PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Shot Across the Bow?

Deion Sanders could be very boom or bust, but it probably comes with his two sons at QB and CB. It would also change our team building strategy immensely.
That's not how the draft works, and it's also not clear that Shedeur is coming out this year. . . .

Mac sourcing his friends to comment it’s not his fault
...which is exactly what Tom Brady did after

-throwing four picks in a loss at Denver '01
-opening day at Buffalo '03
-Halloween at Pittsburgh '04
-throwing four picks in a loss at KC '05
-throwing four picks in a nationally televised loss vs. Colts in '06
-throwing six TD's with no picks over the Oilers/Titans in throwbacks in the snow '09

(...okay I just wanted to put a happy one in there...moving on...)

(then again I don't know maybe Tom said that anyway...moving on...)

-either miserable SB loss to the Giants
-either miserable AFCCG loss at Denver
-blowout loss at KC '14

Kraft using his sources to let it be known he doesn’t like what’s going on and that Belichick’s job is not safe
Why doesn't Robert give Mac a new contract making him the highest paid player in NFL history?

I know, but everything worked out in the long run

Kraft using his sources to let it be known he doesn’t like what’s going on and that Belichick’s job is not safe
Why doesn't he just do what he did with Parcells?

-totally subvert the head coach/GM's authority and make draft picks with with no knowledge/participation of the supposed GM, and ignorantly, arrogantly and obnoxiously yelling and storming out of a meeting arranged by a legitimate third party attempting a reconciliation and plan for the future

That worked. We could avoid more N'Keal, Sony, etc.
Belichick using his media sources to let it be known he didn’t want to draft Mac and that it’s on ownership
Wait he's doing it already? But Mac's no Terry Glenn

Bienemy interviews terribly, but he is a more forward thinking offensive mind and while biased... pretty much all the Chiefs speak highly of him.

I wanted Reich as an OC last year. But he could be a good HC if he has a solid GM for a rebuild.

Deion Sanders could be very boom or bust, but it probably comes with his two sons at QB and CB. It would also change our team building strategy immensely.

Todd Monken from the Ravens would be a nice steal as well.
No, Heck no, Maybe, No.

That's not how the draft works, and it's also not clear that Shedeur is coming out this year. . . .
He's coming out if his dad is coaching in the NFL. He literally said he would stay this year because he wants to be coached by his dad another year. If Deion is in the NFL and on the Pats, he's going to make sure the team snags Sheduer, even if it requires a trade.

Go on and fire him.

That will set off a revolving door of HC and GM hiring in NE. Every 2 - 3 years one of the jobs is open.

Bill has been a failure as a GM for 5-6 years now at least. Can't keep having the same guy pick the groceries expecting different results.

It's also how he views creating an offense in the NFL. Where every other team wants high end talent and to get faster.

Bill wants a bunch of jags, to run the ball and win every game 15-10

Go on and fire him.

That will set off a revolving door of HC and GM hiring in NE. Every 2 - 3 years one of the jobs is open.
Bill has been a failure as a GM for 5-6 years now at least. Can't keep having the same guy pick the groceries expecting different results.

It's also how he views creating an offense in the NFL. Where every other team wants high end talent and to get faster.

Bill & Bob get along because they have lots in common. They like to do things their way, and don't like deviating from it.

This provides security and a sense of stability, but often closes the door on doing the right or common sense thing.

Bill takes the long view, and it's worked out for him. Brady wasn't quarterbacking the Giants.

Bill is addicted to going against conventional wisdom. But he also sticks with some flawed strategy.

So, he's human, like all of us!

I read that article but couldn't find any direct link or back-up to the bolded statement above.
Nice article valid points that have been already stated here.

Serious question: if he'd be willing to do that elsewhere, why would he be unwilling to do the same thing and stay in Foxboro? He can be a voice in the room, just not the guy with the final say.
His ego?

That is Completely Un-****ing-Acceptable.

What kind of ****ing vindictive, petty-ass games is this mother****er of a HC playing NOW?
Let me hear about this theory of yours. He hates Mills, so he's not playing him. Because it couldn't be anything else. I mean, we are talking about an all world talent here.

I'll provide the pen & napkin if necessary.
Coach cap you're too much.
Despicable Me Lol GIF

Bill & Bob get along because they have lots in common. They like to do things their way, and don't like deviating from it.

This provides security and a sense of stability, but often closes the door on doing the right or common sense thing.

Bill takes the long view, and it's worked out for him. Brady wasn't quarterbacking the Giants.

Bill is addicted to going against conventional wisdom. But he also sticks with some flawed strategy.

So, he's human, like all of us!
A real QB fixes so many problems and would highlight all the things that are right with this team.

Really?

The last 2 drafts have been great. Guys like Judon and Henry have been top notch FA selections. The Pat's have always had great depth as well. The Pat's have never been in cap hell going on 24 years.

A real NFL QB does wonders for this team.

This coming draft is rumored to be QB rich. Give BB one last shot at fixing the Pats up for the future.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
Back