2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

How would feel if M. Vick joint the PATs

• I have no problem if that happens

Votes: 106 48.4%
  • I would be disappointed but still be a loyal PATs fan

Votes: 98 44.7%
  • I would be very disappointed and may not support the PATs.

Votes: 15 6.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Both head coaches he had in Atlanta, Bobby Petrino and Jim Mora Jr. say "hi" to you, Wildo.
Unless I missed some other drama that went on, which is entirely possible, the problem with Vick and coaches had to do with him not being capable of QBing a team by himself. As far as being a good teammate and causing trouble goes, my interpretation was that that was never a problem. He's not gonna come here and spell Brady obviously, but I am extremely confident that if anyone can use him as a luxury weapon with maximum effect it's BB. My only point is that the only reason I think the Pats should turn him away is if he doesn't make them a more potent offense.

Unless I missed some other drama that went on, which is entirely possible, the problem with Vick and coaches had to do with him not being capable of QBing a team by himself. As far as being a good teammate and causing trouble goes, my interpretation was that that was never a problem. He's not gonna come here and spell Brady obviously, but I am extremely confident that if anyone can use him as a luxury weapon with maximum effect it's BB. My only point is that the only reason I think the Pats should turn him away is if he doesn't make them a more potent offense.

He couldn't run Atlanta's dumbed down offense. He can't remotely run this one so backup QB is out. He's never been a RB, WR or KR so he represents no value to BB in those roles. If all he could do is take the ball out of the hands of the best QB in the league for one or two plays a game, he doesn't rate a roster space on a BB team. While he may not have been a classic locker room cancer in Atlanta, he was more like a chronic illness that permeated the entire franchise. Everything had to be tailored to him. They even had to get rid of a damn fine backup for fear of a QB controversey - just when it turned out they needed one the most. He had little or no interaction with his teamates in Atlanta. Turns out that was probably for the best. He was too busy hangin' with his homeboys.

But there is another reason to turn him away. And Bob Kraft articulated that on several occasions beginning when Parcells left. He does not want to own a team that resorts to hiring thugs and hoodlums, and if that is what it takes to win he will opt out of NFL ownership altogether.

So oddly Bob is more closely aligned with those who state they would not support this team if they were to hire Vick than those who say I root for the laundry and could care less who wears it as long as it wins...

billdog3484 said:
whoever voted they wouldnt support the pats if we signed vick should resign from this website. are you kidding me. the reason we have a penal system is to punish people for what they did. vick served his time. i disagree with denying a man the right to earn a living after he has served his time

Playing in the NFL is a priviledge, not a right. He is welcome to earn a living the same way any other convicted felon on probation does...which generally doesn't involve getting your old job back unless it was a minimum wage job to begin with.

According to the updated PFT Anti-Vick List these are the 10 teams who've yet to rule out singing Vick.

Arizona Cardinals
Baltimore Ravens
Carolina Panthers
Cleveland Browns
Denver Broncos
Green Bay Packers
New England Patriots
New Orleans Saints
Pittsburgh Steelers
San Diego Chargers

According to the updated PFT Anti-Vick List these are the 10 teams who've yet to rule out singing Vick.

Arizona Cardinals
Baltimore Ravens
Carolina Panthers
Cleveland Browns
Denver Broncos
Green Bay Packers
New England Patriots
New Orleans Saints
Pittsburgh Steelers
San Diego Chargers

The Panthers were reported as having no interest a couple of days ago. As for NE, PFT isn't going to rule us out until BB says ruled out and hell will freeze over first. But for all intents and purposes he is... "Spokesman Stacey James told me just a minute ago that Vick was not in town today working out for the Pats, nor will he be." That was in Ian Rappaport's blog yesterday evening, and for anyone who knows this organization that is as close to a rule out as you will ever get here.

Kraft closes door on Vick | ProFootballTalk.com

Kraft closes door on Vick
Posted by Mike Florio on August 1, 2009 3:37 PM ET

As if there was any doubt regarding the Patriots' lack of interest in quarterback Mike Vick, owner Bob Kraft has plainly stated that Vick won't be joining the team. Several readers tell us (and Mike Reiss of the Boston Globe tweets) that Kraft told Sirius NFL Radio that it's not happening. The quote (possibly paraphrased) is as follows:

"I feel we have the best player at the position in the world. Why would I want to sign a player that takes him off the field for a play?"

Though Kraft's words don't take into account the possibility of another season-ending injury, multiple ACLs would have to tear before Vick would hit the Pats' radar screen.

Looks like Bob finally read my e-mail to him sent earlier this week:

Hello Mr. Kraft,

I have been a very proud Patriots season ticket holder since 1994. I have supported the Patriots through good times and bad, heavy snow and rain, and have tapped my meager savings to attend three Super Bowls.
Please know this: I will NO LONGER support the Patriots if Michael Vick is brought in for a tryout. I believe you would do your team's fan base a favor by issuing a public statement reassuring us all that the Patriots are not interested in Vick.
Kind regards,

So now that "the boss" as Brady fondly calls him has spoken, can we get this and any stray Vick threads locked down and put this idiotic and ill conceived nonsense behind us...

And, interestingly enough, it's based on pure football reasons, and has nothing to do with his off-the-field issues.

No need to go there when you have sufficient reason not to. Among the teams who have eliminated him to date have any stated it's for other than football reasons? Some of them are being a tad disingenuous in the process, given their existing QB situations.

i dont want him but if we got him, more publicity and he could possible be versitile...zone read, option, that is if brady got hurt and oconnell was still unimpressive...

No need to go there when you have sufficient reason not to. Among the teams who have eliminated him to date have any stated it's for other than football reasons? Some of them are being a tad disingenuous in the process, given their existing QB situations.

Exactly. Why on EARTH would Kraft invite a media firestorm by alluding to Vick's off the field problems when the fact that he is of no value to them even if he is a choir boy should suffice? He's not stupid!

I'm glad he said something because I know BB won't for the fun of it, and I understand that. But I'm tired of walking around feeling sick to my stomach that this is even a topic of conversation, however unlikely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News