PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

I know you guys hate when people say it, but Brady lost his passion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Brady is hurt much worse then anyone thinks, same goes for Moss

This thread just completley baffles me.

Tom Brady is the only athlete married to a beautiful woman I guess? The logic in here is just non-existant.

Tom Brady is the only athlete married to a beautiful woman I guess? The logic in here is just non-existant.
Exactly, it maight be worse if he had tony romo's taste in women.

Last edited:
I think Brady REALLY needs another Josh McDaniels - even of must know that playcalling he's having to work within is beyond poor and he just doesnt look energised by it because neither he nor his team can move the chains

IF the BB swallows his goddamn pride and the organisation goes out and gets a proper OC then I think Brady gets energised again

Ths doesnt just inlcude more innovatiove plays, it involves blocking schemes, a downhill running game, play action, tight ends etc

It looked to me like both he and Moss knew how poor the whole thing was and had almost given up on it

Team badly needs new co-ordinators - for Toms sake as much as anybodys

Is it possible that winning another Super Bowl is beneath him?

For many reasons, some mentioned above, he is a god among men, condemned to a prison of flesh.

He's smart enough to emulate what fans expect from a quarterback who wants to win, but perhaps lusting for a trinket like a Super Bowl is for mere mortals.

JMHO! YMMV! ;)

Ha ha. I have this problem too.

Well, it is a fact that athletes can't be successful on the field of play if they are distracted by beautiful women off it.

Right Tiger?

Well, it is a fact that athletes can't be successful on the field of play if they are distracted by beautiful women off it.

Right Tiger?
Tiger does put that theory to bed :p

There's more to caring than jumping up and down.

Brady rehabbed like crazy to get back from his injury and put together his 2nd best season of stats in his career.

He played yesterday with cracked ribs and a broken finger that clearly was impacting some of his throws.

The fact of the matter is that this team just was not good enough to make a SB run this year. To many new players, to many players with injuries and just not enough talent. No amount of TB jumping around was going to change any of that.

......pure nonsense!!!

There were 3 things that had a huge impact on Tom Brady this season
1) the psychology of getting over a devastating knee injury
Tom's lack of "feel" in the pocket is a by-product of this as was missing an entire year
2) injuries - a rib(s), a shoulder and a broken finger on the throwing hand all impact how you move and how you throw
3) the BIGGEST problem for Tom Brady was the lack of an offensive coordinator. The sideline coaching on this team, the lack of playcalling, the horrendous clock management (Pats had to burn timeouts coming OUT of TV timeouts in the Indy game, etc) was consistently bad all year long.

If Tom Brady lacked passion he would not have played in every game this year. The guy is a warrior. He'll be healthy, highly motivated and confident that left knee is healed and will hold up coming into next season. Get Tom Brady a "real" O-coordinator he can work with and watch out NFL.....

One guy makes a jackass thread and you're done with the board.

well see you later Adalius. :rolleyes:

It's not just the one guy who initiated the thread. It's the numerous fans who are supporting his point of view that TB is passionless now because he is no longer displaying his passion as he did as a younger and healthier player.
Pro athletes have bad days just as you all do. It is just that your bad days are not subject to the televised scrutiny of thousands of rabid senseless Patriot fans.
This is why I tell people I love my Pats. But I am NOT a FAN. "Fanatics" are not realists. As many of the comments here substantiate.

While at the game today, I could help but thinking this. They showed a clip of Brady before SB36; he was going nuts with Bledsoe before the game- bumping heads and jumping up and down like madmen. Now, sadly, you never see that out of him. I remember back in the day during warmups, Brady used to come out and once he reached the closed endzone, he would start pounding his helmet and throwing fists in the air trying to get the crowd pumped; now when he comes out, he merely meekly claps.

This year and today in particular, I have seen Brady throw some of the worst INTs of his career. Worst of all, it has nothing to do with mechanics but rather merely not thinking and throwing into double or triple coverage. His head simply is not in the game and, unfortunately, I think the Brady Era, in terms of winning at least, may be over.

