PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Hypocrite Dungy Slams the Patriots

Status
Not open for further replies.
What a hipocrite. Someone in his own coaching staff was doing it according to Jimmy johnson.

I guess he doesn't know that piping in artificial crowd noise is cheating :rolleyes:

Plus it always helps when the rulemakers (polian) and the rule enforcers (officials) are on your side :rolleyes:

the words that he says will eventually come back to bite him in the ass...

Roscoe
I guess if you are a colts fan, then you are used to have noise piped so it wouldn't sound any different for you. It might not be the same for a person that's not a Colt fan but we will never know will we thatnks to the non investigation

Last edited:
Exactly. Unfortunately the world of the NFL is infested with millions of them.

And it is media driven because you can rarely find a newspaper or a tv station that when talking about it does not use the word "cheating or cheaters" in their story.

Goodell could have squashed that perception right in the very beginning with a simple statement and he did not. And he did not, IMO, is because he is relishing every moment that he can make Bill Belichick squirm.
you guys got fined and had a draft pick stripped, aka you cheated

you just can't accept it

you're all living in denial, just accept it and move on

We can accept the fact that we violated the rules and were punished for it. What we won't accept the fact that the incompetent commissioner can't close the case and move on.
We also don't need trolls to remind us of what we should do.

I think Tom Brady said it well when he talked about Mary Schottenheimer.

He should talk about his own team and not the Pats.

Last edited:
We can accept the fact that we violated the rules and were punished for it. What we won't accept the fact that the incompetent commissioner can't close the case and move on.
We also don't need trolls to remind us of what we should do.
i'm certainly not a troll, i'll shoot straight with ya

i'll be the first to say it seems like marvin harrison has been guilty of some douchbaggery in his life that's been covered up till now and not handled by the media

i'll be the first to say stephen cooper is a jackass for getting busted for something a chargers LB just got busted for in 06.

i had a great deal of respect for the pats and how they'd just plug and play new players into their machine and keep on rolling, but there's been some taint on that dynasty, it's a damn shame, they were a great story to me, even being a rival fan. you can look up my posts for proof of that on here and on the chargers board.

the whole rodney harrison hgh thing, spygate, it's just hurt the franchise's image. it's a shame to see, i liked what the pats had accomplished, they were a feel good story , i never had a reason to doubt that they were genuine.

i had always contended brady was way better than peyton, peyton was a playoff choker for so long and people just dismissed all those chokejobs, brady never got proper credit

and he was starting to, and now all this is just going to hurt that debate, and always cast a shadow

it's a shame.

i would have had brady as #2 all time, i probably still will, i ****** hate peyton

marty is such a cursed piece of **** lol

I agree just because a technical glitch caused a noise surge over the the network doesn't mean noise wasn't pumped in the stadium. Of course neither the commissioner nor the competition committe was willing to investigate and it was swept under the rug. Just protecting the integrity of the League LOL

Lest we forget, who is in charge of the Competition Commitee after all ;)

next time one of his kids wants to kill someone, they should start with tony

most teams do it, but only the patriots are the cheaters. sheesh don't you guys know anything, other teams do not have to play by the rules, only the patriots

No, I just don't buy into conspiracies without real evidence. Then again, I try to use logic and reason in my life. Those seem to be foreign concepts to you. The NFL, CBS and 30 team would all have to be complicit in order to pass off the "Colts didn't cheat" argument if the Colts had been the source of the problem that game.

And how do you account for the people in attendance hearing it?

"Then again, I try to use logic and reason in my life"

Wait a minute, are you Dustin Diamond? (people who watch VH1 will get that reference :D)

Logic and reason tell me that if you have the same exact types of proof as they have against the Pats (audio/video, witnesses, and testimony/multiple complaints from other coaches) then it has to be at least as valid as the evidence against the Pats. How do you explain that stuff? I've asked you a dozen times to respond to this proof and you ignore it.

It occurs to me that you don't comment on anything that doesn't suit your side of the argument :rolleyes:

"The NFL, CBS and 30 team would all have to be complicit "

Once again, How do 30 other teams have to be in on it? What the hell do the Araizona Cardinals (for example) have to say or do to make Goodell sweep it under the rug? The FACT is that 30 other teams didn't ignore it. there were several other teams who made the same complaint to the league office.

I find it hilarious that you call a poster with 3,500 posts, to your 87, a troll! LOL. And one that has been anti-commisioner "Clouseau" for many of those posts. You are as clueless as your post demonstrates.

sdfan

That carries a ton of weight coming from an actual troll.

I might have been a little quick to call the guy a troll. I have not been here long enough to have had alot of first hand knowledge of him. But, it was because he has been unwaivering in his defense of the Colts that made me think that. He may be a Patriots fan, but he's rubbing everybody the wrong way by ignoring anything that any other team has done because it doesn't have espn's stamp of approval on it. A huge number of posts doesn't prove to me that a person is not a troll. One day you will have alot of posts (because its obvious you care more about our team than your own) but will that make you a Patriots fan?

But you are right, he wins the "post-whipping" contest. that proves what about his opinions exactly? Just that he has alot of them. Thats cool, but it doesn't prove him right on this one.

Last edited:
Oh, ok. Just take it on faith from a Patriot fan, eh? Right.

sdfan

No, it was reported in many media outlets, but it went away in a few days after "inspector Goodell" made the ruling that he didn't think there was enough proof. Something that has left alot of people scratching their heads.

If you ever get time please come over to the Chargers' board and spend some time. I would appreciate your insight on some of our topics (you may get flamed a bit but I think you can handle it).

http://forums.chargers.com/

sdfan

Oh look Deus... you have a friend :p
He likes what you have to say about the Pats so much, that he wants you to join a Chargers forum.

