2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

How would feel if M. Vick joint the PATs

• I have no problem if that happens

Votes: 106 48.4%
  • I would be disappointed but still be a loyal PATs fan

Votes: 98 44.7%
  • I would be very disappointed and may not support the PATs.

Votes: 15 6.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: If Vick lands with the Patriots...

Good point. Next thing you know, someone will claim that someone who never started in college is going to be able to be an NFL quarterback.
if you really think he'd be more dangerous as a qb at this point, than as a sproles type...just wow ya know?

nice weapon to have....

If someone creates another Vick thread, will people just rehash the same subjects from the 800 other Vick threads? Just asking.

Please end this soon. I really don't want to be talking about the possibility of Vick landing here for the rest of the summer.

Where would Vick play...QB. Cut Brady and sign VIck.!!!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Re: If Vick lands with the Patriots..

I'd rather not see him in a Patriots uniform...

who the hell is Michael Vick?

if you really think he'd be more dangerous as a qb at this point, than as a sproles type...just wow ya know?

I'm positive that he would be.

945.gif

I hope this is not a sign you want this overated thug... :mad:

Few points:

1) I'd support the Pats if Vick came, and would welcome him

2) He'll just be a second stringer and insurance policy - hell would freeze over before he played significant minutes over Brady. Pats trade him next year if he shines in pre-season and does some nice things.

3) There is some SERIOUS revisionist history here with respect to Vick and his ability at QB. Some of you act like he's Tarvaris Jackson. Let's see:

- 3 pro-bowls (yes, it is a popularity contest, but you gotta have SOME ability to get in - its not like Sage Rosenfal is getting elected in)
- In 2006 he had 3500 total yards (rushing and passing), 22 TDs and 13 picks. Total offense wise that's better than half of the starters in the league.
- He has a quick release and rocket arm. Oh yea, he's probably the fastest QB ever.

So if you can get someone like that for league minimum or $1.5/year, why not? Everyone said, "don't get Dillon!! don't get Moss!!" this is deja vu. Coach will do it to prove a point, i.e., he doesn't care what anyone thinks - if it makes the team better - he'll do it period. That's the type of coach we want.

Few points:

2) He'll just be a second stringer and insurance policy - hell would freeze over before he played significant minutes over Brady. Pats trade him next year if he shines in pre-season and does some nice things.

3) There is some SERIOUS revisionist history here with respect to Vick and his ability at QB. Some of you act like he's Tarvaris Jackson. Let's see:

- 3 pro-bowls (yes, it is a popularity contest, but you gotta have SOME ability to get in - its not like Sage Rosenfal is getting elected in)
- In 2006 he had 3500 total yards (rushing and passing), 22 TDs and 13 picks. Total offense wise that's better than half of the starters in the league.
- He has a quick release and rocket arm. Oh yea, he's probably the fastest QB ever.

So if you can get someone like that for league minimum or $1.5/year, why not? Everyone said, "don't get Dillon!! don't get Moss!!" this is deja vu. Coach will do it to prove a point, i.e., he doesn't care what anyone thinks - if it makes the team better - he'll do it period. That's the type of coach we want.

So lets see your points..

Dont give me 3 pro bowls.. The pro bowl is a joke, Brett Farve was voted to the pro bowl.. And he sucked..

Have you seen this rocket arm recently??? No so dont compare that

He is not a QB... Sorry he was and I quote WAS, a rb playing Qb... He did nothing in the passing game except for a few short passes..

Here are other people I would want as a second string Qb than this overated thug..

Brian Griese
Charlie Batch
Jp Loseman
Steve Grogan
Tony eason
Marc Wilson
Todd Philcox
Brian Sipe

Are you getting the picture??? We do not need this overateed thug...

So lets see your points..

Dont give me 3 pro bowls.. The pro bowl is a joke, Brett Farve was voted to the pro bowl.. And he sucked..

Have you seen this rocket arm recently??? No so dont compare that

He is not a QB... Sorry he was and I quote WAS, a rb playing Qb... He did nothing in the passing game except for a few short passes..

Here are other people I would want as a second string Qb than this overated thug..

Brian Griese
Charlie Batch
Jp Loseman
Steve Grogan
Tony eason
Marc Wilson
Todd Philcox
Brian Sipe

Are you getting the picture??? We do not need this overateed thug...
Wow if you took Grogan out that would be a pretty ugly picture.

If Vick lands with the Patriots how much would he get paid?

I must say I am surprised by all the folks that don't have a problem with this guy being a Patriot. Having lived in VA for more than 10 years now, we probably got too much info on this guy after this all happened, but I must say he is an absolute POS. As others have said, this was not an isolated incident and I don't agree that he has paid his debt by serving 18 months. Although there is certainly a difference between killing a dog and a human being, Vick made a conscience decision to engage in this activity on a regular basis which can't be said for the Stallworth's of the world. I don't think Stallworth got up that morning with the intent of killing someone. Unlike Vick who didn't seem to have a problem with engaging in dog-killing regularly.

I am sorry but playing football or any professional sport is a privelege and not a right. If the NFL wants to make an example of him and all convicted felons for that matter from this point forward, than that would be a good thing. Heck, in VA, convicted felons are banned from voting for life so to keep this guy out of the league a bit longer or altogether for that matter would be fine by me. In this economy, most people that apply for a job with a felony on their record would be shown the door immediately. It looks like that's what most teams are doing to Vick and I just hope the Pats do the same.

Few points:

In his ENTIRE NFL career prior to his conviction Vick accounted for more turnovers than scoring plays. That is not the kind of careless player "coach", whom you obviously know little about, is drawn to. Those in the media who claim Vick is a fit here are talking about that fit from Vick's perspective - a team who could handle him and give him the best chance of rehabilitating himself because he'd be in a position where he could do the least harm. "Coach" doesn't give a rat's ass about rehabilitating thugs. "Coach" is all about value to this team, and Vick has none. As "coach" stated he's been out of football for 2 years. He has never played any position in the NFL other than QB poorly. He's never run the ball as a back, never caught the ball as a receiver, never returned a kick.

Not to mention taking on a guy like Vick is an ownership call, period.

Here it's Kraft's call, and if you don't believe BB defers in any remotely questionable cases to the guy who hired him based on the promise that he could win here without resorting to thugs and hoodlums then you don't really know as much about this organization as you think you do. Moss was not in Vick's league as far either as criminality or functional ability are concerned. And yet he had to basically convince Kraft that he could and would be a model citizen and teamate here, he had to agree to take a substantial pay cut (less than half), and he had to pass muster with Brady. And he hadn't been convicted of anything beyond a misdemeanor traffic violation since HS... Dillon did a pretty good job of providing context to most of his transgressions, the worst of which was giving his wife a split lip. They remain together without further incident since.

Bob and Bill both know that football players aren't generally saints. However, either comparing Moss's or Dillon's existing baggage or potential value here to Vick's is ludicrous. Though some posters persist in doing so. Vick remains on probation for 3 years on his Federal conviction. His 3 year State sentence which covered seperate charges was suspended provided he completes his federal sentence. His bankruptcy proceeding which uncovered financial improprieties for which he may yet face investigation is ongoing. As are a couple of seperate civil suits. And Vick is years removed, as a result of his time served, from his best NFL season which was as a starting QB. He has never been anything else on the field (RB, KR, WR) nor has he expressed any interest in being anything else. And to fill any of those positions on this team you have to earn them by proving you can perform them.

If he makes little more than a mistake going forward, he will not only be suspended indefinitely - he will be finishing out one or more sentances in prison. He doesn't represent sufficient reward to even contemplate taking the risk here. Which is about what Bill stated in Belichick-speak yesterday. "Coach" ain't doing this. He's busy getting his team ready for the season.

Actually. . . .

2) He'll just be a second stringer and insurance policy - hell would freeze over before he played significant minutes over O'Connell at QB. Pats trade him next year if he shines in pre-season and does some nice things.

Few points:

Let me address Vick's ability. What made Vick effective in the past is exactly what Belichick hates. Vick can't run a conventional offense. He is too short. He doesn't read defense well. He typically doesn't have a complex playbook (Mike Vrabel stated when they scouted him for an upcoming game a few years back that Vick only ran four plays). A large portion of Vick's yards came off the QB option. I just don't see that being the type of QB that Belichick would want running the offense.

Now we have to address that Vick hasn't played football in over two years. We don't know what kind of football shape he is in. Working out in the yard at prison is not a regime a football player would go through. Vick might be in great shape, but it could take him 6 months to a year to get back into football shape.

I am against signing Vick. The dog fighting issue is only one of the issues that makes that decision. I don't think he fits the Pats' system to ever be more than a gimmick QB or playing WR/RB. He could never lead this offense if Brady went down and without an experienced OC, O'Connell would be the better option because they wouldn't have to change the offense to fit his skills.

I also think we have far think we have far too many players that should be kept on the 53 man roster than there are positions available. The Pats have four second round draft picks and seven picks in the first five rounds to fit on the roster or lose them entirely (anyone drafted in the first five rounds is likely to be pick off waivers if waived). They have added far more free agents than they lost. There is only so many roster spots and does Belichick really want to use a roster spot for a gimmick QB who is suspended for the first five games.

he had to agree to take a substantial pay cut (less than half), and he had to pass muster with Brady.

IIRC, (A) Brady was lobbying for Moss, and (B) Moss had said he was willing to take a pay cut to come to New England, and nowhere else.

Like someone else said, I hope something happens with Vick soon so the rumors and speculation stop. I'm tired of hearing/reading about it at every turn. I personally don't want him on the Patriots, but if he is going to come then get it done with.

IIRC, (A) Brady was lobbying for Moss, and (B) Moss had said he was willing to take a pay cut to come to New England, and nowhere else.

Um...yup. Think Brady is lobbying for Vick? He has a kid and dogs, as he recently reminded us. They even attended the wedding. They're about the size of the dogs fighters use as bait.

Forbes has an interesting piece up on the currently most disliked player in sports. Guess who wins. And that will remain an issue for the 32 member league intent on expanding it's base... What existing football fans, who may be divided depending on whose team your talking about him playing for, think is almost immaterial.

The Most Disliked People In Sports - Forbes.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back