PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Hypocrite Dungy Slams the Patriots

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey chief, when someone bolds something in a quote, it's because they are drawing attention to it. When you say someone is an ignorant ass and then use the phrase "good of a coach", I have no choice but to point out the fact that you aren't above being called ignorant and thus, a hypocrite. When you use the phrase again in the next post where you overlook your own mistake, well then it just becomes hilarious. Next time I promise I'll figure out how to put a bouncy red ball over the words to make it easier to follow along.
Yeah, because I go around saying BB isn't a great coach. He's a cheating coach, but he is also a very good coach who should have stopped CHEATING when the league sent out the memo. But being BB, he went ahead and kept on doing it. It cost them.

You don't know me, and I've never said BB wasn't a great coach, he is, so is Tony Dungy. I respect the Pats, they have some great players and coaches and it's a damn shame BB did what he did. But Dungy's record speaks for itself as far as how good of a coach he is. You can dislike him personally, and hate what he says, but you sound like an ignorant ass if you say he's not a great coach.

Hey chief, when someone bolds something in a quote, it's because they are drawing attention to it. When you say someone is an ignorant ass and then use the phrase "good of a coach", I have no choice but to point out the fact that you aren't above being called ignorant and thus, a hypocrite. When you use the phrase again in the next post where you overlook your own mistake, well then it just becomes hilarious. Next time I promise I'll figure out how to put a bouncy red ball over the words to make it easier to follow along.

Zeke, I have to admit I have no idea what you're talking about. But good luck with it.

Zeke, I have to admit I have no idea what you're talking about. But good luck with it.

Dear lord. It's horrible grammar - you call someone an ignorant ass then in the same sentence make a third grade grammar mistake. The "OF" in "good OF a coach" is wrong. Thus, calling someone ignorant and making an ignorant mistake in the same sentence is a pot calling a kettle black. Get it now?

Roscoe
Of course if you never interview anybody in the stadium that witnessed the noise surge or the stadium worker that said the noise was piped in, you are never going to have any proof are you. It is a funny thing that if you are not looking for something, you don't usually find it.
I guess you are also one of those people that thinks a full investigation was done on who leaked the Pats tape to Fox TV. I think it was magic elves that did the leaking.

One thing you can say about Goodell is that he sure knows how to conduct a non investigation when he wants to.

this is why i root against the colts every week. it is not manning or the players as much is it is dungy and polian. they always have to talk **** about the patriots, or cry to the nfl about how they play. pats did not cheat when beating indy in 2007, and wont cheat when they beat them again in 2008. Also, what is the deal with indy and the other teams headsets not working? Why did the pats and the chargers have to deal with faulty equipment last year? Hmmmmm

Dear lord. It's horrible grammar - you call someone an ignorant ass then in the same sentence make a third grade grammar mistake. The "OF" in "good OF a coach" is wrong. Thus, calling someone ignorant and making an ignorant mistake in the same sentence is a pot calling a kettle black. Get it now?

Grammer, lol? Sorry sir.

Lord. That's all you got? I used "of" incorrectly? Kind of reaching aren't you?

Roscoe
Of course if you never interview anybody in the stadium that witnessed the noise surge or the stadium worker that said the noise was piped in, you are never going to have any proof are you. It is a funny thing that if you are not looking for something, you don't usually find it.
I guess you are also one of those people that thinks a full investigation was done on who leaked the Pats tape to Fox TV. I think it was magic elves that did the leaking.

One thing you can say about Goodell is that he sure knows how to conduct a non investigation when he wants to.

Are you talking about the game last season? I was there, at the game.

There was no noise surge, I was there and never heard a thing. CBS said it was on their end. The Pats had the exact same thing happen to them later on in the season.

Listen buddy, I get it. You are a troll. thats fine. But please don't try to pretend that you're a Pats fan to try to validate your claims of "cheating".
Just take away that picture of Belichick and put a picture of your teams logo or something.
Besides, if he is the cheater you say he is, then why idolize him in your signature?
I find it hilarious that you call a poster with 3,500 posts, to your 87, a troll! LOL. And one that has been anti-commisioner "Clouseau" for many of those posts. You are as clueless as your post demonstrates.

sdfan

Sadly, you're probably right. but even sadder is the fact that the only reason this is true is that Goodell has allowed the media and fans to believe what the Patriots did wasn't common-place. He allowed the Patriots to be scapegoats and that is a deep wrong Patriot fans will have to live with.
Stealing signals...commonplace. Stealing signals by taping them from the sidelines...not commonplace.

