2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

How would feel if M. Vick joint the PATs

• I have no problem if that happens

Votes: 106 48.4%
  • I would be disappointed but still be a loyal PATs fan

Votes: 98 44.7%
  • I would be very disappointed and may not support the PATs.

Votes: 15 6.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: a M.Vick Poll

No. I don't want him. But of course I'd still support the Pats if we got him.

I don't think it's going to happen though. I highly doubt someone like Kraft would want Vick associated with the Pats. Besides, Vick is a starter. You're not going to bring in Vick to run the wildcat or something a few plays a game. He's going to go to a team that needs a QB. Fortunatly for us we have a franchise QB and really don't need Vick.

Vick will NEVER be a starter on any team FOR NOW - the team that signs him will slowly bring him into their offense while cutting back on the limelight he will surely bring - By next season we could see Vick as a starter but this year he holds a clipboard and will most likely only play in sub packages and wacky formations like the Wildcat,Besides no team will start a QB who has been out of the league for 2 years.

Vick will NEVER be a starter on any team FOR NOW - the team that signs him will slowly bring him into their offense while cutting back on the limelight he will surely bring - By next season we could see Vick as a starter but this year he holds a clipboard and will most likely only play in sub packages and wacky formations like the Wildcat,Besides no team will start a QB who has been out of the league for 2 years.
UFL teams included in that prediction?:D

Forget the whole dog issue thing, I would be upset where we have so many high rookie draft picks and questions at other positions that the Pats would waste a roster spot on a gimmick QB who might see a handful of plays during the game. It would also screw up the gameday roster since they would most likely have to activate both Vick and O'Connell since O'Connell fits the system better and if Brady went down for a few series would be the better option at QB.

UFL teams included in that prediction?:D

It depends on what ULF team would sign him,If its a team with an expected starter like Losman,Then no, he will still sit

Forget the whole dog issue thing, I would be upset where we have so many high rookie draft picks and questions at other positions that the Pats would waste a roster spot on a gimmick QB who might see a handful of plays during the game. It would also screw up the gameday roster since they would most likely have to activate both Vick and O'Connell since O'Connell fits the system better and if Brady went down for a few series would be the better option at QB.

You wonder if Vick would be more of a WR than a RB on this team if used in ways other than some Wildcat type design

If we signed Vick than Galloway would probably be gone..or Lewis

People who think Vick would just sit on the sidelines as a #2 QB on this team are crazy,His role as a QB on this team would be an afterthough,He would never be one here unless it was an emergency like last year and even then O'Connell would have the edge.

Last edited:

The prison system is intended to rehabilitate convicts. I have enough trust in our country's justice system to say that Vick did his time (more time than he should have; Donte Stallworth gets a month for killing a human being and Vick gets a couple years for some dogs?), and has served his punishment.

I also recognize that football players aren't saints and it really doesn't matter what the guy I watch throw a ball around on Sundays has done in his life.

I wouldn't want him it would be a distraction, a circus. If people think TO in Buffalo would be bad this would be worse. IMO

Last edited:

Micheal Vick deserves another chance, but like the media says, not with us , with some low level team, and slowly work his way up to what his career was in Atlanta. Doubt he'll be positioned at QB, probably at WR.

If he want to play running back sure.

If BB benches Brady to have him play QB, then I am gonna become a Chiefs fan, becuase it means Belichick has gone plum loco, and the real brains of the opperation for the three SB wins was Scott and Bill was just a figure head.

I doubt he would come here but the fact is we all said Dillon would be a distraction and the same with Moss. There would be no "Media Circus" cause BB would simply lock Vick down during the public sessions and tell him if he talks hes gone

I had to go with the second option myself.
I would change the word "disappointing" to "concern".
As in, concerned what this guy might do to team chemistry.

Yeah, but my point is is that Vick is going to start (eventually) wherever he goes therefor he is going to go to a team that needs a QB. Brady is our starter and will remain our starter until he can't do it anymore.

You wonder if Vick would be more of a WR than a RB on this team if used in ways other than some Wildcat type design

If we signed Vick than Galloway would probably be gone..or Lewis

People who think Vick would just sit on the sidelines as a #2 QB on this team are crazy,His role as a QB on this team would be an afterthough,He would never be one here unless it was an emergency like last year and even then O'Connell would have the edge.

Whether Vick was a QB, RB, or WR; there really isn't room for him. The Pats are stacked at WR and RB.

I don't think Vick would sit on the sidelines as a number 2 QB for this team because I think there is next to no chance that he will be on this team. People don't even know what kind of football shape the guy is in.

One thing is for sure, they are not going to cut Galloway or Lewis for Vick. The Pats gave up a fifth rounder for Lewis. That means he is more than likely in their plans beyond this year, definitely not a cut to make room for Vick. Galloway received a $600k signing bonus and by all accounts still has burning speed. Why would the Pats cut him.

Sorry, Vick to the Pats might be an interesting storyline, but it doesn't seem based in reality. Why would you cut a proven WR (even if they are proven as a back up) to replace him with a QB you are trying to convert to WR who hasn't played football in two years and is suspended for more than a quarter of the season. That doesn't sound very Belichickian.

BTW, just because Vick can run fast doesn't mean he knows how to run routes, can catch the ball, can shed blocks on the line of scrimmage, understands presnap adjustments, etc. Why would you cut an experienced WR who you invested a bit in for an experient that could fail miserably.

Last edited:

Yeah, but my point is is that Vick is going to start (eventually) wherever he goes therefor he is going to go to a team that needs a QB. Brady is our starter and will remain our starter until he can't do it anymore.

I agree. I think Vick's first choice would be a place where he has a chance to start. He wants to be at least be able to compete for a starting position. His camp has already said he isn't interested in playing any other position and wants to start for someone.

Just amazed that almost half the fans here are ok with Vick? :(

Maybe it's because of a lack of understanding what this person did.
Forgiveness is one thing but has this man really changed?

Here is the man some would like as a Patriot:

[FONT=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]
[/FONT][FONT=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif] Okay, we've all probably seen the horrific pictures of the wounded and injured dogs. And we've heard the horror stories of how these dogs were killed through hanging, electrocution, drowning or just swinging them around and bashing them to death.
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]And just about all of us have heard by now that cruelty to animals is listed by the F.B.I. and forensic profilers as a primary characteristic of people who commit violence against other people.
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]And Vick admitted he bankrolled the dogfighting enterprise and participated in electrocuting and hanging the dogs who were "losers."
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]And he also claimed he didn't make a penny off the enterprise---and maybe he didn't---after all he had an NFL contract worth $137 million dollars.
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Which means he participated just for the sheer "fun" of torturing and killing animals.
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]This is a man who had all the money in the world and could have "amused" himself doing any number of things most of us only dream of ---but he got his jollies torturing and killing animals.[/FONT]

Please reconsider your opinion after reading this article:
MichaelVick

[/FONT][FONT=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif] Okay, we've all probably seen the horrific pictures of the wounded and injured dogs. And we've heard the horror stories of how these dogs were killed through hanging, electrocution, drowning or just swinging them around and bashing them to death.
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]And just about all of us have heard by now that cruelty to animals is listed by the F.B.I. and forensic profilers as a primary characteristic of people who commit violence against other people.
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]And Vick admitted he bankrolled the dogfighting enterprise and participated in electrocuting and hanging the dogs who were "losers."
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]And he also claimed he didn't make a penny off the enterprise---and maybe he didn't---after all he had an NFL contract worth $137 million dollars.
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Which means he participated just for the sheer "fun" of torturing and killing animals.
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]This is a man who had all the money in the world and could have "amused" himself doing any number of things most of us only dream of ---but he got his jollies torturing and killing animals.[/FONT]

MichaelVick

This is Patsfans.com. The Peta site is elsewhere.

This is Patsfans.com. The Peta site is elsewhere.

And as a PATfans site it is a place where we discuss new players the PATs could get. If you have no interest no one is forcing you to read this thread.

And as a PATfans site it is a place where we discuss new players the PATs could get. If you have no interest no one is forcing you to read this thread.

Settle down, Chief. The point is that you've got a different readership here.

And no one is forcing you to post that article either.

[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]

MichaelVick

You're pretty severely misinterpreting what that almost-half is saying. I think Vick is a reprehensible human being. That said, I wouldn't have a problem if the Pats decided to pick him up. You get players for what they bring to the table on the football field and in the locker room, and if the Pats decide that he's a worthwhile investment in that regard, then that's their call. Vick would be far from the first scumbag to put on a uniform.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing