PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Goodell to SI: Deceived by Belichick

Status
Not open for further replies.
We can only imagine how hard the Omissioner will come down on the Rats when he realizes that Sexxy Rexxy and Westhoff deceived him about not knowing about what Alosi et al were doing.

It's gonna get real ugly then. ( Yeah right....)

We can only imagine how hard the Omissioner will come down on the Rats when he realizes that Sexxy Rexxy and Westhoff deceived him about not knowing about what Alosi et al were doing.

It's gonna get real ugly then. ( Yeah right....)

And as any jets fan will tell you....goodell is still in the patriots back-pocket.

F*ck Goodell. I'm tired of his high-profile media act. Bring back Tagliabue.

Belichick should come out and let Goodell have it with both barrels. Sadly, he won't.

I've said it before but I can't stop...it's Bob Kraft the franchise owner who needs to assert himself here. Goodell is damaging Kraft's brand and alienating Kraft's customer base. Milquetoast Bob needs to grow a pair and talk to Goodell in private and let him know that such talk about the Patriots YEARS after the fact will...not...happen. This talk will never happen because sadly it's antithetical to Kraft's management style and lack of sack. Pisses me off.

Boo Hoo! Roger, s*ck on it!!!!:cry2:

Eat this Roger...BB got AP's COTY today. You loser!

I hate this commissioner. Sorry for the non-PC hate speech so derided in the press these days.

Last edited:
The irony is this is what he just fined the Jets for ... going to the press with dirty laundry instead of dealing with problems behind closed doors. I guess there must be 2 sets of rules....

Suspicious timing as if it was planned to screw up the Patriots IF they got to the SB. Maybe someone is jealous of the Patriots draft picks.

I smell a rat. The Jets? Bill Polian?

Last edited:
I've said it before but I can't stop...it's Bob Kraft the franchise owner who needs to assert himself here. Goodell is damaging Kraft's brand and alienating Kraft's customer base. Milquetoast Bob needs to grow a pair and talk to Goodell in private and let him know that such talk about the Patriots YEARS after the fact will...not...happen. This talk will never happen because sadly it's antithetical to Kraft's management style and lack of sack. Pisses me off.

Kraft really can't speak out right now, because of the CBA situation. Belichick, on the other hand, could certainly talk about Goodell being full of it. It's not as if Goodell would have any moral position for fining Belichick for talking, given that his dumb ass is the one who gave the interview that got this started.

Last edited:
Goodell pulling the old Bait-and-Switch to avoid CBA talk and Media scrutiny at the leagues highest interest level. If he is only accepting $1 for his salary for failing to do his job you can be assured he's making it up thru some other avenue. That would be the Dog-and-Pony show.

Exactly how much of that $10 Mil will go to all the peripheral people who become unemployed or incomes drastically reduced? No matter, he can always find a Bengals player to shoot flares at to change the subject.

The guy is nothing short of a narcassitic, sociopathic meglomaniac.

I still think Superbowl 42 was fixed and BB was forced to throw it. I mean put Hobbs out on an island with a groin injury? that's like passing continually with Brady having a foot injury.

Woah. lol That's a little harsh. He has his moments, but saying "he is one of the worst sports commissioners in sports history" seems at tad over exaggerated, don't ya think?
Perhaps, haha. I just can't stand the guy, he's done a horrible job since he took over.

I have no doubt that Belichick would make a better Commish than RG. Belichick is all business and doesn't fall victim to the pitfalls of the media. He isn't concerned with being the most popular, he is concerned with doing his job to the best of his abilities.

RG needs to learn to play within the system, rather than be the system. Makes me miss PT... and on that note, Gene Upshaw (NFLPA). We stand to have no football next year.

right! says alot for someone who claims that he's trying to clean up the NFL in all aspects but then does something like this?

this guy is a joke.

Well, isn't this interview also the one where the Commissioner said none of Big Ben's teammates backed him up during his meetings re: the suspension? Goodell brought a potential controversy to the Steeler locker room right before the Super Bowl, on top of dredging this stuff up again.

He doesn't think about what he says AT ALL. Not that I care about the Ben stuff, but I do find it funny that this idiot Commish can't shut the hell up for even the good of the league he is supposed to be working for.

The guy is nothing short of a narcassitic, sociopathic meglomaniac

my exact words four years ago on this very board...narcissistic,sociopathic,megalomaniacal and criminal

What is a narcissistic sociopath?
# A person with this diagnosis would not understand nor care that he or she is violating the rights of others and would do so for personal gain, most likely through manipulation and charm.

Maybe SI's Main Gossip Should Re-Visit This Gem

Wife in Pacman Jones shooting says Roger Goodell lied

Goodell offered to provide Tommy Urbanski with desperately needed money as he recovers from a near-fatal shooting allegedly sparked last February by Tennessee Titans cornerback Adam (Pacman) Jones, his wife said. But Goodell never came through.

"Roger Goodell told me, 'You don't have to call us. We'll get in touch with you,'" Kathy Urbanski recalled angrily. "Now I realize he meant, 'Don't call us, we'll call you.'"

He also said this:

"I'm sorry about the tragedy the family is going through, but I don't feel we have any responsibility," Goodell said before the Super Bowl. Goodell said that Kathy Urbanski agreed with him during their chat.

Not true, she said.

"This is a David-and-Goliath situation, with working people against a very greedy and evil corporation called the NFL," she said.

I should make this a poll-Wife's husband who's Permanantly Disabled-or Roger Goodell's bruised ego. Which one got the Zhit end of the stick?

Read more: Wife in Pacman Jones shooting says Roger Goodell lied

I have no doubt that Belichick would make a better Commish than RG. Belichick is all business and doesn't fall victim to the pitfalls of the media. He isn't concerned with being the most popular, he is concerned with doing his job to the best of his abilities.

RG needs to learn to play within the system, rather than be the system. Makes me miss PT... and on that note, Gene Upshaw (NFLPA). We stand to have no football next year.

Belichick would never accept the job of NFL commissioner. As much of a football genius Belichick is, he'd be a horrible commish because he could care less about public opinion and the media. Goodell is nothing more than a classic totalitarian who has no respect for the sport that makes him 10 million annually. His burning the bridges with the Krafts is only the tip of the iceburg. Seriously, I've never seen a commissioner of a sport as universally hated as Goodell. The mere fact that he even made it this far goes to show how much of a political pull his daddy had.

F*ck Goodell. I'm tired of his high-profile media act. Bring back Tagliabue.
Tagliabue was a horrible commissioner. He is responsible for the current CBA mess we're seeing right now, he had absolutely no control of the NFL's players and even less control over the franchises who were moving all over the country on a whim. Tagliabue got by just by riding on the coattails of his predecessor, who was arguably the best commissioner of any sport of all time.

There's a reason no one wants to see him in the Hall of Fame.

+1. I know the Patriots want to take the high road, but there comes a time when you have to stand up for your franchise.

I still think Superbowl 42 was fixed and BB was forced to throw it. I mean put Hobbs out on an island with a groin injury? that's like passing continually with Brady having a foot injury.
I can't tell if you're joking, or this is simply one of the single most idiotic things ever written on this forum.

Please tell me you're joking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
Back