He could & should have stated from the start, "I am punishing the Patriots for their defiance of the memo we sent out and NOT for stealing signals. This kind of NFL espionage has been a part of the NFL culture for decades and it needs to stop. This should send a clear message it will not be tolerated."
EXCELLENT point! This thing would be OVER now if he had done that AND no other team would dare try to get around league edicts again.

sdfan

Last edited:
Re: Hard to take when Mudd is the high priest of signal stealers

Dungy, whom I've respected more and more over the years for his class, faith, and quiet dignity, has let loose with unseemly vindictiveness. I feel that he knows his club's best days are behind him and that the Patriots will again be contesting for the Super Bowl. Perhaps his frustration is bleeding out. Last year his defense really stepped up.

Signal stealing has been on in the league since before Frank Gifford was knocked unconscious by Bruno Nogerski.

And the Colts in recent years have been employing the best in the business, the consiglieri of signal stealers, Howard Mudd:

http://sports.aol.com/fanhouse/2007...rd-mudd-was-the-best-in-the-entire-league-at/
I agree there is nothing wrong with stealing signals, just not in a way that goes against league rules.

sdfan

That's a really mean request when the water down there is filled with Mexico's untreated sewage. That's why people don't go swimming off the San Diego beaches.
LOL. That's pretty funny. I go to the beach all the time. I, and everyone else, swim around in it like it was the cleanest ocean in the world. Boy, I wonder what everyone will say when I tell them that Mexico's untreated sewage is polluting our beaches. I bet eveyone get's right out of the water. I guess I better alert the Mayor of San Diego, Coronado, Imperial Beach, and Chula Vista (gee, I guess all cities to the North of San Diego too. I'll bet that pollution just skips on up the couast!) because they must not know it's polluted either. We all thought that sewage problem was temporary and had been fixed. Good thing I came here and found out the truth!

sdfan

Tony is right. No one will ask that. Instead, they should ask how many lucky bounces, questionable calls, injuries, and sick Patriots did it take for you to get to and win that ONE Super Bowl.
LOL, too funny. I guess every team should ask those questions, eh PatsFan?

pao

Try to grasp a simple concept here. I have been defending the Patriots about Spygate from the beginning. I have been saying that they didn't cheat. I have been saying that they should have gotten only very minor punishment. I have been saying that Goodell has been an incompetent and should not be the Commissioner.

However, the facts are clear. The Patriots were found guilty of wrongdoing by the only person who has the power to make such a determination in the NFL. People are wondering if what the Patriots did taints their Super Bowl victories. A senator of the United States is looking into the situation.

The notion that it should be acceptable to defend Belichick by making moronic personal attacks upon Dungy because his child had problems and eventually took his own life is an embarrassment, and the people who make such attacks are scumbags.
I enjoy your posts. Hope that isn't a bad thing! Your posts are one of the only reasons I even entertain thoughts that what BB did should not be considered cheating.

sdfan

Yes there was PROOF of the crowd noise being piped back in. It caused a feedback in the system AT THE STADIUM that FANS IN THE STADIUM heard. It wasn't just on TV like they claimed. Fans at the stadium came out and said it happened.
I would be very interested to see a link to an article or announcement from the league to back your statement up. Haven't seen one yet.

Also, Johnson DID say that they did the same thing during his years with the Cowboys. He said so as recently as 2 weeks ago.
Where did he say that? Link, please?

sdfan

Last edited:
Yes, my belief that it's classless of people to attack Dungy via his dead child over an issue that has nothing to do with that child or Dungy's parenting is absolute proof that I'm secretly a Colts fan.:rolleyes:

Does Belichick's getting a divorce and alleged affair with a married woman somehow mean that he shouldn't comment on San Francisco's tampering with Lance Briggs?

Seriously, did you even stop for a moment to think about what you were posting?
If you ever get time please come over to the Chargers' board and spend some time. I would appreciate your insight on some of our topics (you may get flamed a bit but I think you can handle it).

http://forums.chargers.com/

sdfan

And you probably never will. Why would Mister Goodell say anything negative about the Colts? Bill Belichick doesnt coach the goody twpo shoes bubba boiy Colts.

Anyone with any common sense and knowledge knows what the Colts have done.
Oh, ok. Just take it on faith from a Patriot fan, eh? Right.

sdfan

Grammer, lol? Sorry sir.

Lord. That's all you got? I used "of" incorrectly? Kind of reaching aren't you?

LMAO - no, the "of" was just a fun gaffe to play off while teasing a troll in a very short, to the point comment. The 3 posts it took to get you to realize WHY you were ignorant were the part I enjoyed...it was like you hammered the point home for me with a sledge when a ball peen would have worked just fine. Thanks!

LMAO - no, the "of" was just a fun gaffe to play off while teasing a troll in a very short, to the point comment. The 3 posts it took to get you to realize WHY you were ignorant were the part I enjoyed...it was like you hammered the point home for me with a sledge when a ball peen would have worked just fine. Thanks!

You don't get out much do you Zeke?

You don't get out much do you Zeke?

Good comeback, snappy, lots of pizazz, definitely cut to the quick and put me in my place. The best part is that I don't even have to expound on the fact that you so perfectly embody the dolts fan stereotypes.:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
Back