PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Hoge: Moss 'played his tail off'

Status
Not open for further replies.
To what exactly? No one on this board wants to talk about anything but Moss. There are like 18 active threads on Moss.

Start a new thread about an exciting new topic :D

Start a new thread about an exciting new topic :D

I wish I could. I am usually a contributor to threads. Not a starter. Unless there is a hotbutton topic. How about.... ummmm.... Moss?!?

In all honesty, I just can't think of an angle to talk about the Bills. They are a strange teams since in the last month they are either surprising incredible or the the same ole Bills.

In all honesty, I just can't think of an angle to talk about the Bills. They are a strange teams since in the last month they are either surprising incredible or the the same ole Bills.

talk about 5 things we have to do to stop the Bills. That will at least inspire some genuine football discussion.

Last edited:
talk about 5 things we have to do to stop the Bills.

Well, the question would be which Bills team we have to face. They are Jeckyl and Hyde team. If the Pats face the Bills team that faced the Jets two weeks ago, all the Pats have to do is show up to the game.

I thinkest moss will retirest as a pastriot if by retire, you include "being cut", as in I don't think he takes his act on the road after this show...don't think he'd want to be that washed up guy at 37 as his skills have declined. Kind of like Sampson without the hair. It isest a possibilest that he wants so much money at the end of his contract that we move on.

Who knows, maybe he's mad at this lame offense that can't get him the ball.

Uh Oh! Actual experts are coming out to defend Randy Moss. The New England media hounds won't like to hear this. They would like to make it up as they go along.

Not that I care what the media is saying about Moss' effort...With that said, Hoge just complemented a New England player:eek:

Not even William Belichick has made the claim that Moss played his tail off.
Why all this media bum licking over a player obtained with a 4th round draft pick? ;)

Not even William Belichick has made the claim that Moss played his tail off.
Why all this media bum licking over a player obtained with a 4th round draft pick? ;)

BB didn't make the claim that any of the players played their tails off, does that mean every single one of them slacked? Please go away.

This is what I posted Sunday night ... Moss had a very good team orientated game ... Maroney also.

Hoge has an anti-Pats bias, but I think he's right on with this. Watching some of the replay on NFL Total Access, Moss made a couple of nice blocks for Welker. And the INT was clearly a horrible throw from Brady.

The only real criticism I have of Moss is that he isn't very aggressive about keeping the defensive back form making the interception. I thought he could have done more to stop the Vontae Davis interception in the end zone against Miami, for example. But overall I think the reports of his "giving up" and dogging it are exaggerated.

Moss has been very poor for years fighting for the ball or stopping an interception. I was very glad a few weeks ago when he wrapped up a defender and drew an offensive pass interference call - it's the most useful thing I've ever seen him do to stop an interception.

It's really not that difficult to see that Moss wasn't dogging it, even from the confines of a 16:9 view. In the eyes of a spoilt fan base, if you are Randy Moss dogging it includes not scoring touchdowns, making multiple receptions or doing the spectacular.

Football is more than just statistics and fantasy scores. I wish some people would realize that.

It's really not that difficult to see that Moss wasn't dogging it, even from the confines of a 16:9 view. In the eyes of a spoilt fan base, if you are Randy Moss dogging it includes not scoring touchdowns, making multiple receptions or doing the spectacular.

Football is more than just statistics and fantasy scores. I wish some people would realize that.

Not true

with this team the bar is set higher every year

with an 18-0 run 2 years ago it is only logical to demand we follow with 19-0 runs.

It is also highly advisable to add more regular season games so that we can win more than just 19 games in a season

Last edited:
Not true

with this team the bar is set higher every year

with an 18-0 run 2 years ago it is only logical to demand we follow with 19-0 runs.

It is also highly advisable to add more regular season games so that we can win more than just 19 games in a season
Right next to the following categories

1. Brady never being sacked,
2. Brady never missing a completion,
3. Running backs averaging 10 yards per carry,
4. Offense scoring on every single drive,
5. Defense never allowing a throwing completion,
6. Defense never allowing a running yard,
7. Special teams pinning the opposing team inside the 20 every kick off.

I don't expect much from the Patriots. :p

BB didn't make the claim that any of the players played their tails off, does that mean every single one of them slacked? Please go away.

Oh please!! Belichick has been asked repeated questions this week about the Randy Moss dog and pony show from last Sunday. Not once has Belichick ever claimed Moss played his tail off even when the question has been - "Bill, just how hard is Randy playing?"
It amazes me just how soft and fruity some NE sports fan has become. Defending obvious jakes. Amazing!!!

Oh please!! Belichick has been asked repeated questions this week about the Randy Moss dog and pony show from last Sunday. Not once has Belichick ever claimed Moss played his tail off even when the question has been - "Bill, just how hard is Randy playing?"
It amazes me just how soft and fruity some NE sports fan has become. Defending obvious jakes. Amazing!!!

If you were at the game you might have noticed Brady did not throw any deep balls and only several mid range balls.

You might have noticed that Kaczur was having a real bad game in the 1st half and his man was in Brady's face the entire half. Brady had but a few seconds to throw if that. The offense stunk in the 1st half ... why is that all pinned on Moss.

The running game was pretty good but they wanted to get the passing game going also and it was a major effort which failed. I don't believe Brady ever threw to Stanbach or Edelman even though the Patriots did some 4 and 5 receiver sets.

You would have noticed that Vollmer stabilized the line yet Brady still did not throw any deep balls and Moss was double covered every play ... never single coverage on one play.

Welker had a good day however Carolina conceded most of the balls he caught which is why his YAC was so low.

Moss was blocking a lot ... and he was blocking well ... the TV does not show that very well.
Expect more Maroney running to Moss's sideline because Moss is a decent blocker.

You are talking and not knowing what you are talking about at this point ... better you abandon the topic because you have no point other than a hater's POV.

Last edited:
Clearly Hoge's days are numbered at HSPN. Defending a Patriot! OMG!

Last edited:
People will ignore Hoge, the ONLY journalist who actually bothered to look at the coaches tape of the entire game, because they don't care to hear the truth. Right now, he is the only person outside of BB/Moss who's opinion is valid. Does that matter? In the eye's of Moss haters, no. They are "haters" because they don't like him, no matter what he does (or doesn't do). They have their minds made up (based on no evidence) and think they are "smart" or "aware" because of their warped opinions.

No offense to Merrill Hoge intended, but who cares what he thinks he saw.

He is implying that his infinite football eye and mind, along with "coaches tape", give him some insight that is greater than that of everyone else?

Bull-kaka.

I have been watching football at all levels for 40 years, and have covered High School ball as a stringer for the Sun-Sentinel (South Florida) and I know when a player (especially a receiver or cornerback (bacause they are just easier to see) is dogging it.

And trust me, Merrill, Randy Moss was dogging it on Sunday in Foxboro!

Now, that said, I hope he got his little petulant, "I got disrespected" temper tantrum out of the way and can get focused for the playoff run of this season.

Are you really implying that you know more than an professional analyst who watches gametape for a living (I'm not saying he's good at it) who played PROFESSIONAL football for eight years and has worked with it countless years after that and has been around the game his entire life?

You really think the way the players are the same as they are in high school. I don't think that you, or anyone including me on this board for that matter, can say whether or not Randy Moss was dogging it.

If you have really been around the game for so long, you should know the differences between coaches' tape and what you get on television.

I'm not saying that Merril Hoge has the credibility to declare whether or not Randy Moss was dogging it, but he certainly has more than you. Of course you are entitled to your own opinion, but none of us have access to those coaches' tapes, so we don't even have access to the materials that Hoge has.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News