PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Freeman @ CBS: Moss is Doggin' It Again

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't care if other receivers jog when they are not the primary receiver. That has absolutely nothing to do with anything. I care if the PATRIOT receivers jog when the play goes the other way because it tells the D they can double Galloway and it also tells them when to double or triple Moss.

That is the only question. Does Moss or doesn't he. I don't give a crap what Buccanneer WRs do.

I remember a game when Moss was a Viking. Last play of the game. Vikings had the ball with a chance to tie. Moss jsut stood at the LOS, didn't even take a step forward when the ball was snapped. At the time I was happy because it freed the safety to make a play, but the announcers made abig deal about it, and now that he is a Patriot, I don't want to see any more of it.

Problem is, unless we can see the coaching tapes, we don't know. I'm not saying Moss did or did not dog it, but I am saying that everyone sticking up for him has no clue what they are talking about unless they have the coaching tapes.

Have to have the coaching tapes to stick up for him? BS! I'm saying he's out there playing with a bad back, he has double digit catches and over 100 yards catching. I've watched the TIVO'd game for the third time. I have enough information to come to my conclusion on whether or not Moss dogged it against the Falcons. I've played WR with a bad shoulder, and I've played WR with a bad back, and I know all I need to know about whether Moss can play at that level by dogging it.

I don't care if other receivers jog when they are not the primary receiver. That has absolutely nothing to do with anything. I care if the PATRIOT receivers jog when the play goes the other way because it tells the D they can double Galloway and it also tells them when to double or triple Moss.

That is the only question. Does Moss or doesn't he. I don't give a crap what Buccanneer WRs do.

I remember a game when Moss was a Viking. Last play of the game. Vikings had the ball with a chance to tie. Moss jsut stood at the LOS, didn't even take a step forward when the ball was snapped. At the time I was happy because it freed the safety to make a play, but the announcers made abig deal about it, and now that he is a Patriot, I don't want to see any more of it.

Problem is, unless we can see the coaching tapes, we don't know. I'm not saying Moss did or did not dog it, but I am saying that everyone sticking up for him has no clue what they are talking about unless they have the coaching tapes.
Is it likely Freeman had access to the coaching tapes before he wrote the piece?

There are MANY problems with this.
1. The obvious one that everyone has stated: The guy looks effortless. He has a HUGE stride, so even at full speed, his legs aren't pumping as much as a smaller guy. It's deceptive. Just because he LOOKS to be jogging, doesn't mean he is.

2. The guy is on offense just about every snap. For those who say "he can't block", it simply isn't true. I have seen him make pretty good blocks over the years. He is a fast receiver, though, so you can't expect him to block like a TE.

3. Where did this notion come from that every other receiver in the NFL plays 120% every single play, be it running hard, making the perfect block, etc? If these "haters" can show me 1 deep threat receiver (who plays the entire game) who runs at full speed, all the, makes perfect blocks, and never lets up, I'll say you are right. I know you wont, though, because IT DOESN'T EXIST. No one can put forth that much steam in a game without killing themself by the 4th quarter.

4. He was playing with a bad back, for crying out loud. The guy probably shouldn't have even played, but they needed him. I also don't get this "The Patriots won't allow this" or "Brady is upset with him", etc. BB has said many a times that Randy is the smartest and hardest working receiver he has ever seen. Brady has said the same and loves the guy.

Do yourself a favor and start using that organ in your head.

Is it likely Freeman had access to the coaching tapes before he wrote the piece?

It's more likely Freeman wrote the synopsis before he watched the game.

Moss was the best player on the field for either team. He played hurt, caught the ball in traffic, ran after the catch, was a consistent deep threat, made great catches and big, clutch plays.

What else do you need to know?

The article is ridiculous.

That said, there were many on this board who repeatedly posted the same sentiments Freeman is expressing about Moss week after week last season.

That said, there were many on this board who repeatedly posted the same sentiments Freeman is expressing about Moss week after week last season.

All of the Moss "hate" drives me crazy. The guy has been nothing but a leader, a horse, and the best receiver in the game since 1998. Any 'media' that try to say otherwise are just full of crap.

Moss was the best player on the field for either team. He played hurt, caught the ball in traffic, ran after the catch, was a consistent deep threat, made great catches and big, clutch plays.

