PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

I know you guys hate when people say it, but Brady lost his passion

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is a buch of BS. Passion is coming in early to work out, staying late to review film, working hard, being competitive.

By your measure, Chris Canty had a lot of passion because he was so passionate that he wouldn't even wait until the play is over to do his dance. He would celebrate if he made a hit after giving up 30 yards on a passing play. Chris Canty may have been the most passionate Patriots player in history.

Passion is measured how you approach the game, not how you react on the sidelines. Some of the most passionate players in the NFL are not firey guys.

He was being sarcastic.

Spoiled and most of you on this board should be ashamed of yourselves for thinking this.

I'm done with this board...

One guy makes a jackass thread and you're done with the board.

well see you later Adalius. :rolleyes:

I don't care about sideline looks.

Poor throwing decisions are more of a concern to me. He has had poor receivers before, but he killed the team today.

I still think I am missing something here, but the Brady who had consistently this season roamed the sidelines trying to fire up his teammates was actually someone else? Or did people forget the video that was overly dissecting Brady trying to fire up Moss in that game where it debated whether Moss was dogging it.

People see what they want to see. Or do people want to forget all the talk about in 2006 where "Brady's body language" was overly dissected too.

Did anyone think that maybe since Brady himself had a bad day that he might have figured that him trying to motivate other players to play better might have been taken the wrong way and felt he wasn't in a position to do it. How can he yell at players to step up when he isn't doing it himself?

Faulk was yelling at the offense, who knows where brady was at. Just embarrassing, he looked disinterested throughout. Clapped his hands after running out of the tunnel and that was it.

Actually he was right there yelling at them too. CBS showed him doing it and he was with Faulk doing the same thing in a huddle on the sidelines.

Or do people want to forget all the talk about in 2006 where "Brady's body language" was overly dissected too.

I was hoping no one would return to that topic. I lowered my head when I read it. I also dropped my sholders. My face had a blank expression. But I'm ok.

You dont come back from the injury he had in one year and play at the level he did this year without passion.
One thing about todays game it brought out the fair weather fans that dont know squat about football and were merely here for the ride, all you candy-ass fair weather fans can leave the train now, there will be no room when it leaves the station next time.

Last edited:
Look, it's only natural for a young player to be more of a rah rah guy and for an elder statesman to be more laid back, been there done that type of attitude. So I can't say he's lost his passion for the game based on his pre-game theatrics.

On the same token, it's also natural for a young guy with no responsibility outside of football and have nothing but time to put into his profession to be better prepared than an older guy who's newly married and just gave birth to his second child. That older guy has responsibilities now that preceed over football. Where the young Brady had time after practice to go over film, talk to coaches, etc, the older Brady will more likely go home to his family. It's just life progressing. You can't blame him.

Brady just didn't look prepared today. There were times that it was a mental mistake, not a physical mistake, that killed our chances. And it's not just this game. It's been for the entire year. I've never seen Brady make as much ill-advised throws he's made this year in any other year. If it were a physical mistake, then you can attribute that to injuries, but since they were mental mistakes, then the best you can do is theorize the reason for his mistakes.

Is he losing his passion for football? I don't think so. But I think there's just something else in his life now that he's even more passionate about. And if you have kids, you know what it's like.

While at the game today, I could help but thinking this. They showed a clip of Brady before SB36; he was going nuts with Bledsoe before the game- bumping heads and jumping up and down like madmen. Now, sadly, you never see that out of him. I remember back in the day during warmups, Brady used to come out and once he reached the closed endzone, he would start pounding his helmet and throwing fists in the air trying to get the crowd pumped; now when he comes out, he merely meekly claps.

This year and today in particular, I have seen Brady throw some of the worst INTs of his career. Worst of all, it has nothing to do with mechanics but rather merely not thinking and throwing into double or triple coverage. His head simply is not in the game and, unfortunately, I think the Brady Era, in terms of winning at least, may be over.

Christ almighty. What does his poor performance have to do with passion? Did you see how pissed off he was? Anyone that questions the heart of a man that plays with cracked ribs, a recovering knee and a broken thumb, needs their head examined. He played like poop. Not a passion problem. An execution problem.

Last edited:
This thread blows

Brady may not have that same, visible "fire" anymore but he is still a tough competitor.

He didn't have much to work with. People love to say he won SBs with no name receivers but he has nothing to work with on the field. Welker out, Moss hurt. The other people playing WR out there are an embarrassment to the position

This team has a few issues to address on defense but if the team doesn't find Brady a legitimate target or two this team is going to fade away fast.

Good to see not everyone's sarcasm meter is off. ;)

I woke up and have to get on a plane in 5 hours

my sarcasm meter hasn't even turned back on yet

Brady is like Jeter---he usually leads by example rather than emotion. I think the fire still burns, although it looked at times like wanted the season to just be over with. The long gazes on the sideline were painful to watch(esp at Indy and NO) Who can't remember him sitting all by himself looking expressionless, I really never saw that ever in Brady's career. I'm wondering how his young teammates perceive him. Brady is no longer just a football player, but an iconic symbol to many young players.....so there may be an intimidation factor that the young players have of approaching him--when you're as successful as Brady, it's inevitable that an island forms in the locker room between you and several other players. These islands create a bit of tension in the locker room or a lack of cohesion.

Last edited:
I am the biggest Tom Brady fan around. Believe me. When I'm out with buddies it's a running joke about my man crush on him. I've never said ANYTHING bad about him, until now. He honestly seemed to be just going through the motions today. I too am questioning his passion, never thought I'd say it.

Immobile, holding the ball too long, locking onto a favorite receiver, throwing into double & triple coverage.

Drew Bledsoe? No, that was Tom Brady for much of this year.

Forget passion. Mentally, he is not there.

WTF was up with him not running the ball into the end zone when he got flushed from the pocket down on the goal line? He had a clear lane and just didn't want to take it.

While at the game today, I could help but thinking this. They showed a clip of Brady before SB36; he was going nuts with Bledsoe before the game- bumping heads and jumping up and down like madmen. Now, sadly, you never see that out of him. I remember back in the day during warmups, Brady used to come out and once he reached the closed endzone, he would start pounding his helmet and throwing fists in the air trying to get the crowd pumped; now when he comes out, he merely meekly claps.

This year and today in particular, I have seen Brady throw some of the worst INTs of his career. Worst of all, it has nothing to do with mechanics but rather merely not thinking and throwing into double or triple coverage. His head simply is not in the game and, unfortunately, I think the Brady Era, in terms of winning at least, may be over.

I completely agree.

Football is no longer that important to him. He has his money & his geil jungfrau; he'll collect a couple of more paychecks, then we'll never see him again.

Last edited:
Mentally, he is not there.

No, he's not there but how much might that be due to him being a physical wreak? He's playing with MULTIPLE injuries, has a porous O-line, and is probably on a little something to help him deal with the physical pain, should we really expect him to be there?

If we want Brady to be there he needs much better protection, an OC worth a damn, and ideally an improved running and receiving corp.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News