol Hill for after-school programs ... failed drug test while out on bail ... multiple civil lawsuits for financial defaults ... filing Chapter 11 bankruptcy ... And oh, yeah -- that thing about the dogs. I can't see why this LOSER deserves another chance.

Too bad the dopes in the media like Espn and others think this guy is worthy of a second chance.. I hope and pray the pats dont sign him, it would really truly test my pats loyalty...

I personally I don't like Mike Vick on field (overrated, hype machine) or off field but I am a Patriots fan regardless who is on the roster. If I can survive the 1990-1992 Patriots, I can survive a 2009 Patriots team with Vick.

To the people who says they won't support the Pats if Vick signs with the team and plays for the team. You won't be missed. It doesn't matter anyways, you just jump back anyways when the team wins the Superbowl.

Again, tell it to this guy...

“I told both Pete Carroll and Bill Belichick that the only important thing is that we don’t have thugs and hoodlums on this team,” owner Robert Kraft told WEEI. “If we need them to win, then I’m out of this business. We want to win, but not so badly that we’re willing to compromise our values.”

The way I look at it is how would I feel if the Ravens or Titans signed him? I'd probably feel like they improved their team. I'd feel the same way if he signed here, and so would fans of the other 31.

I'd feel that most teams would be the worse for signing him. He simply wasn't that good a QB in Atlanta. And the negatives he brings with him are significant.

Is he going to be a some teams starting QB? If not, he's a QB controversy waiting to happen. But, enough already. I dropped off the Michael Vick bandwagon in his third year in the NFL; there are still those along for the ride.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News