My views entirely.

What else do you need to know?

The only thing I can think of is that BB said Moss got the Game Ball for his performance Sunday.

This guy is full of it. He's not a Patriots beat writer. I doubt he has any inside connections in this organization. He most likely turned to the game and watched the same tape that we all saw. Like more "pundits," when they don't know what they are talking about, they just make sh*t up.

Plus, you can't forget that a lot of writers still have a little bit of a grudge at Randy for his Minnesota days. He was always laid back and nonchalant. He didn't really take most seriously and give them any prescient answers. They probably think of him as the same person that he was at the end of his run with the Vikings. You know what, the Vikings listened to tools like him, and they ended up with a scrub linebacker (Napoleon Harris) and a first round pick.

Bottom Line: Randy is the reigning record holder for receiving touchdowns in a single season. Freeman is a tool on CBS.com. Nuff said.

Nice little tidbit on "Extra-points" at the Glob.

Moss catching on - Extra Points - Boston.com

Moss had 10 catches for 116 yards in the game, despite playing with a bad back. I'm not quite sure this is the season to be taking Moss to task for a lack of effort considering he leads the NFL with 26 receptions through three games, which is the best three-game reception start of Moss's career.

Moss now has 15 100-yard receiving games since joining the Patriots in 2007. New England's record when he reaches the century mark is 15-0.

Good stuff from Gasper:

Moss catching on - Extra Points - Boston.com

I like seeing him come right out, name the article and author of that bullcrap from CBSsports.com and call it what it is.

EDIT: I see JSn beat me to it!

That 15-0 stat is a good one. Here's to 13 (or more) 100+ yards games for Moss this season.

I also stand by my bet that Welker still crosses 100 receptions this season if he play the remainder of the games.

Last edited:
Jim Donaldson: Whatever his past, Moss has given the Patriots nothing but his best | New England Patriots | projo.com | The Providence Journal

It's funny this article expresses the complete opposite sentiment

"It had been officially “questionable,” according to the injury report the club submitted to the league office, whether Moss would play Sunday against the Falcons in Foxboro. But, clearly, the Patriots needed him to play and, despite a sore back, Moss may have been the best player on the field.

Not only did he make 10 catches for 116 yards – both game-high totals – but he also did his best to do some downfield blocking as the Patriots racked up 168 yards rushing.

When it comes to blocking, Moss is no Hines Ward. He pesters defenders, rather than punishes them. But the point is, on an afternoon when he was Brady’s primary target, Moss wasn’t taking any plays off. He wasn’t resting when New England ran the ball – he was busy blocking."

Freeman is remarkably off-base. If he actually took the time to query BB, Brady, Kraft or others on the team, they would interate that as a player, person and teammate, Moss has exceeded their expectations in ways that they never even contemplated.

What has suprised me the most is the leadership he has shown. For him the day after the Buffalo game to encourage the rest of the receiver corps to join him in the film room at 830 am on Monday is pretty darn cool. Additionally on Sunday to go over to TB and politely ask him to calm down, that was another example of being an outstanding teammate and a solid leader...

Additionally on Sunday to go over to TB and politely ask him to calm down, that was another example of being an outstanding teammate and a solid leader...

That was, for me, probably the most unforgettable moment of the game.

If you told me, three years ago, that such a thing would be happening, I'd be calling you nuts.

As it was, I was one of those who didn't initially agree with the Pats acquiring Moss, and have had to eat plenty of crow since then.

Last edited:
That was, for me, probably the most unforgettable moment of the game.

If you told me, three years ago, that such a thing would be happening, I'd be calling you nuts.

As it was, I was one of those who didn't initially agree with the Pats acquiring Moss, and have had to eat plenty of crow since then.

Even if he did "dog" it on a play or two Sunday, based on what he has done here, he deserves the benefit of the doubt. Maybe his back was hurting big-time and tweaked it. Who knows.

Even if he did "dog" it on a play or two Sunday, based on what he has done here, he deserves the benefit of the doubt. Maybe his back was hurting big-time and tweaked it. Who knows.

I don't think you can "dog" your way to 100 yard games on a consistent basis, in the NFL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call