PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

DE Will Smith Visiting Patriots April 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

BelichickFan

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Much more exciting than Michael Bush. Assuming his ACL is OK, he'd give us a much more viable DE to rotate in than we've had.

You had to see this one coming. He and Robert Ayers are probably the 2 biggest "names" left out there.

I wouldn't expect a signing this week. Smith is likely to be still in rehab, so nothing should happen now. This is more a get acquainted meeting ti gauge the level of mutual interest. Then I suspect they'll shake hands and set a tentative date to revisit the conversation sometime in June when Smith is more likely to be ready for a real work out and physical.

Much more exciting than Michael Bush. Assuming his ACL is OK, he'd give us a much more viable DE to rotate in than we've had.

Almost a full years rest too, by preseason.

I'm skeptical he has much, if anything, left.

Could offer a 2-year deal heavy on % snaps w/ little money committed if he can't rehab.

By having him here the Pats can supervise he rehab as well.

I'm jiggy with it.

I'll show myself out...:bricks:

I'm jiggy with it.

I'll show myself out...:bricks:

No lie, I came into this thread simply to say the same thing and post a pic of the other Will Smith. You beat me to it! Nicely done.

Wake me up when the Patriots visit with Miles Austin or trade for Denarius Moore.
Will Smith maybe he pushes Bequette and Buchanon but I think he'd be let go after preseason

Is Carlton coming too?

I wonder how much he'll want. For 2 Million I think he would be a steal. Kind of like Bennett in Seattle. He can rotate in and you can never have enough pass rushers

Could be somewhat effective if his snaps are limited and that ACL checks out.

Can't see how it would hurt, he shouldn't cost much.

Could he be worse than Andre Carter?

This guy actually has some crazy feats and can play offense and defense. I want y'all to see this. If he gets signed, there's no denying a 4th ring. I mean, look at this.

f2skcn.gif

If he can bat away missiles, he can bat away footballs as a CB, or, better yet, intercept them.

M67s2Cu.gif

He can fly, so he's an automatic deep threat as a WR.

car.jpg

Lifting cars like that means, on defense, he'll be able to stop the run, collapse O-lines, and definitely get some serious sacks.

Sign him, Belichick! SIGN HIM! Before the Broncos do!

Interesting possible signing.

As I situational pass rusher, I can get jiggy with Will Smith.

will-smith-gettin-jiggy-o.gif

I whistled for pass rush and when it came near
Belichick said "Fresh" and had a dice in the mirror
If anything I could say that this cat was rare

Fresh-Prince-of-Bel-Air-Will-Smith.jpg

Should have signed Abraham last year. :rolleyes:

In his 30's, in decline for years, and coming off a season missed due to injury. He's a BB sort of signing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back