13154 yfs, 46th
2618 attempts ranked 22nd
82 rushing TDs, 18th
89 total TDs, T39th
4.3 y/a, T86
74.9 ypg, 17th

1 Super Bowl Championship
4x Pro Bowl

surprisingly, no first/second team all pro nods... figured he'd have a couple... he was a punishing runner... 1,000 yards + in 7 out of his 10 seasons... five seasons with 1200 yards or more rushing... as the article says, he broke the single game rookie rushing record (Jim Brown) and later broke the then record single game rushing record (Sweetness)...

I think hes being lumped in with guys like Frank Gore, Fred Taylor, Steven Jackson etc in the category of very good... he was the heavy lifter during those Bengal years... they ran him into the ground... Honestly, I think if you put in Terrell Davis, Jerome Bettis, Edgerrin James, & Curtis Martin, Corey Dillon at the very least deserves more consideration than hes gotten...

saw this article today...

What say you? Dillon deserve the HoF?

11,241 yards, 20th all time
13154 yfs, 46th
2618 attempts ranked 22nd
82 rushing TDs, 18th
89 total TDs, T39th
4.3 y/a, T86
74.9 ypg, 17th

1 Super Bowl Championship
4x Pro Bowl

surprisingly, no first/second team all pro nods... figured he'd have a couple... he was a punishing runner... 1,000 yards + in 7 out of his 10 seasons... five seasons with 1200 yards or more rushing... as the article says, he broke the single game rookie rushing record (Jim Brown) and later broke the then record single game rushing record (Sweetness)...

I think hes being lumped in with guys like Frank Gore, Fred Taylor, Steven Jackson etc in the category of very good... he was the heavy lifter during those Bengal years... they ran him into the ground... Honestly, I think if you put in Terrell Davis, Jerome Bettis, Edgerrin James, & Curtis Martin, Corey Dillon at the very least deserves more consideration than hes gotten...
I think 2004 was his best season but it’s a crime he’s not at least in the Bengals HOF. He’s their all time rusher with 8061 yds.

absolutely he should be in that teams HoF / Ring of Honor

but that owner is a turd
Yeah and I don’t know if it was this article or a different one I read earlier today but the fans have a huge say on who goes in. Apparently they are disappointed he left and won a Super Bowl with another team. He’s also had many problems with the law…so I can understand that…but still.

The answer is no. He was a beast in 2004... helped that team become the best all time in franchise history. But he did not have a HOF career.

The answer is no. He was a beast in 2004... helped that team become the best all time in franchise history. But he did not have a HOF career.

YOU are a total scumbag POS troll.A goddamned idiot.

YOU are a total scumbag POS troll.A goddamned idiot.
LOL! You sir are not wrapped too tight.

RBs have become increasingly less relevant over time. Certainly nowadays if you can't also contribute to the passing game, then your value is really diminished. I like Corey Dillon, very good RB, at his peak he was a force, again he excelled in '04, but he was never a good receiving back, and he was never the best RB in the league for a single season. He's not a HOF player.

Dillon is one of those players who are on the margin. Generally, if they have played on a weak team, they don't make it. If Dillon had spent half of his career with the Patriots he'd be given serious consideration.

LOL! You sir are not wrapped too tight.

RBs have become increasingly less relevant over time. Certainly nowadays if you can't also contribute to the passing game, then your value is really diminished. I like Corey Dillon, very good RB, at his peak he was a force, again he excelled in '04, but he was never a good receiving back, and he was never the best RB in the league for a single season. He's not a HOF player.
we're NOT talking about "nowadays" you complete IMBECILE. Dillon rushed for over a 1000 yards a season and played at least 15 games a season on a team that ranked LAST for his stint as a Bengal. YOU are a complete POS troll scumbag that creates NOTHING but acrimony and division on this board. YOU are nothing but a snotty elitist little PUNK that spews stats that mean ZILCH to any REAL NFL fan.

I remember talking to fellow worker when he was signed. The guy was a lifetime Giants fan. He knew I was a Pats fan. He brought the signing up and said Pats would have a good chance of getting another ring with him. At the time I wasn't a big Dillon expert but looking back I can see how he deserves it. To get the yards he did with a **** team when every defense knew he was going to get the ball was amazing.

I think his body of work is borderline HoF ... Really needs a believer to argue his case... he's better than some recently enshrined...

Dillon is one of those players who are on the margin. Generally, if they have played on a weak team, they don't make it. If Dillon had spent half of his career with the Patriots he'd be given serious consideration.
unfortunately, i think you hit the nail on the head...

Dillon made some bad offensive lines look good in Cincinnati... sad thing is shades of Joe Mixon.

Over two decades later and Cincinnati still can't be bothered to build a capable offensive line.

we're NOT talking about "nowadays" you complete IMBECILE. Dillon rushed for over a 1000 yards a season and played at least 15 games a season on a team that ranked LAST for his stint as a Bengal. YOU are a complete POS troll scumbag that creates NOTHING but acrimony and division on this board. YOU are nothing but a snotty elitist little PUNK that spews stats that mean ZILCH to any REAL NFL fan.
Clown with no teeth, I'm talking about Corey Dillon. He was so "relevant" in Cincinnati that they never had a winning season with him there... not really a difference maker. He won a Super Bowl with a team that didn't need him to win. He played well for one season and he was very fortunate to have had the opportunity to play for that '04 team. He was half as productive over his final two seasons when he became less of a factor.

He's a 4x pro bowler and never an all pro. He never led the NFL in any major statistical category. For his career he finished 18th in rushing TDs, 20th in rushing yards, and 86th in yards per attempt.

From 1997 to 2006 Dillon had the 6th most all purpose yards for an RB. Faulk, Martin, and James are all ahead of him and in the HOF. Tiki Barber, who has the most all purpose yards during that timeframe, isn't in the HOF. Dunn is the other not in the HOF. I would put Dillon in ahead of Dunn but not Barbar. In reality I wouldn't put any of them in.

Yeah and I don’t know if it was this article or a different one I read earlier today but the fans have a huge say on who goes in. Apparently they are disappointed he left and won a Super Bowl with another team. He’s also had many problems with the law…so I can understand that…but still.
How he left, pretty much shooting, or pouting, his way out of town and he doesn't wax nostalgically about his time with the team.

But I always liked him, when he was there, because he was tough and determined, he had respect for the game, he laid it on the line when he played and he deeply wanted to win.

As with his friend Rodney Harrison, who advocated for him, I was thrilled Corey came to play for the Patriots. And he delivered. Should have got two more rings but the team didn't have that edge and focus in '05, collapsing to a mediocre Donkeys team, and '06 just came up short.

Is a hall of famer in my book. His Cinnci career should have been enough with his time with us being a cherry on top that locked it in. That 04 season and playoffs was some serious physical running and beautiful to watch. He wasn't just some stat guy he would stay in bounds just to run you over. But also not just physical he was a threat to go the distance too.

Early 2000s were my college years so a lot of Madden got played. I think because he was so vocal about his frustration in Cincy the Madden people made it easy to trade for him so I used him a ton on the Patriots prior to the trade which only fueled my excitement when we got him.

absolutely he should be in that teams HoF / Ring of Honor

but that owner is a turd
Season ticket holders vote for their ring of honor. He had an ugly exit from Cincinnati, so…

I cannot pretend to know what local media is saying, but this writer does not want him inducted:

Last edited:
Good player, a couple of dominant seasons, but absolutely not an NFL Hall of Famer....and who gives a schitt about the Cincinnati HOF?

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back