PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Freeman @ CBS: Moss is Doggin' It Again

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is such a joke. LAZIEST!? First of all, running routes is a craft, and one thing Moss does very well is lull the opponent to sleep, and THEN blow by him. I just wish he would go after passes more rather than watch them into his arms. How can this guy say Brady is annoyed by MOSS!? Now if this was about Galloway then I would agree about Brady being irritated but thats it.

Look at how hard Moss is running over an entire game. He sprints probably several miles over the course of a game.

He clearly knows how to pick his spots. He was the Pats offensive MVP yesterday, and leads the league in catches.

There is no rationalizing the article. Simply one of the dumbest, laziest articles written in the past several years. Freeman is a writer who DOGS it every time he goes to work.

Articles like this are designed to undermine the organization. Start a rumour and then create turmoil.

On ESPN Simmons has an article breaking fans into the half full/empty crowd. The half full are "koolaid drinkers", the half empty are "realists"? WTF?

The same crowd that fell over each other last year excusing Manning for missing traing camp now wants to bury Brady after a 3 score, 2 to1 TOP/yardage game?

He's getting beat up in the comments section. He pulls a brainfart every now and then.

probably what he wants. sadly ,he can do it without offering any apology and players have to live the reputation.
no wonder why moss doesnt talk to the media.

We only WISH the other receivers on the team were "dogging it" like Randy ! Give me another guy who gets 10 rec & 100+ yards and he can dog it all he wants in Freeman's eyes !

Freeman's article was an ignorant, tired joke. Florio trying to take that joke and weave an even crazier story is just piss-poor journalism. Honestly, Florio's article was so bad it borders on something that could/should get him fired.

On ESPN Simmons has an article breaking fans into the half full/empty crowd. The half full are "koolaid drinkers", the half empty are "realists"? WTF?

I have hated Bill Simmons for several years now (actually, I think it goes back to around when the Sox won their first title). It makes me barf that that assclown thinks he represents Boston. I don't use the word "hate" lightly, even in a half-joking context as I do here, but I truly despise the guy for becoming a self-appointed voice of Boston, yet not living here, not truly respecting our teams, and not having any grasp of ANY of the major sports, least of all football.

Last edited:
Doesn't Freeman always write anti-Pat columns anyway? Maybe he wrote this in advance of the game yesterday thinking the Pats would lose?

I just want to point out a few things.

1) Running full speed on every single snap all game is not a good idea for anyone

2) Fooling a DB into thinking he can CHEAT because he has a read on the receiver, creates BIG play opportunities

3) Moss can run faster than almost anyone in the league and still LOOK like he's jogging

Freeman's article was an ignorant, tired joke. Florio trying to take that joke and weave an even crazier story is just piss-poor journalism. Honestly, Florio's article was so bad it borders on something that could/should get him fired.

considerign he blasts espn so much shouldnt he at least offer and better retraction than the update blurb at the end ?

I put a little more stock in Lombardi's opinion, personally...

Diner morning news: random thoughts | National Football Post

Fred Taylor looked fresh and effective for the Patriots. They still struggled in the red zone (one touchdown, four field goals Sunday), but did enough to get the lead and make the Falcons play from behind, which they don’t do well. Randy Moss was the difference in the game, making some incredible clutch plays. The Falcons need to get some size on the outside at corner or else it will be hard to slow down very simple passes.

considerign he blasts espn so much shouldnt he at least offer and better retraction than the update blurb at the end ?

Florio expects more out of other media outlets than he does himself b/c he must realize that at the end of the day, he is the NFL's answer to the tabloid.

Moss can run faster than almost anyone in the league and still LOOK like he's jogging

This one always fools Felger, Randy's so smooth he actually looks like he moving slow as he's pulling away from the defender, hes a freak.

This one always fools Felger, Randy's so smooth he actually looks like he moving slow as he's pulling away from the defender, hes a freak.

A great example is he TD off the bubble-screen (I think) against the Cards last year. Did not look like he was running very fast, but no-one had a prayer of catching him.

I don't understand this. Wasn't he known to be playing through a back injury that would explain this stuff away?

Moss's lack of effort could be poison ivy to Pats - CBSSports.com

EXCERPT:

No. This falls in line with the media patting itself on the back with "I knew he was a poser and a cancer to the locker-room." Fiction can be fun. Moss could help the team to win 5 rings, and all it would take would be one episode for the media to claim Nostradamus status with its prediction. You just gotta love the 24/7 media and the search for news, even when there is no news.

The solution is obviously that Randy Moss should learn how to run so it looks like he's trying really hard, as opposed to running like lightning and make it look easy.

Amazing that anyone even pays him to write. Just five years ago his career went down in scandal.

Puffed-Up Resume Costs Sportswriter a New Job

By Howard Kurtz
Washington Post Staff Writer
Saturday, January 10, 2004

A longtime New York Times sportswriter who left to join the Indianapolis Star has
resigned from his new job after admitting that he falsified his résumé.
Mike Freeman, who covered professional football and basketball and did
investigative reporting at the Times, apologized for telling the Star that he was a
graduate of the University of Delaware. He said he attended the school for four years
but did not graduate.
"These were lies," Freeman, 37, said in a statement posted on the Web site
SportsPages.com. He added: "This was a terrible and unforgivable manipulation of
the facts. . . . It was the only time I have told such falsehoods and no other deceptions
have ever appeared in any of my newspaper stories or two books at any time in my 16
years of practicing journalism. Nevertheless, the information I gave the Star was
wrong and I will be punished with the loss of my newspaper career."

Free downloadable version here.

It's clear Freeman just lied again.

He probably didn't even watch the game he wrote about.

moss has always played the same way

people who complain are just jealous how easy moss can make it look

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes