PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Zeke Elliot suspended 6 games.

The funny thing is - and I don't think most people realize this - Article 46 has been in the NFL CBA for about 50 years. It isn't something that was surreptitiously inserted into the current document.

It was simply never a problem when men of integrity such as Pete Rozelle (arguably the greatest commissioner of all time in any sport) and Paul Tagliabue (not as good of a commissioner, but still an honorable man) held office.
I remember Roselle forced Joe Namath to divest himself of and ownership position in a bar because it was associated with known gamblers. Nowadays, you can buy overpriced beer at the draft king bar at Gillette.

Interesting little nugget from the investigation....

On the Zeke Elliott Suspension: Even a Liar Can Be Beaten and Choked

>>>>>
‘Thompson says she and Elliott had been dating for about a year and that the couple lived together in an apartment for three months, from November 2015 to January 2016, when Thompson moved back home to her parents’ house and Elliott left for Miami for training before the draft. A month or two later, Thompson moved into an apartment in Dublin, a suburb of Columbus. Thompson says that Elliott paid the rent for her apartment, as well as her car payments. “He pays everything,” she wrote in her statement.”<<<<<<<<<<<<

He was a college athlete. Where did he get the money to pay for”everything”?????? They are limited in what they can earn by NCAA and I don't recall reading that his family was extremely wealthy.. so.... did OSU pay him????
I'm not naive but can they sweep this away????

Interesting little nugget from the investigation....

On the Zeke Elliott Suspension: Even a Liar Can Be Beaten and Choked

>>>>>
‘Thompson says she and Elliott had been dating for about a year and that the couple lived together in an apartment for three months, from November 2015 to January 2016, when Thompson moved back home to her parents’ house and Elliott left for Miami for training before the draft. A month or two later, Thompson moved into an apartment in Dublin, a suburb of Columbus. Thompson says that Elliott paid the rent for her apartment, as well as her car payments. “He pays everything,” she wrote in her statement.”<<<<<<<<<<<<

He was a college athlete. Where did he get the money to pay for”everything”?????? They are limited in what they can earn by NCAA and I don't recall reading that his family was extremely wealthy.. so.... did OSU pay him????
I'm not naive but can they sweep this away????

It sounds like he rented the apartment after the draft, or shortly around the time of the draft. It is a typical practice for sports agents to "loan" money to their clients ahead of negotiating their first contract.

The whole story is an interesting read, in the immortal words of Fitzy, "she obviously doesn't need a sherpa to find the top of Mt. Crazy", and her blatant lies about what happened in front of numerous witnesses, and the fact that she got into a fight with another girl the night before, you can see why the DA wanted no part in pursuing this case in court. Any decent lawyer would have ripped her credibility to pieces.

All of that doesn't not disprove her allegations, that if true, make Elliott out to be a woman beating lunatic! If what she alleges did happen, then it is only a matter of time before Elliot does it again to another woman.

All and all, this is going to be another skid mark on Goodell's shield watch.

Make sense. I was thinking it was before his last year....... Here's the kicker, why didn't Goodell talk to each party?? How do you evaluate credibility without talking to them and assessing their answers......
What was it, Hanlon's Razor?? Never attribute to malice that which can be explained by incompetence...... NFL's example one.....
He may well have committed domestic violence but he is still entitled to a fair investigation.....
Something tells me Jerry Jones' response when all is said and done won't be Kraftesque......

Make sense. I was thinking it was before his last year....... Here's the kicker, why didn't Goodell talk to each party?? How do you evaluate credibility without talking to them and assessing their answers......
What was it, Hanlon's Razor?? Never attribute to malice that which can be explained by incompetence...... NFL's example one.....
He may well have committed domestic violence but he is still entitled to a fair investigation.....
Something tells me Jerry Jones' response when all is said and done won't be Kraftesque......

Because we all know that a Goodell led investigation start with a preconceived conclusion and then works backwards to achieve that conclusion. Logic, facts, 8th grade science, and reason have no place in Goodell led investigation.

It sickens me to say it, and after I say this I will gargle Clorox to purify my filthy mouth, but if the allegations in that article are correct, then the NFL office handled this in a pretty good fashion. Maybe the investigation shouldn't have taken as long as it did, but a 6 game suspension - with the threat of a lifetime suspension for a 2nd offense - is the best way they can handle this.

The biggest concern I have is that the accuser's credibility is indeed shot to hell by her own actions. I don't know how I feel about punishing someone on a "he said she said" basis when "she" has established herself as being a liar.

Truth is, I don't know how to feel about this case, beyond my thorough enjoyment of Cowboys' fans weeping and wailing.

Last edited:
Then enjoy the feeling you have and understand...one day you'll wake up find that insufferable stain on humanity, Rottendell, has taken the big adios train to Dirtnap City.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Back