PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Report: Brady bullied Josh McDaniels in NE

SHOWTIME15

No asterisks
2020 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score

It would appear McDaniels felt he was bullied by Brady and told Derek Carr (who then told his brother David) as such...

“I would say, what happened is in New England, Tom Brady ran the show, so he was able to bully Josh and he would just say, ‘This is what we’re going to do,'” Carr said. “And if Josh said no, [Brady] would go to Bill [Belichick]’s office, and if Bill said no, he would go to [team owner] Robert Kraft.

“‘Trade Jimmy Garoppolo, I don’t need him in here causing a problem.’ Jimmy Garoppolo gets traded, right?”

Last edited:
ohmy-9.gif

This is the kind of reporting I would expect from the NY Post. Conjecture from someone who wasn't there and then relayed through the telephone game to a tabloid that will run anything that will get eyeballs.

This is the kind of reporting I would expect from the NY Post. Conjecture from someone who wasn't there and then relayed through the telephone game to a tabloid that will run anything that will get eyeballs.

And originating from a guy (Derek Carr) who might have an emotional interest in making Josh McDaniels look like a weaker man.

Gawd...
cry-bully.gif

Bullied Arians........................check
Pushed Arians out...............check
Made Bowles his *****.......check
Made GM his wet nurse.....check

Rumors of Brady ****ing Skippy McD............ Brady Fluffers: "Not Tommy"

Bullied Arians........................check
Pushed Arians out...............check
Made Bowles his *****.......check
Made GM his wet nurse.....check

Rumors of Brady ****ing Skippy McD............ Brady Fluffers feign outrage (salty tears)...."Not Tommy"
20230207_082622.jpg

I mean if this report is true, doesn't it shed light on the reports of Brady complaining about not having a say in the offensive game planning?

There's only one guy looking really bad in all this and it ain't Tom or Bill or Josh. Obvious verbal sewer spillage from a guy who's mad at how his little bro got his feelings hurt.

How does this report affect the Chiefs?

Dude, don't shoot the messenger. I just saw this report on NY Post and thought it was interesting. I never envisioned Brady as the type to go around the coaching staff all the way up to Kraft.

Even if it's true, who cares? The record reflects it, McDaniels is a big nothing without Brady. And when they worked together (or Brady was calling all of the shots) in New England, they were enormously successful. So from an offensive production standpoint, whatever the dynamic was between the two of them, it worked.

And Josh McDaniels is going to unemployed by January. Who's his QB for next season? No one and there aren't many good options. It's looking pretty bleak for Josh.

How would this be a surprise to anyone? Tom was a 3 time Super Bowl champion when Skippy became the OC. Imagine him learning on the job, but telling Tom how it's going to be? Then you have Bill O'Brien benefitting greatly from the camera man catching him on the exact moment he and Tom were yelling at each other in 2011 over a WR who let a DB undercut him. That was Bill's claim to fame. Tom made skippy and Bill look better than they really are. Just like Peyton Manning made Mike McCoy and Adam Gase household names.

How would this be a surprise to anyone? Tom was a 3 time Super Bowl champion when Skippy became the OC. Imagine him learning on the job, but telling Tom how it's going to be? Then you have Bill O'Brien benefitting greatly from the camera man catching him on the exact moment he and Tom were yelling at each other in 2011 over a WR who let a DB undercut him. That was Bill's claim to fame. Tom made skippy and Bill look better than they really are. Just like Peyton Manning made Mike McCoy and Adam Gase household names.

It would explain a lot about Bill and Tom's deteriorating relationship...I don't think Bill is the kind of guy to tolerate dissent from anyone, superstar or not

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back