PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Freeman @ CBS: Moss is Doggin' It Again

Status
Not open for further replies.
No. This falls in line with the media patting itself on the back with "I knew he was a poser and a cancer to the locker-room." Fiction can be fun. Moss could help the team to win 5 rings, and all it would take would be one episode for the media to claim Nostradamus status with its prediction. You just gotta love the 24/7 media and the search for news, even when there is no news.

Well when TO melts down in Buffalo, I can imagine the news headlines then.....calling him the best thing to happen to the Bill's and the team was unable to use him the right way. Dont think they will ever mention his past cancerous antics in his past.....

Re: Freeman: Moss is Doggin' It Again

Maybe they're just pissed Fox had yesterday's game. ;)

Do you make those photoshop images of the opposite teams yourself.

Honestly, this makes me wonder if Florio has lost his mind. And I'm serious. Freeman? His history (lying) speaks for itself.

This guy's an idiot looking for attention. Moss supposedly dogged it on the biggest catch of the game, then took off and made the catch. Wasn't it Revis last week saying that he couldn't relax on Moss because when he looks like he's dogging it he's probably just setting you up.

Last edited:
Moss set seventeen different records with the Patriots in 2007 and was a major factor in their run to the Super Bowl. Teams double-team him all the time and he still comes up with 100-yard games.

But he sucks and is unprofessional. Totally, dude.

BB said on the Big Show today that Moss received a game ball for his performance yesterday. He also scoffed at the idea that the Patriots would be looking to unload him. Care to rethink this column Mr. Freeman?

Mike Freeman = FAILDOZER.

Easily the dumbest thing I've read in years.

Unfortunately these sorts of hack articles have dogged Moss his entire career. The bad thing is, if the Pats go through some kind of losing spell...say for 2-3 years these sorts of articles will have a material impact on the team situation. If you can believe it, Moss was called lazy the year he had 111 catchs 1600+ yds and 17 TDs! The Vikes were crappy though and some percentage of people believed it eventually souring the whole stuation in Minnesota.

That article was crap and Florio's spin on it was disgusting. Both of them are idiots. Randy has an obvious disdain for the media and I don't blame him.

GO RANDY!
GO PATS!

just sent him a friendly e-mail offering a free brain cell injection to help boost those overworked three units that he has now.

Almost indescribably stupid.

If Moss being lazy=116 yards a game, get the man a recliner.

I don't understand this. Wasn't he known to be playing through a back injury that would explain this stuff away?

Moss's lack of effort could be poison ivy to Pats - CBSSports.com

EXCERPT:

Whoever writes such stories doesn't know football, and doesn't know what he is seeing with Moss. Felger said the same things about what he was seeing with Moss (oh, and that was 2007 when he set the all time record for # of TD catches).

Moss looks effortless. That is what makes him great. That is why he can suddenly pluck the ball out of the air, as he doesn't give up to the DB that the ball is even there.

Look at some of Mosses long TD catches the entire time he's been in the league. It looks like he is jogging, only nobody can keep up with him.

That somebody writing about the NFL still doesn't understand that boggles my mind.

I"m not even mentioning that Moss played with a bad back. Yeah, some dog. Let's pick the game that Moss guts it out, and plays injured to call him a dog. Very, very, poor journalism.

Not blocking? Completely made up and BS. Moss lays out some terrific blocks. Was he careful because of his back on Sunday? Not sure, but that would sure make alot of sense. This guy writing this is a complete fool!

Last edited:
I echo everyone's comments, ( andforgive me if someone already made this point, I didn't read every single post on this thread), but if you chart every play of every wide receiver on every team, you will see a huge percentage of the wideouts taking plays off when the play is a run up the middle or to the far side, and even when it is a pass play but going to the other side. In fact, you don't even need to be a lazy writer with a pea sized brain to do this, nor do you need to "chart" plays...next game, just watch the wideouts for a few plays when the play is a run up the middle. Rarely do they do anything but take a few steps and half heartedly engage the corner. The reason is obvious: nothing a wideout can do is going to effect an off tackle slant to the opposite side. That being the case, its supid to run full speed into the corner, or take off down the field.

Last edited:
I'd like to see Freeman try a couple dozen 40 yard sprints in a three hour time frame. What a jerk.

It's obvious that Freeman doesn't have a clue and is just throwing dung against the wall to see what sticks.

I echo everyone's comments, ( andforgive me if someone already made this point, I didn't read every single post on this thread), but if you chart every play of every wide receiver on every team, you will see a huge percentage of the wideouts taking plays off when the play is a run up the middle or to the far side, and even when it is a pass play but going to the other side.
I don't care if other receivers jog when they are not the primary receiver. That has absolutely nothing to do with anything. I care if the PATRIOT receivers jog when the play goes the other way because it tells the D they can double Galloway and it also tells them when to double or triple Moss.

That is the only question. Does Moss or doesn't he. I don't give a crap what Buccanneer WRs do.

I remember a game when Moss was a Viking. Last play of the game. Vikings had the ball with a chance to tie. Moss jsut stood at the LOS, didn't even take a step forward when the ball was snapped. At the time I was happy because it freed the safety to make a play, but the announcers made abig deal about it, and now that he is a Patriot, I don't want to see any more of it.

Problem is, unless we can see the coaching tapes, we don't know. I'm not saying Moss did or did not dog it, but I am saying that everyone sticking up for him has no clue what they are talking about unless they have the coaching tapes.

This one always fools Felger, Randy's so smooth he actually looks like he moving slow as he's pulling away from the defender, hes a freak.
I agree with that. He is deceptivelly fast. SO I have to ask myself when I saw a lot of plays with the defender right next to him swatting the ball away that why is Moss running neck and neck with a safety if he is so fast?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Back