PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

YouTube TV in the lead for Sunday Ticket (UPDATED: Deal is Official)

I've been using YouTubeTV for several years now. I have never had any buffering issues as it seems to require only about 3 MBps, which might even work for DSL. The main reason I got this over Hulu+Live TV or FuboTV is the DVR function. I can record unlimited shows and they are kept for a year. I can watch/delay watch/re-watch Pats & Celtics games all I want, all while skipping over commercials & halftime. YouTubeTV did have NESN in the beginning but NESN wanted too much money for a "local" network so they dropped it.

About the only negative for me is that it determines your local network channels by your IP address and that forced me to have all the Portland, ME channels. I miss WCVB's news in the morning. Well, I do miss the Bruins, but I'm not paying $30/month for NESN+. When you see that price, you sorta understand why YouTubeTV dropped them.
$30/month for a single channel is ridiculous.
I hope that YouTube TV allows you to get a single game package.

We cut the cable a few years back. I have Prime Video with Peacock and Paramount+ as add ons so we get no commercials on what we watch. IT does mean we're delayed a day, but, honestly, the wife and I don't mind at all. Even taking into consideration the $149/yr for Prime and the additional $15 for the two channels, we're still paying $175/month less than when we had DirecTV or Spectrum.

Well, that's it for me and Sunday Ticket. It was a nice 15 year run.

I just don't have the same enthusiasm for the NFL as a League that I once did, so I sure am not switching over to YouTube TV.

interesting, looks like it’s only for customers in the US

Sweet Sweet Dancing GIF

@SammyBlueCat

$30/month for a single channel is ridiculous.
I hope that YouTube TV allows you to get a single game package.

We cut the cable a few years back. I have Prime Video with Peacock and Paramount+ as add ons so we get no commercials on what we watch. IT does mean we're delayed a day, but, honestly, the wife and I don't mind at all. Even taking into consideration the $149/yr for Prime and the additional $15 for the two channels, we're still paying $175/month less than when we had DirecTV or Spectrum.

I switched to YouTubeTV in 2019. That combined with Prime, Netflix, Hulu, ESPN+, HBOMax & Paramount+ means that I have way more TV than I'd ever be able to watch. :)

Even with all of these channels, with Hulu & ESPN+ free from Verizon and Netflix & HBOMax shared with my daughters, I'm paying less than the $240/month Spectrum wanted to charge me when I switched.

The good news is that it looks like you do not have to subscribe to YouTube TV to get it. You will be able to buy it ala carte via the YouTube Primetime Channels. I am guessing it will be more expensive to buy it that way, but it won't cost you $65 a month to subsribe to YouTube TV if you do not want that service.

The good news is that it looks like you do not have to subscribe to YouTube TV to get it. You will be able to buy it ala carte via the YouTube Primetime Channels. I am guessing it will be more expensive to buy it that way, but it won't cost you $65 a month to subsribe to YouTube TV if you do not want that service.
If this is the case and it is no more expensive than it already was, I might go this option. I am not paying for YouTubeTV but would consider the Sunday Ticket if I can just get that.

I switched over to YouTube TV a few months ago and am glad I did. I found that $65.00 per month (all in!), without the extra charges that cable had is a very competitive deal. At the time I changed over, Cable was charging me about $24 per month for my DVR and DVR Service and they also charged around $16 per month for a local channel sur charge. So this was $40 per month before I even began to pay for whatever TV Package I had and was ridiculous. The funny thing is that shortly after I switched over, Cable began making all kind of offers to me to come back but none of them were better than YouTube TV. There are no contracts with YTTV so if they get greedy, I'll shop around again. I have access to Celtics games that are not on regular TV through NBA Game Day. Because I have the Patriots and Celtics as favorites, any games on TV are automatically recorded and put into my "Library" and I can watch or re-watch them at anytime. YTTV is also loaded with all kinds of College Football choices including a lot of BC games that I can watch here in NC.

Lastly, there is no limit as to what and how many shows you can record and once you choose a regularly broadcast show to be recorded all the rest of them are automatically recorded.

If we can just pay for the season that would be awesome. No need for the entire package in this house. We have prime, netflix and over the air TV. That's plenty.

Youtube?

If this is restricted to their 3 stream limit they are gonna be leaving a **** of money on the table. A lot of people will be signing up because they have multi-monitor setups when they realize they are restricted to 3 games. they'll be cancelling.

Youtube?

If this is restricted to their 3 stream limit they are gonna be leaving a **** of money on the table. A lot of people will be signing up because they have multi-monitor setups when they realize they are restricted to 3 games. they'll be cancelling.
Look upthread, there is ways around this, albeit at an increased cost. Currently, Sunday ticket is limited to 1 game so this is an improvement even at only 3.

Youtube?

They limit you to 3 simultaneous streams, meaning you have the app active at as many locations as you want, but only 3 of them can use it at the same time. This is not a problem for most of us. I could see it being a problem for a large family, especially is they all want to stream something different at the same time. Then again, I'm an old fart with lousy eyesight, so watching anything on my cell is not an option. :)

Yay! The only thing that could have been better is Amazon winning the package as I already pay for PRIME anyway.

But Amazon doesn’t have live TV and I would be subscribing to something to get local TV channels anyway. I cannot have an antenna where I live (mountains block some major stations like NBC).

Gonna be putting my TV on wheels, baby!!!! Move it around all over inside the house and outside as well!!! Yay!!

Any idea what its going to cost?

YouTube TV is about $75/mo stand-alone which gets you local network channels and most basic cable channels…like TNT, TBS, CNN, etc…occasionally they have disputes with AMC and black that channel out until a deal is reached.

Then ST should be about $65-70/mo. FOR FULL ACCESS (e.g. Redzone, Fantasy Zone, multiple device access, etc…).

YT also will be selling it as a stand-alone without YTTV. But I like YTTV a lot…their basic package includes NBA TV as well as UNLIMITED DVR….I am talking about the ability to even record an entire series of shows including shows that aired in the past….

DirecTV breaks it up over 5 months I think, so they basically add $60 a month to the bill. Hopefully YouTube TV would do the same. I'd be good with that, because it would mean I don't have to spend another $150 a month for the service and the additional equipment charges, which is significantly higher than the $65 a month YouTube TV would be (it would essentially be $125 per month).

My monthly bill with DirecTV (and I have the base service they permit to get this package) is like $205.00 per month. Which is ridiculous, especially since we don't really watch TV.

I pay $125/mo. just for the CHOICE package!!! My “new customer” deal expired. On top of that, I pay for ST, two mobile phones with AT&T, AT&T internet, and they are kind enough to give me a $20 “bundle discount”….what a joke!!!

With YTTV…I am looking at $130/mo. For football season plus whatever my home internet provider charges….I now can shop around for a cheaper option than AT&T’s fiber….not sure if there are better ISP options out there though.

Reactions: Ian
YouTube TV is about $75/mo stand-alone which gets you local network channels and most basic cable channels…like TNT, TBS, CNN, etc…occasionally they have disputes with AMC and black that channel out until a deal is reached.

I wonder if Youtube TV is priced different depending on the region, I pay $64.99 in the Philadelphia suburbs.

only a matter of time til NFL Football is all ppv...

For those of you that still have directv, I promise you won’t miss it. Three years ago I switched to youtubetv. Getting ready to switch over, I piled my equipment in the living room to return to directv. It amazed me how old and ridiculous all boxes and junk were. For sure, directv is past it’s time.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back