2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

How would feel if M. Vick joint the PATs

• I have no problem if that happens

Votes: 106 48.4%
  • I would be disappointed but still be a loyal PATs fan

Votes: 98 44.7%
  • I would be very disappointed and may not support the PATs.

Votes: 15 6.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Vick visiting the Patriots today ?

Pretty hateful words for someone who claims to be such a "caring" person.

Even caring people can call 'em as they see 'em, can't they? ;)

SOURCES: VICK WORKING OUT FOR PATRIOTS [UPDATED: VICK NOT IN NEW ENGLAND]

[Editor's note: It looks like I should stick to covering the Miami Dolphins and stop worrying about other teams in the division. Mike Reiss, the most respected reporter in the New England area, is reporting that Vick was not in New England and will not be in New England. If Reiss reports it, I'll take it as gospel. I'll now attempt to get down to the bottom of the inaccuracy of my sources. My sincere apologies for any waves I caused as a result of this report.]

Interesting. He posted this after I'd pointed out Reiss' column discrediting the Vick appearance in his comments section.

Wake up guys, this is classic BB. Taking the attention and focus off of Brady and his knee by giving a couple of quotes on vick which sidetracked the medias attention away from his star qb and onto a player that isnt even on the team.

Yes I no its a run on sentence.

Last edited:
Wake up guys, this is classic BB. Taking the attention and focus off of Brady and his knee by giving a couple of quotes on vick which sidetracked the medias attention away from his star qb and onto a player that isnt even on the team.

It's classic in the sense that publicly BB is a blank slate and everybody just starts projecting and over-interpreting as a result. He's a great coach, but he's not THE UBERPUPPETMASTER.

the el presidente guy on barstool is quite amusing.

Yah El Pres got seriously beclowned yet again by his 'source'. Some guy (my hero) sent him an OLD cropped photo of Vick in a suit walking by a podium, claiming it was taken at Gilette today by his camera phone. Played him like a fish. Had El Pres not been an internet newbie and shall we say not the brightest in the litter, he'd have done a Vick photo search on Google and discovered the same photo as did one of his readers. DUH!!!

http://boston.barstoolsports.com/random-thoughts/reader-email-you-make-the-call/

Last edited:
Yah El Pres got seriously beclowned yet again by his 'source'. Some guy (my hero) sent him an OLD cropped photo of Vick in a suit walking by a podium, claiming it was taken at Gilette today by his camera phone. Played him like a fish. Had El Pres not been an internet newbie and shall we say not the brightest in the litter, he'd have done a Vick photo search on Google and discovered the same photo as did one of his readers. DUH!!!

Reader Email - You Make The Call Boston.BarstoolSports.com

It's hard to f*ck up this bad without putting a lot of effort into said f*cking up.

BarStoolSports said:
Bottomline is I am 100% positive he flew in this morning.

BarStoolSports said:
MY INFO WAS SOLID!!!

:ugh:

Last edited:
I donlt want him because I think he is a lousy qb. However, if BB thinks he can utilize him, I'm all for it. As far as I am concerned, Vick has served his punishement (and then some) for his crime. It still blows my mind that Stallworth kills a man and does how much time? Two days? Vick does 2 years for killing some dogs - especially pit bulls. I shake my head just thinking about how ridiculous that is.

Well, perhaps if you thought about it in a more comprehensive and fairer way, it would start to make sense to you like it does to some of us. Although I think the vast majority of people agree with you that 24 days (and a big payoff) for involuntary manslaughter is less than fair.

Re: If Vick lands with the Patriots...

Vick can add a lot of versatility by running in ways that Brady cannot, putting in Vick also reduces Brady's chance of getting hurt. It's something to think about.

OK, there's 0.05 of a second I'll never get back in my life.

Re: If Vick lands with the Patriots...

OK, there's 0.05 of a second I'll never get back in my life.

It could have been worse. I merged 6 Vick threads into this one - - they had taken up one third of the forum page earlier.

Ugh.

"Have we ruled it out? I don't know that it's ruled in or ruled out. I'm not not answering your question. I'm saying I don't think it's ever been put that way, so I can't really answer that."

