Your favorite Tom Brady moment -- on or off the field

Tunescribe

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
2023 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
This seems a good time for sharing favorite TB12 memories. In my case the top on-field memories are pretty much countless; I had the privilege of attending nearly all the games he played in Foxboro plus quite a few away games, including Super Bowls. But one special moment stands out from a preseason game around 15 years ago.

I was among a group of season ticket holders selected to line up on the Patriots sideline during a pregame "fan appreciation" event. The team came out of the tunnel as usual, led by Brady. But instead of doing his usual warmup thing Tom made a point of coming over to us with a big smile and said, "How you doin', guys!" It wasn't what he said but how he said it -- genuinely warm and enthusiastic, like he really meant it. And I think he did.

I don't think this counts, but I'll say it anyway.

In 2007, before the season started, my older brother got one of those Tom Brady "fat heads". Stuck it right beside his big screen. I thought it was the coolest.

That season, my dad, younger brother, and older brother would all get together on GameDay to watch the most amazing season, by the most amazing quarterback. Something about that "fat head" made it all the more memorable.

I don't think this counts, but I'll say it anyway.

In 2007, before the season started, my older brother got one of those Tom Brady "fat heads". Stuck it right beside his big screen. I thought it was the coolest.

That season, my dad, younger brother, and older brother would all get together on GameDay to watch the most amazing season, by the most amazing quarterback. Something about that "fat head" made it all the more memorable.

OF COURSE it counts! Good one.

Honestly, it’s a small one, but it probably won’t get mentioned, so I’ll bring it up.
During the “we’re on to Cincinnati” game, very early in the first quarter, after an entire week of the loudest drum beat of “the dynasty is dead” from the media we ever heard, it was 3rd and long, and Brady ran for it. You could tell there was no ****ing way he wasn’t going to shut the entire world up on the first drive of that game.

He got the 1st, got up and went psycho-Tom mode. The stadium went crazy, the sideline went crazy, and then the Bengals got a ****ing buzz saw for the rest of the night. Straight trampled. And that Brady run for the 1st set that tone.

After the long week of media hate, I admit I got misty eyed emotional on that 1st down.
Will never forget it.

How about when he dove over the Ravens D line for that playoff touchdown and Ray Lewis folded him in half? That’s the difference between a Brady and a Rodgers. Rodgers will look pretty against a week 3 defensive coordinator that’s going to get fired at the end of the year, but he can’t go to war with Hall of Fame defenses in January.

Super Bowl 51. His name was dragged through the mud for two years. I live out of state so I got a ton of crap about him and I vehemently defended him using basic science but hardly anyone was having it because they just wanted to hate on him. He got suspended then went full on Terminator mode all the way up to the Super Bowl. I thought he wasn't going to get his revenge but then he went psychotic and led the greatest comeback of all time and the sweetest cherry on top was that Goodall got booed while having to personally hand over the Super Bowl trophy to Tom.

It's too hard to pick from all the amazing moments over the years, the comebacks, championship plays, gritty performances, crazy throws, etc

So I'm going with one that, at the time, spoke to me. I never forgot it. Pats at ****tsburgh in 2010. This game was remembered far more for being Gronk's breakout game, but I loved this moment from TFB

https://youtu.be/66r_NM0PU4w?si=Vf_BAYjvblcstAzm&t=680

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back