I agree 100% that Brady has lost his passion and fire and it shows in his play. He has been flat all year and he made our offense the Wes Welker show by not mixing it up and using all his weapons.

Brady needs to recommit himself to this team in the off season. Maybe BB can actually hire a QB coach to help Brady relearn how to go to a third read.

Meanwhile BB needs to spend the off season getting us some play makers on defense either via the draft or trade or FA. We also need an identity on defense.

......pure nonsense!!!

There were 3 things that had a huge impact on Tom Brady this season
1) the psychology of getting over a devastating knee injury
Tom's lack of "feel" in the pocket is a by-product of this as was missing an entire year
2) injuries - a rib(s), a shoulder and a broken finger on the throwing hand all impact how you move and how you throw
3) the BIGGEST problem for Tom Brady was the lack of an offensive coordinator. The sideline coaching on this team, the lack of playcalling, the horrendous clock management (Pats had to burn timeouts coming OUT of TV timeouts in the Indy game, etc) was consistently bad all year long.

If Tom Brady lacked passion he would not have played in every game this year. The guy is a warrior. He'll be healthy, highly motivated and confident that left knee is healed and will hold up coming into next season. Get Tom Brady a "real" O-coordinator he can work with and watch out NFL.....

How about getting him an experienced QB coach that can explain to him the importance of spreading the ball around and using all your weapons.

I think the real problem is that Brady has lost.... that loving feeling. Yes, that loving feeling. And we have to accept it is gone, gone, gone. Woooooh.

Last edited:
100% agree
At his press conference today... I really had the feeling that he did not really give a crap
He seems perfectly happy to go home to Giselle.
He played one of his worst games EVER as a Patriot and he just did not seem to care

I said it before and I stand by it. From the day Giselle came on the scene, he's been a changed man. His football priorities now take a back seat. I said it during the game yesterday as I was watching these poor decisions and picks that we have a QB that has lost his focus of yester-year and his passion and fire for the game. Giselle has softened him up into a bowl of jello.

Last edited:
I guess the 2007 Tom Brady, you know, the 50+ TD passes, 4000+ yards, etc., 16-0 regular season were all due to the "passionate" Tom Brady . . . please.

Any good QB is supposed to aspire to cool and collected, not goofball passion. He had a very average year, let's face it. If anything, I was concerned with his decisions, not his passion.

Still, from 2001 to 2010, your New England Patriots have put up numbers that few teams in history have ever done. Brady will rebound.

I think Brady is as passionate about winning as he's ever been. There have been multiple instances of him (on and off field) rallying the troops. To think otherwise is being foolish.

That being said, his mental game is way off from his peak. Like others have commented about, he is not making those insanely quick decisions he's been famous for these days. I remember when he would just flick his eyes around the field, find the open guy, and get the ball there, all while avoiding a rusher coming in from his blind side. He's still good, but he's not playing at THAT level right now, and it's hard to say if he ever will be again.

He made no move to step up on that strip sack yesterday (Light had the guy pushed way outside, and the pocket in front of him was wide open). His first pick was thrown to an area where there was no Patriot for 10 yards in any direction. His later picks were both on tipped balls, but they were also thrown into double coverage. Yeah, Baltimore played a great game on D, but it just seemed that Brady was slow to react to some of the situations unfolding in front of him.

And yes, I've read that he was injured. I'm sure he IS injured, but that doesn't excuse those throws and lack of pocket awareness. Brady had a bad day at a bad time. As a fan, I'm hoping he's going to come back stronger for it next year.

Faulk was yelling at the offense, who knows where brady was at. Just embarrassing, he looked disinterested throughout. Clapped his hands after running out of the tunnel and that was it.

Actually, Brady was right there in that huddle yelling at the end of it too, if you notice the clip.

It Is What It Is Edelman: ‘Tom Brady told us not to quit’

Plus there's that.

But I guess people will believe what they want. Our fanbase is pretty pathetic.

Players having personal lives is forbidden around here - they should live only to please us. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back