PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

YouTube TV in the lead for Sunday Ticket (UPDATED: Deal is Official)

Ian

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
Reaction score
One step closer to getting this dish off my roof :cool:

I just got it a couple weeks ago. It takes a little getting used to use the interface vs Spectrum but it's way cheaper
I do miss cable for sure, but it’s definitely really good in terms of streaming alternatives. I do find the broadcast on my tv is maybe 3-5 seconds delayed compared to what’s actually Live.

Reactions: Ian
Any idea what its going to cost?

Not too familiar with YouTube tv. If this happens, would we just need to subscribe to YouTube tv for 5 month per year and pay for the nfl ticket package?

I have YouTube TV and subscribe to ST via the streaming option on the Fire Stick. I would definitely welcome this.

I do miss cable for sure, but it’s definitely really good in terms of streaming alternatives. I do find the broadcast on my tv is maybe 3-5 seconds delayed compared to what’s actually Live.
Amazon cut theirs down to where there's hardly any lag between the game and the play-by-play. So that would also be my only concern. Hate seeing the play result pop up before it happens on TV. :cool:

Jeez , not another subscription service ?

considering that Direct TV was losing a lot of money, my guess is that’ll cost well north of $300

It will probably be at least what DirecTV charges at about $300. DirecTV uses it as a loss leader and basically sells it at cost (which they used to let you negotiate down). I read somewhere the $300 covers the cost of fees that DirecTV is charged over and above the yearly rights fee they pay the league. So that number is a fixed cost for whoever gets the package. YouTube could potentially eat that cost too in order to build up their subscription service.

The big question will be if they will just sell the Sunday ticket or follow the MLB and NBA model where you can subscribe to get just an individual team's games. For someone who is moving out of state this year, I am hoping they do the latter. I will definitely get the entire package if I have to, but I am not so sure I would if they let you buy ala carte.

All I want to know with any of these streaming services:

1. Do I get the local games? Celtics, Bruins, Patriots, UConn
2. Can I get Red Zone?
3. Can I get NFL Network?
4. Can I get ESPN?

$65 a month for YouTube TV... PLUS internet through Xfinity? Mmmm... nope.

I'll stick with my questionable internet streams...

...because, after all, how better to heighten the suspense of a football game, than...

rawImage.gif

...buffering. :whistle::poop:

All I want to know with any of these streaming services:

1. Do I get the local games? Celtics, Bruins, Patriots, UConn
2. Can I get Red Zone?
3. Can I get NFL Network?
4. Can I get ESPN?
I have youtubetv. You get Celtics and pats. No bruins and Sox, as they don’t have nesn- I separately do a Fubo subscription during baseball season for this unfortunately (and don’t care about hockey). No idea about UConn.
Yes you get redzone, nfl network, and espn.

I have youtubetv. You get Celtics and pats. No bruins and Sox, as they don’t have nesn- I separately do a Fubo subscription during baseball season for this unfortunately (and don’t care about hockey). No idea about UConn.
Yes you get redzone, nfl network, and espn.
Hmmm seems pretty close to what I am looking for. Uconn is usually on FS1/Fox where I believe most the Big East games will live. Does YouTube TV get FS1?

Hmmm seems pretty close to what I am looking for. Uconn is usually on FS1/Fox where I believe most the Big East games will live. Does YouTube TV get FS1?
Looks like it.

From my perspective, really the only thing I’m missing is NESN. Which is a big miss for me as a Sox fan, but it’s still worth it to have ytv because I get everything else and it’s a nice, user-friendly platform (easy to record and watch sports)

Attachments

• 4F82F380-EA1A-4E6A-AFAA-B458E731E6D1.png
    4F82F380-EA1A-4E6A-AFAA-B458E731E6D1.png
    1 MB · Views: 3
The Big East contract with Fox ends this year or next. They will almost certainly not be on Fox in the future since Fox just signed the B10 and B12.

So $65x4 plus $300? Best guess? $500-600 to watch at home. What would one spend at the sports bar/restaurant/uber/lyft for a season?

So $65x4 plus $300? Best guess? $500-600 to watch at home. What would one spend at the sports bar/restaurant/uber/lyft for a season?
DirecTV breaks it up over 5 months I think, so they basically add $60 a month to the bill. Hopefully YouTube TV would do the same. I'd be good with that, because it would mean I don't have to spend another $150 a month for the service and the additional equipment charges, which is significantly higher than the $65 a month YouTube TV would be (it would essentially be $125 per month).

My monthly bill with DirecTV (and I have the base service they permit to get this package) is like $205.00 per month. Which is ridiculous, especially since we don't really watch TV.

2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
Back