2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

How would feel if M. Vick joint the PATs

• I have no problem if that happens

Votes: 106 48.4%
  • I would be disappointed but still be a loyal PATs fan

Votes: 98 44.7%
  • I would be very disappointed and may not support the PATs.

Votes: 15 6.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Scenerio: Say the unlikely happens and Vick is signed as a Patriot...

Does he make a difference to this team regarding Super Bowl hopes?

Re: Scenerio : Say the unlikely happens and Vick is signed as a Patriot....

Seriously how can a guy who would be on the field at most a dozen or so plays a game make the difference on whether this team goes to the Super Bowl or not. No player with such limited playing time can make that much of a difference.

how long has he been out of football? I don't see him being effective anywhere

Seriously how can a guy who would be on the field at most a dozen or so plays a game make the difference on whether this team goes to the Super Bowl or not. No player with such limited playing time can make that much of a difference.

Well,The mediots feel that his addition to this team would make what is already a great offense be an unstoppable one ,This is not how I feel but some here as well as the media might think the team does crazy things on offense and widens the playbook to new lengths if Vick lands here.

Personally I think that it changes nothing for this teams SB chances...although it might hurt it somewhat with outside distractions that could be cancerous such as the Tomase debacle did, but BB would probably be able to contain chaos that would definately happen if he was signed.

Last edited:

The day this asinine topic is dead is going to be a happy, happy day.

Scenerio : Say the unlikely happens and Vick is signed as a Patriot....

Say the unlikely happens and hell freezes over.....

Say the unlikely happens and Robert Kraft shows up at a game wearing a Colts jersey.....

What if Eleanor Roosevelt could fly and could've led bombing missions over Germany.....

Say the unlikely happens, and we get a single day without a "Patriots hire Vick" thread...

But, yeah, say the unlikely happens and hell freezes over.....

:rolleyes:

I was surprised when they got Moss. I was surprised when they took the safety in Denver. I was surprised when they beat the Rams. I am always surprised by this team. I love it.

If they decide to get Vick - so be it. When they probably don't - so be it. If DeVree is "in" and one of the other TEs isn't - so be it. As long as they win games, it's all good.

Scenerio : Say the unlikely happens and Vick is signed as a Patriot....

Say the unlikely happens and hell freezes over.....

Say the unlikely happens and Robert Kraft shows up at a game wearing a Colts jersey.....

What if Eleanor Roosevelt could fly and could've led bombing missions over Germany.....

Say the unlikely happens, and we get a single day without a "Patriots hire Vick" thread...

But, yeah, say the unlikely happens and hell freezes over.....

:rolleyes:

Say the unlikely happens and you don't waste space in this thread or forum with a worthless stupid answer....Now thats more unlikely than your scenerios

i hate anybody absolutely hate anybody who would do the sick twisted things he did. it would make me sick to see that human piece of sh!t in a pats uniform. he may have paid his debt to society but that doesn't mean I'm going to forget what he did. i hope he gets in the league then gets his head spilt open.

The day this asinine topic is dead is going to be a happy, happy day.

I agree I'll be glad when its over, but while it lasts its interesting to talk about it since so many here have such different views and opinions ;)

Well,The mediots feel that his addition to this team would make what is already a great offense be an unstoppable one ,This is not how I feel but some here as well as the media might think the team does crazy things on offense and widens the playbook to new lengths if Vick lands here.

Personally I think that it changes nothing for this teams SB chances...although it might hurt it somewhat with outside distractions that could be cancerous such as the Tomase debacle did, but BB would probably be able to contain chaos that would definately happen if he was signed.

I doubt the outside distraction would affect the team much especially since the controversy would happen in August. The Matt Walsh/Rams walkthrough incident was a special case since it happened on the Friday and Saturday before the Super Bowl. If the information came out a week before, the Pats could have handled it fine.

I choose none of your answers.

Adding Vick would mean booking tickets for Miami now

No, no team is one Michael Vick away from a Super Bowl right now, especially a team that doesn't need a QB.

Adding Vick would destroy SB hopes because of distractions

No, the Pats already have dealt with the biggest NFL scandal of all-time while pursuiting perfection.

Adding Vick would not make a difference at all-

No, adding Vick makes the Patriots a more talented team.

D. "I don't care, because if Vick joins I will no longer care about the Patriots"

I agree I'll be glad when its over, but while it lasts its interesting to talk about it since so many here have such different views and opinions ;)
No, it's not remotely interesting now that training camp has started and we have 3 Vick threads on the front page.

Sorry for bumping this crap.

D. "I don't care, because if Vick joins I will no longer care about the Patriots"

I don't think the Patriots would sign Vick. Tho, I would never post something that might come back and haunt me.

Does he make a difference to this team regarding Super Bowl hopes?

I can't answer the question with the options you provide. IMO, Vick's addition wouldn't assure a trip to Miami nor would it ruin the season nor would it necessarily not make any difference. If BB thought he'd add value to the team, that would be enough for me.

I imagine that BB would add him because he thought he'd bring an element to the offense that would be useful; springing him on a Defense a couple of plays a game out of the Single Wing ("Wildcat" to those of you less familiar with the history of the NFL) would be a potential headache for other teams' preparation, might cause them to waste a timeout and could lead to some big plays.

In that case, he would just be an added weapon. He wouldn't take significant playing time from TB, but as he learned the system he might become a viable option if Tommy got injured or if it proves wise/necessary to reduce his playing time.

I picked the bottom answer because but it is just the closest to what I think. the Pats are already a fav for the Superbowl and I do not think Vick would be a distraction either. I do think he would be exciting on the field in certain roles, still I do not want him here. He did serve his time and deserve a second chance IMHO just not here

I'm really torn on this one. Belichick's definitely had a history of turning around problem players. Vick's a huge talent that never really put it all together. Those seem to go well together, but I just don't have a good feeling about it.

I can't answer the question with the options you provide. IMO, Vick's addition wouldn't assure a trip to Miami nor would it ruin the season nor would it necessarily not make any difference. If BB thought he'd add value to the team, that would be enough for me.

I imagine that BB would add him because he thought he'd bring an element to the offense that would be useful; springing him on a Defense a couple of plays a game out of the Single Wing ("Wildcat" to those of you less familiar with the history of the NFL) would be a potential headache for other teams' preparation, might cause them to waste a timeout and could lead to some big plays.

In that case, he would just be an added weapon. He wouldn't take significant playing time from TB, but as he learned the system he might become a viable option if Tommy got injured or if it proves wise/necessary to reduce his playing time.

That's the best one yet, as he learned the system...:rofl:

He couldn't learn to consistently operate even a considerably dumbed down system in 6 years in Atlanta.

I think Vick would make the Pats more talented, but not as a QB. Don't we need a punt returner? Vick gets stronger and faster during the six weeks he can't play, and then we have a punt returner come week 7.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back