PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Free Agent WR's

Higgins is a question since he had so many drops and he's clearly a jump ball type.

Don't want Evans or Chark, that's for sure.

Pittman should be the target, but again he's strictly a possession slot guy.

Ridley is interesting, maybe as a cheaper version of Higgins.
You forgot to add Great Jump Ball type.

Pittman is getting tagged
Higgins is likely getting tagged. I think he'll be traded though
Ridley may be worth the gamble although he was inconsistent this season
Mike Evans is 31 and similar to Hopkins last year. Not sure the value in paying him big money if he has 1-2 years of WR1 ability left

If the pats want to upgrade WR it's either coming via trade or through the draft IMO
Not sure Pittman will be tagged as a slot guy. Teams value those guys a lot less than the max cap which is in the $25m range. The Patriots certainly shouldn't pay Pittman $25m.

Higgins tagged then traded?

Btw…Is Ridley really 30 years old? For some reason I thought he was much younger than that
He aged out of high school football by hitting the limit of 19 years and 9 months. He turned 21 during his freshman year at Alabama and 24 during his rookie season.

Ridley with a December Birthday will be 29 until that exact date. :)
Wow ok…I thought he was 2-3 years younger than that. I’d still take him for the right money as long as his head is on right.

He aged out of high school football by hitting the limit of 19 years and 9 months. He turned 21 during his freshman year at Alabama and 24 during his rookie season.
Well that explains it then :thumbsup: :)

Bengals WR Tee Higgins has come up more than a few times over the past couple days in the Patriots free agency thread that's currently on-going...

Took a look at the upcoming WR free Agent class... There are actually some good players on the list, much more than I originally thought... just a few names, courtesy of OTC's free agent Tracker

lTYrYJZ.jpg

Maybe feign interest in Tee Higgins, drive up his price - let other teams go after him - then target Michael Pittman in Indy... the guy is damn good... I just have some slight doubts about Higgins... Can he perform in the number 1 role? He's always had cover - except for his rookie year - by Jamarr Chase being on the field... Granted I would be elated if we could get him, just have a lingering doubt in my mind... I don't have that doubt in Pittman, who I think is just a fantastic game day performer...

who would be your preferred FA acquisition at WR?
I wouldn't be unhappy getting Pittman Jr.

Bengals WR Tee Higgins has come up more than a few times over the past couple days in the Patriots free agency thread that's currently on-going...

Took a look at the upcoming WR free Agent class... There are actually some good players on the list, much more than I originally thought... just a few names, courtesy of OTC's free agent Tracker

lTYrYJZ.jpg

Maybe feign interest in Tee Higgins, drive up his price - let other teams go after him - then target Michael Pittman in Indy... the guy is damn good... I just have some slight doubts about Higgins... Can he perform in the number 1 role? He's always had cover - except for his rookie year - by Jamarr Chase being on the field... Granted I would be elated if we could get him, just have a lingering doubt in my mind... I don't have that doubt in Pittman, who I think is just a fantastic game day performer...

who would be your preferred FA acquisition at WR?
As currently constructed in this offense Higgins or Pittman Jr. Are #1s. I'll gladly take either or.

Not sure Pittman will be tagged as a slot guy. Teams value those guys a lot less than the max cap which is in the $25m range. The Patriots certainly shouldn't pay Pittman $25m.

Higgins tagged then traded?

Kupp makes 26.7 million a year. Pittman is a top 15 WR and the colts won’t let him go when they have a QB on a rookie deal.

and contracts of more than $15M per year
Well.. the days of guys taking less to come to NE decipated on 3/12/2020. The only way we are getting top tier talent is by a trade or spending. No one is coming here unless the money talks!

Well.. the days of guys taking less to come to NE decipated on 3/12/2020. The only way we are getting top tier talent is by a trade or spending. No one is coming here unless the money talks!
considering what they paid Nelson Agony & Jonnu Smith, its possible

at more than $15M per year?
at $15m aav? i'd take him here

but i understand - my grain of salt here - thats why I'm commenting here instead of working in Foxboro

considering what they paid Nelson Agony & Jonnu Smith, its possible
At that time.. the allure was still here. Likely Bill won't be. Past 2 seasons have shown this unfortunately. If we were an up and coming team like Houston.. oh absolutely guys would want to come. However it's show me the money!

I am on the Higgins bandwagon as well, but I just don't see the Bengals letting him walk without a tag. He is a sure fire #1 target on about 25 other teams, so just can't see Bengals just letting him walk. And trading a #1 pick in top 5 simply isn't worth it, not with this year's receiver draft class.

at $15m aav? i'd take him here

but i understand - my grain of salt here - thats why I'm commenting here instead of working in Foxboro
Aglohor is like a cat fell right on his feet.. his team is the top seed in the AFC, likely superbowl bound, he stole money from NE ,and makes plays for the Ravens.

pretty deep for free agency... including all three of our tight ends

Hunter Henry, Mike Gesicki, Pharaoh Brown, Dalton Schultz, Gerald Everett, Noah Fant, Austin Hooper, Robert Tonyan, Irv Smith Jr.
Henry and Brown, draft one, and Gescki can move on.

Good WRs in trades have been fetching #1 picks lately.
2025 1 then or 35 overall but I don't really want to trade that either need flexibility in case we want one of the other Qs not in the top ten.

I am on the Higgins bandwagon as well, but I just don't see the Bengals letting him walk without a tag. He is a sure fire #1 target on about 25 other teams, so just can't see Bengals just letting him walk. And trading a #1 pick in top 5 simply isn't worth it, not with this year's receiver draft class.
Yeah, so unless we're trading our future 1, I don't see it either. So maybe Evans? He's old but maybe he gets us through a couple of seasons.

tag Higgins (at a projected F $21,664,000; T $19,398,000) when they are looking at both JaMarr Chase free agency in 2025 (though they will get a reprieve because they will exercise his fifth year option) & the big dollars in the Burrow contract kicking in at the same time? Thats steep... but crazier things have happened
Aglohor is like a cat fell right on his feet.. his team is the top seed in the AFC, likely superbowl bound, he stole money from NE ,and makes plays for the Ravens.
hes done crap in baltimore

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back