"You know I think we would consider..." said Belichick, before seemingly reversing field. "We're coaching the players that we have on the field right now, so that's who is here. So, anybody who isn't here is there potential that they could be here? Yeah, there probably is. But right now they're not.
Belichick won't rule out Vick - Reiss' Pieces - Boston.com

Is BB not the master :rofl:

Aside from the all too common gratuitous shot at Sarah Palin, I agree that I have no problem if the folker signs with any of 31 NFL teams, preferably an AFC rival. Just not the Patriots.

Why though, does that give the Pats some kind of moral high ground? It's not as if he's a locker room cancer, getting "second-chance" players at a discount and remaking their celebrity is one of the many things I love about the Pats.

Why though, does that give the Pats some kind of moral high ground? It's not as if he's a locker room cancer, getting "second-chance" players at a discount and remaking their celebrity is one of the many things I love about the Pats.

Why? I can't stand the felonious folker. As a sociopathic felon he's orders of magnitude worse than Dillon (pretty borderline bad, I'll agree) and Moss (more of an irresponsible ahole in the past than a sociopath). Let some other LOSAH team try the million to one shot at redemption, not the Krafts. I believe that some teams/organizations are superior to others.

Last edited:
Why? I can't stand the felonious folker. As a sociopathic felon he's orders of magnitude worse than Dillon (pretty borderline bad, I'll agree) and Moss (more of an irresponsible ahole in the past than a sociopath). Let some other LOSAH team try the million to one shot at redemption, not the Krafts. I believe that some teams/organizations are superior to others.

:rolleyes:
Firstly you come out and say that Michael Vick is a Sociopath, you don't know that. What he did was henious but that doesn't mean he is a Sociopath, many felons are not sociopaths but have simply got caught up in something illegal. If the has shown remorse for his actions and helps out societies who combat this sort of thing, then he is not a sociopath.

On the other part of your little ridic statement, under Bill Belichick the Patriots are all about being the best team in the game, if that means that Michael Vick is worth a roster spot then thats what they should do.

Fcuk the begrudgers and those sad people that don't understand that he has paid for his crimes in jail time and loss of earnings.

If he signs for us and you can't get over it, tough go off and support one of those LOSAH teams.

:rolleyes:
Firstly you come out and say that Michael Vick is a Sociopath, you don't know that. What he did was henious but that doesn't mean he is a Sociopath, many felons are not sociopaths but have simply got caught up in something illegal. If the has shown remorse for his actions and helps out societies who combat this sort of thing, then he is not a sociopath.

PWP: Clearly you did not read, or more likely failed to comprehend my post explaining the classification.

On the other part of your little ridic statement, under Bill Belichick the Patriots are all about being the best team in the game, if that means that Michael Vick is worth a roster spot then thats what they should do.

PWP: You lose it at the If. Nevah gonna happen.

Fcuk the begrudgers and those sad people that don't understand that he has paid for his crimes in jail time and loss of earnings.

PWP: Once more for the really slow in life. Never said he hadn't paid his dues to society or that he should not be reinstated. Please try to keep up.

If he signs for us and you can't get over it, tough go off and support one of those LOSAH teams.

OK, I'll do that.
Obviously you've outed me as a newbie bandwagon fan and not a stallwart fan like yourself who endured many 1-4 game winning seasons.
My bad.

Last edited:
OK, I'll do that.
Obviously you've outed me as a newbie bandwagon fan and not a stallwart fan like yourself who endured many 1-4 game winning seasons.
My bad.

I read your previous two posts to the one above and replied to the second last one.

As far as your little suggestion that I'm a newbie, I might be on this site but I'm following the Pats since the mid 70's.

Please link me to the post that you suggest I failed to understand.

Lets clear something up, I am no Michael Vick fan and I do think BB is using this to send the media off chasing a cloud and leave his players in peace at training camp. However I would never rule it out as BB will sign anybody he feels can make the difference between winning and losing a game.

whoever voted they wouldnt support the pats if we signed vick should resign from this website. are you kidding me. the reason we have a penal system is to punish people for what they did. vick served his time. i disagree with denying a man the right to earn a living after he has served his time

Why though, does that give the Pats some kind of moral high ground? It's not as if he's a locker room cancer.........

Both head coaches he had in Atlanta, Bobby Petrino and Jim Mora Jr. say "hi" to you, Wildo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand