PATRIOTS NEWS Official 2024 Free Agency Thread - Day 3

Breaking New England Patriots Team News
Status
Not open for further replies.

DaBruinz

Pats, B's, Sox
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
So, today is the day when the real CHAOS of Free Agency Starts. Not the tampering of the last 2 days.

There is 1 player who already changed his mind in Will Lutz. It will be interesting to see if anyone else does.

Patriots still need a Free Safety.
A veteran CB to start opposite Gonzalez would be nice. (Hello Kendall Fuller or Stephon Gilmore)

It will be interesting to see if Sneed or Higgins are moved today.

I'm not sure which "CAP" number is the one that teams have to meet. The actual or effective.

Right now the Chargers, Bills, and Ravens all need to shed cap space, though the Chargers are in the worst predicament. Mack, Williams and Allen are all in the last year of their contracts. That means extension or having to trade/cut 2 of them. I don't envy their position.

Say it with me: Missed 37 games over the last 4 seasons. That means 9 games without him.. Hasn't played a full season in 8 years.

Yeah, I get frustrated when some folk online get so entrenched in their opinion of a player based purely on name recognition. It's the same when it comes to the draft and prospects measurables.

Say it with me: Missed 37 games over the last 4 seasons. That means 9 games without him.. Hasn't played a full season in 8 years.
If he comes for example on a one year deal I see no risk
You get a great experienced OT who can mentor the hopefully high picked rookie OT
You have no future cap hit

Jennings back on board is nice, dude was amazing vs the run. Now the team has brought back who they really needed to, think they’re set in that regard.

Now it’s time to really bring in external talent and upgrade positions, WR and T need to be attacked.

So, today is the day when the real CHAOS of Free Agency Starts. Not the tampering of the last 2 days.

There is 1 player who already changed his mind in Will Lutz. It will be interesting to see if anyone else does.

Patriots still need a Free Safety.
A veteran CB to start opposite Gonzalez would be nice. (Hello Kendall Fuller or Stephon Gilmore)

It will be interesting to see if Sneed or Higgins are moved today.

I'm not sure which "CAP" number is the one that teams have to meet. The actual or effective.

Right now the Chargers, Bills, and Ravens all need to shed cap space, though the Chargers are in the worst predicament. Mack, Williams and Allen are all in the last year of their contracts. That means extension or having to trade/cut 2 of them. I don't envy their position.
It would be nice to see Gilmore again in a Pats uniform.

So appears to be 55m left with essentially all major contributors from last year resigned or replaced minus myles Bryant ( zeke -> gibson, brown -> hooper, wilson -> takitaki) as well as low key additions in brisset and chuks (hopefully chuks becomes a GREAT addition). I think thats great shape to be in as we now begin to add talent.

Id still rather trade a future pick for wr than pay for someone like ridley or hollywood brown. I might do the same at ot if someone becomes available. You are most likely looking at spending a 1st or 2nd on those at some point so you might as well get a proven talent and use your cap space since you have it.

Edit: may be around 50m after Jennings resigned . Still alot

Last edited:
Jennings deal. Need more details about the "incentives"

Ok we need a tackle and 2 WRs today.
Maybe trade GM Judon?
Justin Fields or another QB signed?

Maybe one more linebacker?
Another Safety?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle