PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Hoge: Moss 'played his tail off'

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought perhaps the most interesting thing Hoge said was that from the end zone, the ball that Randy alligator armed was tipped. That's one of the two most highlighted plays about how Moss was supposedly "dogging it."

Even if it was tipped, it doesn't exonerate Moss though. The ball was still spiraling when it got to Moss (not wobbling at least nothing significant), the ball was right in his hands, and he didn't look the ball into his hand rather turned to look at Gamble who was about to hit him. Whether you consider it dogging it or just a mental error, that one is 100% of Moss.

I didn't hear what Hoge said specifically about that play. But if he claims that Moss didn't do anything wrong on that play, I question his analysis. I won't say he was dogging it on that play, but if he didn't short arm the ball and watched the ball into his hands; he most likely would have caught that ball. I will conceed it was a mental error and not dogging it to avoid that discussion again.

Sorry, i got pulled into this again. I am done on post porteming Moss' performance.

Last edited:
Stop insinuating that I am some kind of moron and can't make judgments objectively. Maybe you cannot make decisions without biases and are projecting it on me, but I can. You don't know how I think and stop making it sound like you can.

You admit a strong bias towards Hoge but jump all over me for insinuating that it could sway your judgement or opinion? I never insinuated you were a moron. We're all human.

Saying he had a good game away from the ball is not over the the top. Saying Moss had one of his best games of his career away from the ball is going over the top. Saying he did a great job at certain things, saying it was one of his best games of his career doing those things is another. I bet you if you went through the game tapes of Moss' career, you can find better examples of him run and screen blocking in potentially dozens of games.

So it is "over the top" because you 'bet' that it's not true? What the hell? You don't have to believe Hoge, but lambasting him when you personally have no idea whether it is true not is actually over the top.

Moss has been double covered all year and every year of his career. Let's not act like the Panthers did anything different.

I don't understand the point? Are you saying it is impossible that Carolina played a good game, or covered him well? Are you saying it's impossible to limit Moss' production? BTW, Kaczur wasn't having an easy time ya know.

Hoge went over the top, but that is his style. It makes him look like a moron even if the underlying point is valid. Whether if he is talking about his overall game or just his run blocking, I am pretty sure he is using hyperbole.

I wouldn't say he sounds like a moron. He sounds like any other in the media, they all tend to be sensationalist.

If this was one of Moss' best performances run blocking of his career, don't you think Belichick, Brady, or another Patriot would have stated that?

If Moss run blocking is very average, and he plays ever so slightly above average, why would you believe BB or Brady or anyone would gush all over it? Do you really think they bring up every single time someone does something well or even great?

Do you really think he did one of his best jobs ever run blocking or screen blocking? Or playing the decoy? He might have played well in that area, but if it was his best we would have seen it more.

I really have no idea, I don't think he's a great blocker to begin with but I think he does a good enough job consistently. I don't get to watch the coaches tapes unfortunately. I do think he played well as a decoy, and blocked well. Then again I think he usually does. I don't think it's likely that he did a far better or far worse job than he usually does. He definitely made some mistakes on the few passes his way. This does not however mean that the lack of throws his way were entirely or even mostly his fault.

Hoge may have overstated it depending on what he saw, but everything in the media is always overstated. There is no reason to fly off the handle about it.

People will ignore Hoge, the ONLY journalist who actually bothered to look at the coaches tape of the entire game, because they don't care to hear the truth. Right now, he is the only person outside of BB/Moss who's opinion is valid. Does that matter? In the eye's of Moss haters, no. They are "haters" because they don't like him, no matter what he does (or doesn't do). They have their minds made up (based on no evidence) and think they are "smart" or "aware" because of their warped opinions.

That statement should be cited every time someone brings up Spygate, Mossgate, hotelgate, etc.

Can someone explain to me why there are TWO undefeated teams and Randy Moss' efforts in a winning cause are getting more air time than either of those teams?

We're not even that good anymore, and people hate us.

This is pretty funny. Last play they analyze, Moss goes long and takes three defenders with him so Watson can make an easy catch.

Zolak - "Looks like he's dogging it there". (joke, obviously). BB didn't bite at all, but it shows what imbeciles people like Felger are.

Belichick Breakdown: Patriots vs. Panthers

Listening to Mike and Mike with Belichick coming up, they just mentioned that Jaws watched the game tape and totally agreed with Hoge's asessment. So imagine that, maybe 2 highlights didnt tell the whole story, M&M!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back