Welcome to PatsFans.com

Patriots tie/break/set more Records

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by DefenseRules, Dec 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DefenseRules

DefenseRules Rookie

Ratings:
    +106 / 2 / -1

#12 Jersey

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/reiss_pieces/
    After reading this I felt like a complete moron for whining about the second half of that game. Please accept my appologies. :(
    I don't think that I realized just how special this football team is. Yes it would be nice to see Brady break Manning's record, and Moss break Rice's record. But if they don't, so be it. I'll take 16 and 0 to go with another Super Bowl title any day of the week.
    By the way, Troy tied a record of his own by playing in his 192nd game today.
  2. A.C Vegas

A.C Vegas Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

#11 Jersey

accually he passed someone for 4th all patroits time
  3. VJCPatriot

VJCPatriot Rookie

Ratings:
    +52 / 1 / -4

Has Troy scored a TD yet this year? If not it would be nice to get him one against the Giants to set the records for most different players to score at least a TD on one team. Well that can come after Brady and Moss get their records of course. :)
  4. DefenseRules

DefenseRules Rookie

Ratings:
    +106 / 2 / -1

#12 Jersey

I was thinking the same thing. It would be nice to get Troy a TD.
    I was hoping to see that today.
  5. sieglo

sieglo Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

I love this team.
  6. Fencer

Fencer Rookie

Ratings:
    +73 / 0 / -13

#12 Jersey

I guess it's OK to talk about the win streak now, since doing so no longer involves looking past next Sunday's game. :)

If Brady or BB were totally honest, I think each would say:

1. 16-0 means nothing without 19-0.
    2. 19-0 is probably at least a little bit better than just another Super Bowl win.
    3. He doesn't know how much better, and indeed hasn't thought about it much.
  7. JoeSixPat

JoeSixPat Rookie

Ratings:
    +59 / 2 / -0

Let's be clear - if this team CAN go 19-0 - we're WAY beyond Mercury Morris's neighborhood. We're looking at him in the rear-view mirror, and he knows it.

That's what all his posturing is right now - he's just desparately trying to get it ingrained that the Pats would merely be joining the company of the Dolphins... he doth protest too much making clear that he knows 19-0 especially in this age of the NFL, exponentially surpasses what his Dolphins team accomplished by going 17-0.

(He comically claims that the two feats are equal because the Dolphins played more pre-season games back then... but he's not joking... he actually expects people to believe it).
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.