2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

How would feel if M. Vick joint the PATs

• I have no problem if that happens

Votes: 106 48.4%
  • I would be disappointed but still be a loyal PATs fan

Votes: 98 44.7%
  • I would be very disappointed and may not support the PATs.

Votes: 15 6.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
You're pretty severely misinterpreting what that almost-half is saying. I think Vick is a reprehensible human being. That said, I wouldn't have a problem if the Pats decided to pick him up. You get players for what they bring to the table on the football field and in the locker room, and if the Pats decide that he's a worthwhile investment in that regard, then that's their call. Vick would be far from the first scumbag to put on a uniform.

Well I can't argue that there are some bad character people playing ball.
But I have been proud of the PATs for the most part because they
DO care about character not just football skills. The day they turn
into the Raiders will be a sad day.
CHARACTER COUNTS! the day the people making the decisions stop thinking that way is the day this team will start going down.

It is hard to understand why so many fans here seem to have forgotten that??:confused:

Last edited:
Well I can't argue that are some bad character people playing ball.
But I have been proud of the PATs for the most part because they
DO care about character not just football skills. The day they turn
into the Raiders will be a sad day.
CHARACTER COUNTS! the day the people making the decisions stop thinking that way is the day this team will start going down.

It is hard to understand why so many fans here seem to have forgotten that??:confused:

Irving Fryar, Zeke Mowatt, Randy Moss, Corey Dillon.....

Before and after Belichick. One needn't be a saint to play football.

Come on ...you are going put Moss and Dillion in the same class as Vick???
There is a big difference and if you can't see that I can say no more
about it.

Come on ...you are going put Moss and Dillion in the same class as Vick???
There is a big difference and if you can't see that I can say no more
about it.

Moss and Dillon were allegedly committing offenses against human beings, while Vick was committing offenses against dogs. Nonetheless, they were still sought after and gotten by Belichick.

You may equate animals to people. I don't.

Moss and Dillon were allegedly committing offenses against human beings, while Vick was committing offenses against dogs. Nonetheless, they were still sought after and gotten by Belichick.

You may equate animals to people. I don't.

unbelievable . . . . . .:confused::confused::confused:

We need some Patjew input.

Dogs are considered food (as well as pets, I know) in China. Like in restaurants. RAISED AS FOOD. It's not an urban legend, folks.

I have a dog, and he rocks, and I'd be mad if he got killed or tortured. I think dogfighting is gross, but I also don't get the fascination with boxing and UFC for sport. But dogs are animals, not people. He did something that is a crime in the US, served his punishment and has now been sort of re-instated.

Sheesh. I wonder if they'll start putting people in prison for vehicular dogslaughter if they smite some pooch en route to football games.

If he can change his character to match the expectations of the society in which the NFL exists and make the Pats better, bring 'im on.

That said, I don't see the value in using a roster spot for him.

Last edited:
I'd be too concerned about the announcement of BB's departure to care a whit about Vick.

Re: a M.Vick Poll

It depends on what ULF team would sign him,If its a team with an expected starter like Losman,Then no, he will still sit

This year it will be a four team league, the franchise that has his rights is Orlando franchise that will be named later.

Yes, the Orlando Mystery Men.:D

I voted "no problem if that happens," but only on the assumption that Coach decided it was in the best interests of the team ("In BB I trust").

Otherwise, as long as it is NFL policy to allow someone who has "paid his debt to society" and, in the judgment of the Commissioner, is "rehabilitated" to play in the league after serving a suspension, I don't see how we can differentiate among the various and sundry real or alleged crimes that were or might have been committed by those who are allowed to return.

I have young kids and I've taught them to look up to the Pats. If it were up to me, the NFL would have a "no felons back in the game" policy. But it's not up to me and that's not the policy. So, who am I to say that one felony is worse than another felony?

Last edited:

None of the players you mention have displayed sociopathic behavior/borderline personality disorder. Vick is a sick person; no amount of "mentoring" will help him. His own father tried and Vick the Prick turned his back on him.

This is Patsfans.com. The Peta site is elsewhere.

The more I see of your posts, the less respect I have for anything you care to share.

Last edited:
None of the players you mention have displayed sociopathic behavior/borderline personality disorder. Vick is a sick person; no amount of "mentoring" will help him. His own father tried and Vick the Prick turned his back on him.

Dillon was charged with assaulting his wife and Moss was running over police officers. As I said to JR4, you may equate humans and animals, but I don't.
The more I see of your posts, the less respect I have for anything you care to share.

Ehhh.... my point was that this is a different audience, nothing more. If you can't grasp that and have to turn it into anything else, that's on you. Take a look at the current poll results (40-36-11) and perhaps you'll see the point of what I was saying.

Last edited:
Dillon was charged with assaulting his wife and Moss was running over police officers. As I said to JR4, you may equate humans and animals, but I don't.

I can discern the difference between animals and people. I also can discern the difference between unlawful behavior and someone who is seriously sick in the head. That's the difference between Dillon/Moss and your pal Vick.

You've made it abundantly clear in multiple threads that you have little regard for animals as sentient beings. Your ignorance is quite underwhelming in that regard.

Ehhh.... my point was that this is a different audience, nothing more. If you can't grasp that and have to turn it into anything else, that's on you. Take a look at the current poll results (40-36-11) and perhaps you'll see the point of what I was saying.

Yes, you may count me in the minority who values "his" football team as something more than a collection of automatons. A big part of why I like players such as Bruschi, Brady, Light, etc., is that they're good people and good role models for kids. I can't cheer for the likes of Vick. If someone told me that Vick would be the difference between a Pats Super Bowl win or loss, I'd take the loss without him every time. And this is coming from a 16-year season ticket holder who has tapped his meager savings to attend three Super Bowls.

Last edited:
I can discern the difference between animals and people. I also can discern the difference between unlawful behavior and someone who is seriously sick in the head. That's the difference between Dillon/Moss and your pal Vick.

You've made it abundantly clear in multiple threads that you have little regard for animals as sentient beings. Your ignorance is quite underwhelming in that regard.

I have lived around and raised animals all my life, and I have nothing but the highest opinion of most animals. Your presumption that I am ignorant about "animals as sentient beings" is completely inaccurate.

Last edited:
Your presumption that I am ignorant about "animals as sentient beings" is completely inaccurate.

Thanks for setting the record straight. Your prior posts suggested otherwise.

Re: a M.Vick Poll

So you do not think a guy who paid his debt to society should get a second chance?[/SIZE]

No, I think a guy who was a ****ty football player isn't going to get better after 2 years in jail.

I would be disappointed, but not because of the off-field issues (which I in no way condone), but because I think it would be a waste of a roster spot. Michael Vick is not the kind of thinking QB that can do well in our system. There of course are concerns about Brady holding up for the whole year given his injury last year. We need back-up QBs who can come in & play if need be. Vick hasn't played in 2 years and was known in the past for "winging it" and relying on his pure athletic ability. I can't see how he would fit in here.

Just wondering how fans here feel about Vick joining the PATs.
How you feel if Vick joined the PATs?

Is is snowing in Hell?

For those of you who said you would not support the Patriots if they signed Vick then get the hell off the bandwagon and go buy some Jets season tickets,they need to sell some :mad:

I'm sure Kraft would have much rather cashed in a 2nd rounder for an unproven Pat White than sign Vick............ he could have, but didn't.
To answer the question: bad idea, but it would take A LOT more for me to stop loving this team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back