Point proven :p

Come to think of it... Didn't Jimmy Johnson "out" old Schotzy as well?

Seems to me that he told everybody that old Marty was a big time signal taper.
So, Pao, since you think what we did was so wrong, maybe you will be so gracious as to lobby on the Chargers forum, for the Commish to take away a first rounder from when Schotzy was in charge? Of course you won't.

Before you can say "theres no proof against us" I will respectfully agree. But thats what we have been preaching,,, there is no further proof of additional wrongdoing, but the media and NFL fans want more punishment without proof. Its called double jeopardy and THATS illegal... and I mean really illegal as in against the LAW, not some NFL rule with a ton of gray area.

Besides.. when has the public needed a little thing called proof before passing judgement.

I have accepted that we received our punishment, and moved on. I am not however accepting the continued brand of "cheaters" and the sentiment of "lets hang em up high and punish them further".

Everyone does it (or worse) and we were severely punished to make an example. that should be the end of it. But it just wont die. this thing is like the Hydra. You cut off one head and two more grow in its place.

Due to the illegal taping by the New England Patriots of one half of New York Jets defensive coaching signals in 2008, the National Football League has revised, and has issued to all 32 teams newer and more detailed rules regarding the alleged interception of opposing teams defensive or offensive signals.

The new rules will be in effect with the beginning of the 2008 season.

Any, and all, violations of the new rules will be met with very harsh penalties according to league spokesman Bill Polian. Polian added that 31 of the teams will receive very harsh slaps on the wrist for the first offense but the New England Patriots, particularly Bill Belichick, will be shot at sunrise on opening day inside the Colts new Stadium.

The following rules will be strictly enforced.

Rule 36D: Mini Video cameras will not be allowed to be strapped to the inside of the left thigh of home team cheerleaders who will be on the visiting team sidelines. Each cheerleader will have her thighs checked before the start of the first quarter and will be randomly inspected during the game, perhaps more than once. Actually, now that we at NFL headquarters have thought about it, they will be thoroughly inspected on many occasions, during the game, including overtime.

The only exception to this rule would be that mini bra cameras will be permitted but they must adhere to the conforms of the cheerleaders breasts. No inspection of bra cameras will be held. Each cheerleader will have to pass through a full body electronic screening machine before being permitted onto the field.

Rule John 3:14 Ministers, Rabbis, Nuns or priests, seated on the sidelines directly behind the players bench will be allowed to bring in one video camera for the sole purpose of video taping religious experiences even if those experiences might be taking place on the opposite side of the field directly behind the offensive and defensive coordinators.

Should an offensive or defensive signal inadvertently find it’s way onto the tape, the tape must be turned over to the clergyman in charge of the home team for interpretation. If the signal does not violate the possibility of a major religious experience from occurring, the taping will be permitted to continue.

Rule 80 proof Venders of alcoholic beverages will be permitted to video tape opposing teams water boys to ensure that they are not slipping alcoholic beverages into the Gatorade. It has been reported that members of the perennial sucka s s teams that several of the players have been playing in an inebriated condition. This will no longer be tolerated by the NFL who said that steroids and other body enhancing drugs are OK, but the booze has to go. This rule does not allow peanut or hot dog venders to video tape in any capacity.

A hot dog vender caught video taping will have his wiener removed. Peanut vendors will have their nuts removed.

According to the NFL, more rules will be coming down later in the day.

:rofl: :eat3:

Like I said, I was at the Dome, there was no noise surge.

Just because you failed to catch it, doesn't mean others didn't.

I would definately have a hard time catching that at a Patriots game, while I am watching an exciting game.

Are you really that dumb or do you just sound like it?

The Patriots got caught violating a memo that was issued that allegedly strengthened a bylaw, not a hardfast rule, of the NFL that prohibited video taping from the field. Nothing more, nothing less.

No where in the official text of the commissioner's comments that announced the fine against Bill Belichick and the Patriots were the words "cheating" or "cheaters" used.

Those words were the figment of the imaginations of many members of the press that needed a "shock" story. And ignorant fans like you bought into it because of your jealousy of a champion calibre team.

Would it have bothered you, and all the others, if it had been the woe be gone Arizona Cardinals that had been doing it. In fact, they have never said that the didn't. They just didn't know what the hell to do with it once they had it. :D

What the Patriots were doing on that fateful day in September was doing what they and most other team in the NFL had done for many, many years, try to get a heads up on what the other team on the field was doing, signal wise. Many former NFL coaches and players, and even several of the NFL talking heads on the TV have alluded to the fact that it was commonly done in one way or another by most every team in the NFL.

No more or less than what teams in all other sports do, particularly baseball, try to steal the signals of a base coach a catcher or even a baserunner.

It is a common part of most sports, even down to the youth level.

So,. rather than Pats fans getting over it, might I suggest that you try to get your petty jealousy out of your head and move on.

You will sleep much better.
of course it wouldn't have been this big had it been the cards

people would have laughed and said wow they cheated and still sucked...pathetic

it's only big when a guy like ben johnson breaks a record and you find out he did it tainted

i was jealous of the pats and envious when i thought it was all done legit, now i'm jealous that my team got popped cheating and doesn't have anything to show for it lol

at least you guys have something , even if it's ill gotten

most teams do it, but only the patriots are the cheaters. sheesh don't you guys know anything, other teams do not have to play by the rules, only the patriots
unlike other fans, if my team gets popped for it tomorrow i'll be calling them down for it as well

unbiased :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand