PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Hypocrite Dungy Slams the Patriots

Status
Not open for further replies.
He is truly an arshole and hypocrite because the best NFL 'signal' stealer has been working for him for years. Let me tell you something 'unique' about Dungy.

When he 'felt' that his job was on the line because of his underachievement, the only thing he did was to say ' i wanted to retire'. He said it 3 times already in 3 different seasons. Of course, he magically changed his mind after the owner 'asked' him to stay.

It tells you something about him, doesn't it.?

It makes a lot of 'coaches' feel better about themselve because they haven't been caught while BB was 'caught', does it.?

Last edited:
Originally Posted by PonyExpress
Say what you will about Dungy's coaching abilities, he's one hell of a dad. And that's what really counts.

if his son and his family are important to him, why did he suddently change his mind after letting everybody know that he moved to Florida to be with them.?

He has a FREE private jet and his love for his family starts when he is above 50000 feet and 999999999999 miles away from home. It speaks a lot about his 'character'.

Pats fans should step back a bit and reflect on their behavior here. Sure Tony D is a sanctimonious dweeb who thrives on positive limelight from the media. But that's where it should end. Irrational hatred of Tony D and delving into family matters by Pats fans is just like other teams' fans irrational hatred of BB, implying all kinds of negatives to him that aren't really so.

Let's just sit and give thanks that our HC has won 3 SBs in recent memory and does not require adulation by mediots to fuel his self-esteem. HE doesn't care what the media editorializes about him vs Tony D. Why should fans here get their big girl panties all in a twist? Just take the satisfaction knowing that your team and HC has come out on top far more often and may well do so again in 2008.

Last edited:
Try to grasp a simple concept here. I have been defending the Patriots about Spygate from the beginning. I have been saying that they didn't cheat. I have been saying that they should have gotten only very minor punishment. I have been saying that Goodell has been an incompetent and should not be the Commissioner.

However, the facts are clear. The Patriots were found guilty of wrongdoing by the only person who has the power to make such a determination in the NFL. People are wondering if what the Patriots did taints their Super Bowl victories. A senator of the United States is looking into the situation.

The notion that it should be acceptable to defend Belichick by making moronic personal attacks upon Dungy because his child had problems and eventually took his own life is an embarrassment, and the people who make such attacks are scumbags.

Let me start by saying that I hope you are not implying that I am one of the people making comments about his sons suicide. I have never done that. But if others want to do it to prove that he hasn't had his priorities straight in the past, then thats their perogative.

I was not making moronic personal attacks on Dungy. I was pointed out certain facts about Dungys own coaching staff, front office and whoever is in charge of the Audio/Video ,that have come to light, but never had the intense spotlight shown on them that our act has.

This response by you makes alot more sense, but if you take a step back and read your past posts, you will see how you're comments are coming across.

And as for you pointing out that it was serious enough for a senator to be looking into.... come ooonnnnnnnnn, are you serious? Did you even read that or think about it before yout typed it. It is NOT serious enough for a senator to be looking into. This guy has been criticized by Pats fans and Pats haters alike, for getting involved in something he has no business in. Unless you consider that a few of his business constituants ARE involved in it (i.e comcast, etc.) as well as his favorite team being one of the teams we beat in the superbowl. If its not about his special interests, then why is he not going after the Panthers for having a bunch of their players turn up dirty on steroids, when they beat the eagles in the NFCCG? How would it look if a Massachusetts senator stepped up and wanted punishment against the Yankees for them using steroids while beating the Red Sox? He, and by extension the whole state, would look foolish. And, before you start an argument over who does and does not use steroids in baseball... I don't care. I was just using that as an example.

Lets also not dismiss the am ount of facetime this guy is getting in all mediums while he attacks the Pats. He is selling a book remember? If he didn't go after the Pats publicly, the who the hell would know who this guy is? Nontheless buy his book? This guy needed to be recognizable to the rest of america, and what better way to do that than to attack the evil football empire known as the New England Patriots? I bet half the people in his own state had no idea who he was.... forget about nationally.

You started off making sense, but when you make that Spectre comment, you look like an idiot. :bricks:

Last edited:
No, there was no proof. Deal with it and move on.

So....?

There WAS PROOF!

If you don't count the television playback recordings, witnesses in the stadium and testimonies of several NFL coaches proof... then what do you consider proof?
So you have recordings, eye witness accounts, and several NFL insiders stating that this was a known practice of the Colts. Isn't that exactly what PROOF they have on the Patriots?
Are you saying that the commissioner deciding an act is punishable, is the mark of proof?

You are a friggin moron aren't you?

Pats fans should step back a bit and reflect on their behavior here. Sure Tony D is a sanctimonious dweeb who thrives on positive limelight from the media. But that's where it should end. Irrational hatred of Tony D and delving into family matters by Pats fans is just like other teams' fans irrational hatred of BB, implying all kinds of negatives to him that aren't really so.

Let's just sit and give thanks that our HC has won 3 SBs in recent memory and does not require adulation by mediots to fuel his self-esteem. HE doesn't care what the media editorializes about him vs Tony D. Why should fans here get their big girl panties all in a twist? Just take the satisfaction knowing that your team and HC has come out on top far more often and may well do so again in 2008.

Very good point.

I'm not one who says that people shouldn't judge, so the 'hypocrite' label doesn't apply. The way I used 'judge' in my earlier post was to point out the absurdity of the poster attacking Dungy for judging while doing just that himself. Also, Dungy being high and mighty is not an excuse to attack him about his son. What happened with Dungy and his son has nothing to do with spygate or his 'fitness' to talk about it.

Always thought you were a Patriot fan ... now I'm thinking you're a Colt fan who lives in the Indy area who also happens to like the Patriots when it suits your needs.

There WAS PROOF!

If you don't count the television playback recordings, witnesses in the stadium and testimonies of several NFL coaches proof... then what do you consider proof?
So you have recordings, eye witness accounts, and several NFL insiders stating that this was a known practice of the Colts. Isn't that exactly what PROOF they have on the Patriots?
Are you saying that the commissioner deciding an act is punishable, is the mark of proof?

You are a friggin moron aren't you?

From the NFL:

"CBS has informed us that the unusual audio moment heard by fans during the Patriots-Colts telecast was the result of tape feedback in the CBS production truck and was isolated to the CBS broadcast," NFL spokesman Greg Aiello said Monday. "It was in no way related to any sound within the stadium and could not be heard in the stadium."

Will your next argument be that the NFL, CBS and 30 NFL teams are all in cahoots to see that the Colts are protected? Like it or not, the Colts have not been found to have violated the rules, while the Patriots have.

Always thought you were a Patriot fan ... now I'm thinking you're a Colt fan who lives in the Indy area who also happens to like the Patriots when it suits your needs.

Yes, my belief that it's classless of people to attack Dungy via his dead child over an issue that has nothing to do with that child or Dungy's parenting is absolute proof that I'm secretly a Colts fan.:rolleyes:

Does Belichick's getting a divorce and alleged affair with a married woman somehow mean that he shouldn't comment on San Francisco's tampering with Lance Briggs?

Seriously, did you even stop for a moment to think about what you were posting?

From the NFL:

Will your next argument be that the NFL, CBS and 30 NFL teams are all in cahoots to see that the Colts are protected? Like it or not, the Colts have not been found to have violated the rules, while the Patriots have.

Forgetting the fact that several other coaces have complained about it, there is one huge hole in that argument........
PEOPLE IN THE STADIUM HEARD IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Of course I wouldn't say that 30 other NFL teams want the Colts protected. What from my argument indicates that?
Seeing as some of those other teams complained about the same thing. Are you still missing that fact?
As for NFL and CBS, I wouldn't say they are FOR the Colts, but its not a stretch to say that the NFL doesn't want any more cheating scandals to break with any team. The first one blew up in their faces, this would rock the league, and cause severe financial distress to the league. As for CBS, why would they not just go along with what the NFL asks them? They are business associates after all. Do you think that CBS wants the highly profitable NFL on their bad side?

Of course you will just say this is all conspiracy theory. I am not saying its a conspiracy...... just smart business decisions on the NFL's part. Something they failed to do when this first broke.

But, you may be one of those poeple who believes in the Easter Bunny and such, and think that no back room deals are ever made, by anyone :D

As a coach, Dungy is perhaps the most over rated coach in all sports history. He entered a "perfect storm" in Tampa: a change of ownership (from frugal, focused on profits - Culverhouse) to one that was trying to prove to the area that they were winners (focused on a tax payer supported stadium deal with public support - i.e., win today.) Combine that with a decent FO and high draft picks as well as a team that nearly made the playoffs with Sam Wyche, and Dungy was in a no lose position.

Reality is that Dungy's conservative style crashed a Bucs team that was talented enough to go to multiple super bowls. As far as being a defensive guru, that title remains with his DC Monte Kiffin. Dungy backers talk about those under him that have gone on to other jobs, but Lovie Smith and Herm Edwards each served five years under Kiffin; Rod Marinelli spent ten years under Kiffin; and Mike Tomlin had 5 years under Kiffin. Maybe it should be Kiffin's coaching tree, and not Dungy's? Dungy could not get it done even with Warren Sapp, Derrick Brooks, John Lynch and Ronde Barber all in their prime.

And for all those Dungy lovers that say it was his team that won that super bowl five years ago, here is my question - if Gruden (as opposed to Dungy) had nothing to do with it, then why did Gruden win in that one year, but Dungy couldn't get it done year after year after year after year after year?

hate on Dungy all you want but you sound like an ignorant ass as far as how good of a coach he is. Overrated?

The guy has one of the best winning percentages all time. He's won a Super Bowl. Tampa won one with his team. And the team he inherited in TB was absolute crap and wasn't about to make the playoffs. Wyche was something like 20-40 there.

TB had one of, if not the worst, win percentages in ALL of pro sports before Dungy. That's a fact. Gruden hasn't done anything since Dungy's team is gone in TB has he?

Dungy points out your team cheated, which they did. The truth hurts.

I agree just because a technical glitch caused a noise surge over the the network doesn't mean noise wasn't pumped in the stadium. Of course neither the commissioner nor the competition committe was willing to investigate and it was swept under the rug. Just protecting the integrity of the League LOL

Last edited:
Pot, meet kettle :D

Yeah, because I go around saying BB isn't a great coach. He's a cheating coach, but he is also a very good coach who should have stopped CHEATING when the league sent out the memo. But being BB, he went ahead and kept on doing it. It cost them.

You don't know me, and I've never said BB wasn't a great coach, he is, so is Tony Dungy. I respect the Pats, they have some great players and coaches and it's a damn shame BB did what he did. But Dungy's record speaks for itself as far as how good of a coach he is. You can dislike him personally, and hate what he says, but you sound like an ignorant ass if you say he's not a great coach.

I agree just because a technical glitch caused a noise surge over the the network doesn't mean noise wasn't pumped in the stadium. Of course neither the commissioner nor the competition committe was willing to investigate and it was swept under the rug. Just protecting the integrity of the League LOL

Of course, it was just swept under the rug. That's a pretty nifty excuse when you don't actually have any PROOF.

Forgetting the fact that several other coaces have complained about it, there is one huge hole in that argument........
PEOPLE IN THE STADIUM HEARD IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Of course I wouldn't say that 30 other NFL teams want the Colts protected. What from my argument indicates that?
Seeing as some of those other teams complained about the same thing. Are you still missing that fact?
As for NFL and CBS, I wouldn't say they are FOR the Colts, but its not a stretch to say that the NFL doesn't want any more cheating scandals to break with any team. The first one blew up in their faces, this would rock the league, and cause severe financial distress to the league. As for CBS, why would they not just go along with what the NFL asks them? They are business associates after all. Do you think that CBS wants the highly profitable NFL on their bad side?

Of course you will just say this is all conspiracy theory. I am not saying its a conspiracy...... just smart business decisions on the NFL's part. Something they failed to do when this first broke.

But, you may be one of those poeple who believes in the Easter Bunny and such, and think that no back room deals are ever made, by anyone :D

No, I just don't buy into conspiracies without real evidence. Then again, I try to use logic and reason in my life. Those seem to be foreign concepts to you. The NFL, CBS and 30 team would all have to be complicit in order to pass off the "Colts didn't cheat" argument if the Colts had been the source of the problem that game.

Dungy points out your team cheated, which they did. The truth hurts.

Cheated? No. Penalized for violating a league rule governing placement of video cameras? Yes. Get your facts right, troll. No one, including yourself, can specify how the Patriots "cheated." And if you're calling the analysis of other teams' defensive signals "cheating," you'll have to blame every other NFL team including the Colts. (Just ask Coach Mudd.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft