PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

DE Will Smith Visiting Patriots April 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
He could be a steal but the lack of interest around him does not lead me to believe that teams think he has anything left in the tank. We do really need a solid 3rd DE but idk if Will Smith is what the pats want to bank on for that.

I wish I was excited about this... but I am not.

If they sign him...
meh.
If not...
meh.

Just not sure he is going to make a difference.

Anybody here able to keep us updated with Erika Leigh's Will Smith signing tweets?

I wish I was excited about this... but I am not.

If they sign him...
meh.
If not...
meh.

Just not sure he is going to make a difference.

Agreed, at this point, is he any better than Andre Carter ? 33 years old coming off of a torn ACL. Hasn't had double digit sacks since 2006. If he signs for veteran minimum I guess I'd be ok with it.

There's a West Philly Patriot joke in there somewhere.

Didn't we see a tweet this weekend that Desean Jackson was associated with the West Philadelphia gang with was "up to no good" and "started to make trouble in the neighborhood" that forced Smith mother to move in with his "Auntie and Uncle in Bel Air"?

So does that mean if the Pats sign Smith, it would preclude them from signing Desean Jackson?

Could fit the roster portfolio.
Big DE to play left side resting ninkovich. Ninkovich is really small to play over right tackle the whole game.
Buchanan is the lighter DE subbing for Jones.
Team doesn't have a 280 pound end.

Is Carlton coming too?

I was watching an episode of fresh prince of bel-air and Will was doing stand up comedy and nobody was laughing. Hiliary says to Carlton "We should do something". Carlton gets up and starts booing Will to get off the stage and the crowd starts to do the same... That must have been the only time Carlton burned Will. :rofl:

He looks a little skinny to take on linemen.

Aw! Hell! Nah! The man has beaten alien invasions multiple times and has Muhammad Ali telling him he's the greatest and you question whether he can be a situation pass rusher because he is a little skinny? If he can take down an unstoppable alien invasion with a Mac created computer virus or go one on one with a giant alien centipede, I am sure he can rag doll Ryan Clady.

The Will Smith jokes were no longer funny after the first page

I would like Smith and Bush

The Will Smith jokes were no longer funny after the first page

That's where you are wrong. Will Smith jokes are always funny.

no, you're wrong...nothing is funny...it's uber important we get back on track discussing this SERIOUS possibility of signing Will Smith, a consensus world shaking franchise defining player...do I lie?????

2547-8603.gif

Situational pass rusher at the right price. Hell, why not? A small upgrade at a position is still an upgrade. The question is, does Smith upgrade the situational pass rush?

2013: Carter and Buchanan.

2014: No One and Buchanan.

I suspect that Smith is an upgrade.

Situational pass rusher at the right price. Hell, why not? A small upgrade at a position is still and upgrade. The question is, does Smith upgrade the situational pass rush?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST