PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Your favorite Tom Brady moment -- on or off the field

There's so many but for some reason the Saints comeback game sticks out for me, after almost throwing the game away the D got them the ball back and we had an improbable win. He never gave up, not in his vocabulary.

Honestly, it’s a small one, but it probably won’t get mentioned, so I’ll bring it up.
During the “we’re on to Cincinnati” game, very early in the first quarter, after an entire week of the loudest drum beat of “the dynasty is dead” from the media we ever heard, it was 3rd and long, and Brady ran for it. You could tell there was no ****ing way he wasn’t going to shut the entire world up on the first drive of that game.

He got the 1st, got up and went psycho-Tom mode. The stadium went crazy, the sideline went crazy, and then the Bengals got a ****ing buzz saw for the rest of the night. Straight trampled. And that Brady run for the 1st set that tone.

After the long week of media hate, I admit I got misty eyed emotional on that 1st down.
Will never forget it.
I cannot stress enough how much I loved that game. From the lead up to Bedard (I think it was, iirc) reporting that Brady would "almost certainly" be gone by 2017, Bill laughing at the suggestion that he'd replace him for Jimmy G, the momentum the Bengals had going into it, and Gronk's emotional post-game interview about how the team was fired up on behalf of Tom. That game was IMO, the most important in 14' regular season and the team basically was the mentally toughest in the league for the remainder of it.

As far as on the field moments go, I'm really partial to the beatdown he gave the Steelers in that AFCCG of the 2016 season (384 yards and 3 TDs) following Tomlin running his mouth going into it. People memed Brady's giant coat to death, but IMO, he looked positively regal.

I also loved how insanely clutch he was in that OT comeback win over the Broncos during the 2013 regular season and also count that game as being among Gronk, Jules, and Bill's finest hours.

As far as on the field moments go, I'm really partial to the beatdown he gave the Steelers in that AFCCG of the 2016 season (384 yards and 3 TDs) following Tomlin running his mouth going into it. People memed Brady's giant coat to death, but IMO, he looked positively regal.

I also loved how insanely clutch he was in that OT comeback win over the Broncos during the 2013 regular season and also count that game as being among Gronk, Jules, and Bill's finest hours.
The first AFCCG against Pitt when he annihilated them then we learned he was sick with the flu and they have him an IV in his hotel room the night before was something. And some mediots had the nerve to call him soft, dude was the toughest player his whole career.
tear a tendon is his ankle, tape it up and he plays, get a huge cut on his throwing hand, stitch it up and he plays and wins. Dude was unbelievable.

On the field :

Gotta have it long zip pass to Edelman in the SB.

Off the field :

Brady, like a boss, gets photographed cuddling a goat, foreshadowing what’s to come.

Picking the Super Bowl winning drives is easy.

My favorite Brady moment is uncorking a bomb to Troy Brown in overtime in Miami to win the game. I was at a big football party. Steaks, beer, the whole nine. It was a tight game with the refs messing up the coin toss. The Pats get a stop on D and then Brady launches that pass. When it was in the air you could have heard a pin drop with about 50 people in the room. When Brown caught it, the place erupted like I've never heard before. It was such a great moment (and great game). It's my favorite Pats memory (outside of the Super Bowl wins, obviously) and my personal favorite Brady moment.
And it is a crucial game and play in Patriots history.

The second AFCCG against Pitt when he annihilated them then we learned he was sick with the flu and they have him an IV in his hotel room the night before was something. And some mediots had the nerve to call him soft, dude was the toughest player his whole career.
tear a tendon is his ankle, tape it up and he plays, get a huge cut on his throwing hand, stitch it up and he plays and wins. Dude was unbelievable.
fify

When a single quaterback takes a franchise from 0 to 6 superbowl, he should be honored for the rest of eternity.

Super Bowl 51. His name was dragged through the mud for two years. I live out of state so I got a ton of crap about him and I vehemently defended him using basic science but hardly anyone was having it because they just wanted to hate on him. He got suspended then went full on Terminator mode all the way up to the Super Bowl. I thought he wasn't going to get his revenge but then he went psychotic and led the greatest comeback of all time and the sweetest cherry on top was that Goodall got booed while having to personally hand over the Super Bowl trophy to Tom.
This is mine as well. SB 51 was just the epitome of Tom Brady, not perfect, helped put the team in the hole they found themselves, but like a true GOAT, was unbelievable in the comeback. There is a scene in the NFL Films movie about the game, when he was coming back, maybe for the tying drive, where they show Brady walking onto the field in slo mo, showing him from the side, it’s just such a legendary goosebump inducing scene, almost like a conqueror coming out, and you know you have no chance. He was like an assassin.

Also loved, that was the NFL F U season from Brady, where he just destroyed the opponent in his revenge season. And then when Gooddell was forced to hand him the SB MVP Trophy, just legendary. My Favorite Brady moment was his 2nd half and OT performance in SB 51.

This is mine as well. SB 51 was just the epitome of Tom Brady, not perfect, helped put the team in the hole they found themselves, but like a true GOAT, was unbelievable in the comeback. There is a scene in the NFL Films movie about the game, when he was coming back, maybe for the tying drive, where they show Brady walking onto the field in slo mo, showing him from the side, it’s just such a legendary goosebump inducing scene, almost like a conqueror coming out, and you know you have no chance. He was like an assassin.

Also loved, that was the NFL F U season from Brady, where he just destroyed the opponent in his revenge season. And then when Gooddell was forced to hand him the SB MVP Trophy, just legendary. My Favorite Brady moment was his 2nd half and OT performance in SB 51.
The defining image that sticks with me from that game will always be that of Tom in the immediate seconds after White's TD: crouched on the ground in seeming disbelief of what he just accomplished, surrounded by his teammates and coaches, so emotionally exhausted after everything he went through since Defamegate that Guerrero and Blount had to throw their arms around him as if to tell him "Yes this just happened", and culminating in Bill coming into the middle of the circle to embrace him.

SB 49 will always hold a place in my heart as the "best" Superbowl of my lifetime, but that 2016-17 team might be my favorite of them all: just the fact the D turned it around after the (at the time) utterly shocking Collins trade that for a short moment, sharply polarized this site, and that Brady and the offense pulled things off without Gronk is insane.

Last edited:

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back