Asking for your support

Mac or Zappe

• Zappe

• Mac

Results are only viewable after voting.

Disco Volante

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
Now that the Hoyer vs Zappe poll is over with...

When Mac is cleared to play again, who do you want starting?

Also, it must be mandated that MAC10 is never allowed to ever change his username to Zappe4 or anything related.

Zapppe he's undefeated as a Starter.:cool:

Still Mac’s job to lose. It would be a travesty if they gave up on him after 2 poor games in his second season in a completed revamped offense. Zappe has undeniably earned consideration and respect though. Mac’s grace period has shortened from another year to maybe another month. After that, it’s open competition.

I am looking forward to the opportunity to compete for my job.

For now it's still Mac but for no other reason than he is a year further along in his learning. So it makes sense to go back to Mac and give Zappe some more time to learn.

It should also make Mac take care of the football more.
Hopefully. If he doesn’t, he now knows he has a capable back-up breathing down his neck.

I’d like to see less dancing and talking as well. Hawt taek, but it seemed like Mac loved himself some Mac before leaving with injury. Shut your mouth unless you’ve made a play, stop dancing like a moron, and get back to playing some ball.

I still think Jones is the starter when healthy. He will have a shorter leash now. And if he cannot come back in the next few games, Zappe could make enough of a statement to take the job away. One great game isn't enough in my eyes.

I stated this in another thread. When the Pats played the Texans last year, many people were killing Belichick for drafting Jones and not drafting Mills in a later round because they were convinced Mills was going to be a star after he completed 21 of 29 passes for 312 yards, 3 TDs, and 0 INTs. Now Mills is in his last year as a starter and will likely be relegated to back up duty and replaced by a first round drafted QB next year.

If the process results in 2 capable albeit not great but good enough what's to hate.
I also hope Hoyer switches to the coaching phase of the Patriots.

Jones on a short leash. Bb knows best and im sure he’ll take full advantage of zappe’s success too from a motivational standpoint

Jones on a short leash. Bb knows best and im sure he’ll take full advantage of zappe’s success too from a motivational standpoint
That’s definitely one option. In my opinion this one is putting a lot of pressure on Mac. If he plays like the first 3 games and loses games how long do give him before benching him? If you bench him after that you can’t really put him back in if Zappe start playing bad.

My opinion is ride with the hot hand and let Zappe make the decision for you. best case scenario, Zappe will improve even more or continue to play great and you keep him as the starter or worst case, he start to suck and you put Mac back in.

I’d be lying if I said the thought of the Pats becoming an AFC contender with some unathletic late round QB that everyone else passed on repeatedly yet again isn’t immensely satisfying. But also extremely unlikely.

As we speak @venecol and @Triumph are creating multiple accounts to vote for more Zappe time.
Its time to change your avatar.

14dallas.1.190.jpg

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down