PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Ian Rapoport: Bill Belichick's fate not yet decided, how rest of season goes will determine direction

Keep the goat and draft some weapons at last.

Why do u think he'd stay here without GM duties? He has had them for 23 seasons. Do you think he'd take less pay to stay?
If no other team offers him GM duties and he has to settle for “only” being HC (or retiring) then staying here might not be the worst option.

I said this yesterday. Curran is full of ****. Nothing has been determined yet. I'm betting Bill wil get another crack next year to right the ship.
I am 100% certain Kraft has made his decision. A few more games won't change that. Just a matter of what decision he has made.

Bill staying as HC and nothing else would be great, but don't think it will happen. Personally I'd like to see him just coach the defense

Last edited:
Yes let’s keep Bill because he built a team that can hold the Giants and Chargers to nothing and still lose
***Yawn** Bill is still a great coach; just not a great GM particularly at WR. Also, to your point, his defense beat BUF & has held their own against damn near every team this season. Stop being emotional..

If no other team offers him GM duties and he has to settle for “only” being HC (or retiring) then staying here might not be the worst option.
I'm in agreement with you, But I really don't think teams will empower him with the set-up he's had here. Enough evidence is out there that without the QB he cannot win. Taking nothing away from what he's done but, This season and the way the team looks particularly the roster doesn't help his case for GM for another franchise. I believe most teams would knock down the door for his coaching ability.. GM.. not so sure. ..

The only way Bill stays is if Kraft really cares about Bill breaking Shula's winning record as a Patriot.

Otherwise all logical reasoning should point towards Kraft moving on from Bill.

The only way Bill stays is if Kraft really cares about Bill breaking Shula's winning record as a Patriot.

Otherwise all logical reasoning should point towards Kraft moving on from Bill.
I just want the misery to end.. Bill knows he gone, we know he gone. He'll likely get that record elsewhere.

***Yawn** Bill is still a great coach; just not a great GM particularly at WR. Also, to your point, his defense beat BUF & has held their own against damn near every team this season. Stop being emotional..
What is he doing as a coach that is great right now?

The Boston media is looking pretty bad right now. First Volin started the fire in the off-season, only to have Curran cowardly show up as he usually does to “confirm” that “Bill has been on the hot seat for years”. Then we have the “fate has been decided” from Curran to what we have today. Only Bob, Jon and Bill know what’s going on.

Here’s a question … rank all the coaches on the coach carousel after this year. Every team that gets rid of their coach will have William at the top
Of THEIR list …except us ??? Cmon now …
William? You mean Bill? If so, I question your premise that every team will have him as their top option.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back