Week 7 Other Games

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatsFans.com Article

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
Week 7 NFL Previews, Predictions and Picks Against the Spread

John Morgan

Week 7 brings NFL fans one great game - the Jets at Patriots pits the league's best defense versus the NFL's best offense - and besides that a whole lot of mediocrity. Unfortunately for football fans this early game is the one and only matchup between two teams with winning records. Some of that can be attributed to three unbeaten teams – Cincinnati, Denver and Green Bay – all having a bye this week. Beyond that though, the NFL’s never-ending quest for parity has exposed an ugly under belly as a side effect. Only nine of the 32 NFL teams have winning records and two entire divisions do not have a single winning team.

Five teams: the Patriots, Packers, Bengals, Broncos and Panthers – account for a whopping 31% of all of the NFL’s victories thus far, and zero percent of the losses. Add in 5-1 Atlanta to that group, and now you have six clubs responsible for 37% of all NFL wins. Right now there is just too much mediocre to just plain bad football being played, as witnessed by the last two NFL prime time games: San Francisco’s awful performance at home in the 20-3 loss to Seattle on Thursday, and last Monday’s unwatchable wreck between the Giants and Eagles. Unfortunately I have zero faith in those in charge at 345 Park Avenue to even recognize this situation, much less do something to improve the product for our consumption.

The Patriots-Jets game will receive extensive television distribution on Sunday. Besides being broadcast in New England and New York, the game will also air throughout the southeast (except in Florida, Atlanta, Nashville and New Orleans) as well as in Chicago, Wisconsin and Oklahoma; the game will also be available most everywhere west of Texas with the exception of California, southern Oregon, Utah and Reno. To see a view of what games will be broadcast in your area please check out this week’s NFL maps at 506 Sports.

On a side note, happy 41st birthday to Corey Dillon. Fifteen years ago almost to the day Dillon broke Walter Payton‘s single-game NFL rushing when he ran for 278 yards against Denver. In his first season with the Patriots Dillon rushed for a franchise record 1,635 yards and averaged 4.7 yards per carry, helping the Pats win their third Super Bowl. Dillon was a big upgrade over Antowain Smith, and at the age of 30 he earned his fourth Pro Bowl honor – and his first and only championship ring. Though he was with the Patriots for only three seasons, Dillon ranks 8th all-time in team history with 3,180 rushing yards; he is 19th in the NFL all-time with 11,241 yards. At the time some questioned the wisdom of giving up a second-round pick for Dillon, but it turned out to be yet another great decision by Bill Belichick.

Continue reading...

Week 7 Other Games

I can't believe my sony tv actually has a yahoo app to watch the Bills/jags game live on TV. It's not exactly the best tv for smart features.

Quality is good.

Who's got the game? Can't seem to find it....

I am not watching the game, but the Yahoo app sucks. Has a lot of streaming issues. When watching Community episodes earlier this year, it frequently crashed.

BTW, another week of crap games. The NFL really sucks this year. The Pats/Jets game is the only game with two teams with winning records the entire week. Three games have teams with winning records taking on one win teams.

BTW, another week of crap games. The NFL really sucks this year. The Pats/Jets game is the only game with two teams with winning records the entire week. Three games have teams with winning records taking on one win teams.

Yeah, think that's just a byproduct of the NFL just being really awful this year so far. So much for Roger's precious parity!

Manual is horrible. Had a guy wide open in endzone. Late throw out of bounds.

I am not watching the game, but the Yahoo app sucks. Has a lot of streaming issues. When watching Community episodes earlier this year, it frequently crashed.

Interesting. My sony tv has zero problems with the yahoo app.(uses opera tv software)

I don't really use smart tv features on the Sony tv since it's not that good so I was surprised they had an app for yahoo.

EDIT: I spoke too soon. the stream froze on me. You were right lol

Last edited:
I'm kind of blown away by how clear this Yahoo stream is. Impressive.

Quality is just not there all the time .... commercials quality is great .... of course it would be.
My computer is quad core i7 with a GTX 970 video card so I know it's not my rig.

Robinson is impressive.

Using roku yahoo app. Working good so far.

That should not have been a juggling catch in the first place but good catch none the less.

Quality is just not there all the time .... commercials quality is great .... of course it would be.
My computer is quad core i7 with a GTX 970 video card so I know it's not my rig.
same...blurry then perfect

This game probably going to amass 20 flags.

Robinson with acrobatic catch, but the drive stall by penalties.

I missed it restarting the yahoo app. What did he do?
I feel like this will be said by millions of football fans today. Thanks Commish!

Game keeps on buffering on both my phone and tablet ..

Its not a dumb idea, but I don't think we are ready to stream games.

I pay good money for sunday ticket. WTF am I paying the same price if i'm missing a game?

NFL's CHEATING me!

It's the Jags and the JAGS (Bills). You should be thanking the NFL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes