PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bill Simmons "hears" that Moss and AD are gone, BB is "blowing it up"

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm a fan of Bill Simmons. He knows his stuff when it comes to the NBA. He knows JACK SHEEEAT when it comes to the NFL.

He's lost most of his burst. What is he, 33? It happens.

If they could get a 2nd for Moss and use it on Golden Tate I'd take that deal.

We trading Moss just after Minn or 2010 Moss?

Last edited:
2010 Moss.

I really love how we're throwing Moss's production under the bus because he "doesn't show up in big games". He showed up just fine in Indianapolis because Brady is much better at dealing with pressure from the sides than up the center vs the ravens (or the Giants for that matter).

Our play calling requires him to use his speed to get open down the field and use his extremely good vertical skills to go up and get the catch. That's what he does, and arguably the best to ever do it. However, when hes getting jammed and the other team is putting a huge amount of pressure overloading our line, he gets shut down. Simple.

Same reason EVERYOTHER receiver got shot down by the Revis (good press mixed with good central pressure), it isn't that Randy Moss is "dogging" it, its that Brady doesn't have time to use him in the way we're trying. Granted I agree hes slowing down (all you have to do is look at his RIDICULOUS Minnesota highlights to see that), I'd argue that his speed loss is marginal and hes still one of the faster players in the league at his position.

In closing, if any of you are thinking trade Moss, you might as well trade Brady. Our offense will be so UNBELIEVABLY poor without Moss we might as well get rid of our franchise QB and just draft someone new. And before ya'll chime in with Brady was good before he had Moss, yes I absolutely agree but his receivers were significantly better than Aiken/Edelman. Fact of the matter is that Aiken did special teams on Buffalo for 5 years and didn't catch any of our eyes and we saw him twice a year. I mean, Christ, he has TWO career receiving touchdowns. And they came from this year.

Last edited:
In closing, if any of you are thinking trade Moss, you might as well trade Brady.

That is most ridiculous thing I have ever read. The rest of your post would have had credibility if you excluded you first sentence.

Our offense will be so UNBELIEVABLY poor without Moss we might as well get rid of our franchise QB and just draft someone new. And before ya'll chime in with Brady was good before he had Moss, yes I absolutely agree but his receivers were significantly better than Aiken/Edelman.

OK so if they recommit to the running game and acquire 3 receivers that can run good routes, get good separation, catch the ball and get YAC, yo would be comfortable trading Moss? Edelman is your next David Givens BTW.

Fact of the matter is that Aiken did special teams on Buffalo for 5 years and didn't catch any of our eyes and we saw him twice a year. I mean, Christ, he has TWO career receiving touchdowns. And they came from this year.

No question that the Pats needs to upgrade the receiver corp and the running game IF they trade Moss.

Bill Simmons knows jack-s***!

you think we could get a 2nd rounder for Moss? .

please leave

I'll stay, thanks.

And I never said I think we can but IF WE COULD then I would take the deal, someone just gave us a first for Seymour so stranger things have happened.

Last edited:
That is most ridiculous thing I have ever read. The rest of your post would have had credibility if you excluded you first sentence.

OK so if they recommit to the running game and acquire 3 receivers that can run good routes, get good separation, catch the ball and get YAC, yo would be comfortable trading Moss? Edelman is your next David Givens BTW.

No question that the Pats needs to upgrade the receiver corp and the running game IF they trade Moss.

The trading Brady was a large dose of hyperbole and sarcasm to generate the feeling of futility and stupidity of trading Moss with our current receivers. I don't care if we do it eventually but if the words "Sam Aiken" are near No. 2 or 3 receiver then we probably should keep Moss.

Just heard this on the hub. In an interview with Deon Sanders, Revis was asked to describe receivers in two words or less. According to Revis Moss is a slouch.

The trading Brady was a large dose of hyperbole and sarcasm to generate the feeling of futility and stupidity of trading Moss with our current receivers. I don't care if we do it eventually but if the words "Sam Aiken" are near No. 2 or 3 receiver then we probably should keep Moss.

OK. I'm with ya....Agree 100%. W/O Moss, the team's passing game would wind up being in the Stone Ages.

OK. I'm with ya....Agree 100%. W/O Moss, the team's passing game would wind up being in the Stone Ages.

It's tough because Moss was brought in in the first place due to the Patriots struggling to life post-Branch when it came to moving the chains. Moss gave Brady a valuable weapon he didn't have throughout his career, and gave Moss easily the best quarterback he's had in his career. It's been a perfect match IMO.

I don't think we should blame Moss for the team not having a balanced attack on offense, or having no defense. The Patriots that won SB titles got by with inferior WR's and a thinner RB core because the defense had more leadership and depth. It was also a time when the Patriots could get away with not having a slam dunk draft. But now that's caught up with them.

Moss has been a good citizen since joining the team, and frankly, gives Brady a weapon on offense I don't think he'll ever have available to him again in his career. Let them get their SB rings together. This team can win with Moss.

I'll preface this by saying take what he said, as usual, with a large grain of salt. He's much more reliable when it comes to the NBA than the NFL, but here's an excerpt from today's article:

"From what I'm hearing, Belichick is finally and belatedly blowing this thing up: flipping half the roster, dumping Randy Moss and Adalius Thomas, hiring new coordinators (one's already gone), splurging in free agency and either signing or drafting a stud running back to take pressure off Brady. Whether a 58-year-old man can rebuild this franchise AND coach it remains to be seen. I just know it's never been done before."

Bill Simmons: NFL playoff picks, Round 2 - ESPN

I don't think anyone would/will be surprised when AD is gone, but personally I'd let Moss play out his contract year.

Looking at this six months later, about the only thing Simmons got right is the "dumping Adalius Thomas" part. . . . :rolleyes:

Looking at this six months later, about the only thing Simmons got right is the "dumping Adalius Thomas" part. . . . :rolleyes:

Which almost anyone who follows the Patriots knew was going to happen after the Late-Gate in conjunction with his performance on field.

So, Bill Simmons "hearing" was the same as his other ESPN counterparts ...

It's "creative" reporting

As in "creating" an audience or "creating" controversy

All you need is is a keyboard and internet access to viewable sites and you can be an ESPN reporter also.

I "hear" that Ian is going to -------------------

And then in the minds of too many it becomes factual

What a society

what is simmons "hearing" now? LOL

Only could stomach the first couple of pages of the thread, but this notion that Moss will be released or traded, or that he's no longer effective in our offense quite possibly is the stupidest thing I've ever heard. Seriously.

I'm sure it's been discussed, but tell me, Moss doubters, exactly who is going to be our deep threat this year if Moss goes??? Waiting......... Our roster is just packed with proven speed burners that can stretch the field. :rolleyes::confused::rolleyes::confused:

OMG it's a slow off-season. Lastly, Bill Simmons is an idiot.

The ONLY reason why anyone should watch ESPN is to watch some game they have on, or find out the outcome of a game. THAT's IT. They are the Daily News of TV. They just make it up as they go along. They have no credibility. The fact they are so wrong....so often....and NEVER take responsibility for any of their myriad mistakes, makes them unwatchable.

Was Simmons Prophetic???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back