PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

You're Bob Kraft. Would you bring in Lamar or?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

What do you want next year?

• Mac Jones, Belichick

• Tom Brady 1 year deal, Belichick

• Lamar Jackson, Belichick

• Tom Brady 1 year deal, Sean Payton

• Lamar Jackson, Sean Payton

• Attempt to clear Ray Lewis' name on Patsfans forum

• Ray Lewis killed a guy

Results are only viewable after voting.
Ideally next year will be a go for a championship and build for the future year. It all depends on TB12 and Mac's willingness to participate. Bring in Brady to work with a new OC and mentor Mac to take over after winning the super bowl. If Brady was willing and Mac was not substitute Zappe for the development QB.

Ideally next year will be a go for a championship and build for the future year. It all depends on TB12 and Mac's willingness to participate. Bring in Brady to work with a new OC and mentor Mac to take over after winning the super bowl. If Brady was willing and Mac was not substitute Zappe for the development QB.
And people thought Brady’s final year in New England was average; he didn’t have the talent around him then so he left . he would never subject himself to this current disaster.

The pipe dream is that Brady comes back for one more prove-it year, with O'Brien at OC, and Jones is willing to sit for a year and have some of this damage un-done.

Realistically, the coaching situation is irrelevant because Jones isn't good enough to be beat any teams of import. We're stuck in QB pergutory like 2/3 of the teams in the league at any point of time.

Agreed Brady has no obligation to prove anything to anybody

Yes of course, what kind of question is this?

It's interesting seeing everyones thoughts on this.

It's clear after 3/4 years of subpar play that we can't build up another championship team using methods that worked in 2001.

Rules are tilted to favour the offense, so even great D now struggles against elite QB/WR play. Game manager QBs with good but not great WR are a thing of the past if you want to keep up with todays top teams.

The reality is probably that we have a new OC next year and that's the extent of the changes. Let's be honest, we need seismic changes now, or we are just wasting time floundering in mediocrity, with no high draft picks to change a thing.

Tom Brady is not coming back and not sure how better he would make this team anyway. Bring back BOB or some other competent OC and improve the OLine

I would offer the Chargers whatever they want for Herbert I don’t care if it was 5 1sts and I would sleep like a baby.
With this offensive line, he wouldn’t do well. Unfortunately, you need a Lamar Jackson or a Josh Allen or a Patrick Mahomes to weather seasons with a group like this. Let’s be honest, Brady would have lost his mind by now.

I don’t expect to get Lamar because he will definitely get franchised.

Kraft definitely needs to do something before there is a mass exit from Gillette

I remember the lean years of the 80’s when it was difficult to fill the stadium.

There was an urban legend back then about a guy who couldn’t find anyone to take his tickets.

This guy got called into work & he could not find anyone to take his tickets for free.

When he got to work at a breakfast restaurant, he put the tickets under his windshield wipers and parked in front of the entrance, so the tickets would be easy to see.

When he got out of work, he had a good laugh. His two tickets were still there and someone added 4 other tickets under his wiper.

A friend grabbed tickets on Ticketmaster yesterday for last nights game. He got the tickets under the face value. There were thousands of tickets available.

I would be willing to bet, if nothing changes there will be a mass exit of season ticket holders. I have had mine for 35 years and I will keep them because I plan on passing them onto my son.

This happened to the Celtics after Bird retired. They had a 50 year waiting list that evaporated after bird retired. At one point the Celtics were offering $10 tickets, just to fill the stadium.

You keep Matt Patricia as the OC and you may see a tumbleweed roll across the parking lot at Gillette on game day.

No. No Lamar.

But I can envision Jonathan Kraft making calls to people he trusts to get their interpretation of what’s going wrong.

Dante, Bruschi, McGinest, you can come up with your own names.

Then reporting back to the Big Guy. And this would be preparation for the end of the season meeting with Belichick.

The Butler benching is being pinned on Patricia now? Belichick is/was the HC. It was up to him. Not defending Patricia on the other points.

Last edited:
90% of the reason I don't like Lamar is because my gut instinct from the way he looks is that he is mentally challenged. There I said it lol. I don't really want to root for someone that part of me has pity for. As a patriot fan, the majority of our players are extremely easy to like on a personal level. Very few criminals, dirty players, or just pure arrogant guys have been part of this team for long.
I think he's got the FAS (fetal alcohol syndrome).

With this offensive line, he wouldn’t do well. Unfortunately, you need a Lamar Jackson or a Josh Allen or a Patrick Mahomes to weather seasons with a group like this. Let’s be honest, Brady would have lost his mind by now.
Patricia would already be dead. Death by Microsoft Surface bludgeoning on the sideline.

• Winner
Reactions: Ian
Jimmy G

I don’t expect to get Lamar because he will definitely get franchised.

Kraft definitely needs to do something before there is a mass exit from Gillette

I remember the lean years of the 80’s when it was difficult to fill the stadium.

There was an urban legend back then about a guy who couldn’t find anyone to take his tickets.

This guy got called into work & he could not find anyone to take his tickets for free.

When he got to work at a breakfast restaurant, he put the tickets under his windshield wipers and parked in front of the entrance, so the tickets would be easy to see.

When he got out of work, he had a good laugh. His two tickets were still there and someone added 4 other tickets under his wiper.

A friend grabbed tickets on Ticketmaster yesterday for last nights game. He got the tickets under the face value. There were thousands of tickets available.

I would be willing to bet, if nothing changes there will be a mass exit of season ticket holders. I have had mine for 35 years and I will keep them because I plan on passing them onto my son.

This happened to the Celtics after Bird retired. They had a 50 year waiting list that evaporated after bird retired. At one point the Celtics were offering $10 tickets, just to fill the stadium.

You keep Matt Patricia as the OC and you may see a tumbleweed roll across the parking lot at Gillette on game day.
I was saying this same stuff last year after the coach kept providing he could not beat good teams and competent QBs.....there are not as many garbage QBs anymore and offenses have changed a d improved across the nfl so Bill's preferred "make the other team drive 10-12 plays for a TD and they're bound to turn it over and make mistakes half the time" defense does not work anymore

90% of the reason I don't like Lamar is because my gut instinct from the way he looks is that he is mentally challenged. There I said it lol. I don't really want to root for someone that part of me has pity for. As a patriot fan, the majority of our players are extremely easy to like on a personal level. Very few criminals, dirty players, or just pure arrogant guys have been part of this team for long.
Some thoughts are better left unsaid.

It looks like Bill is not going to catch Shula. Maybe it is time to retire.

Shula 347-173-6
Belichick 327-162 (as of week 13, 2022)

Including the last five games this season, 17 in 2023, and 17 more in 2024....pretty sure BB can get 21+ wins before 2025.

I'd like to see what we do with 50M in free agency and with another draft.

I like Zappe.. but I suppose this scenario is with more win-now mode choices. Zappe is probably even further away than Mac from winning a SB, given his even more limited playbook.
I understand this has been discussed ad nauseum, but Zappe - on a solidly empirical basis: the data - has outplayed Mac this year. (I hear all the fanboy demurrals, but these are the facts). Therefore, I do think Zappe has earned another legit look at some point. That said, finding out what - if anything - we really have in Mac is a higher priority, given the investment in terms of draft stock. The wrinkle is that until Bill comes to his senses and gets rid (asap) of the twin disasters Matt and Joe, we cannot get a definitive look at Mac's potential.

That is why, in order to break up this ridiculous log jam, Bill needs to fire the two coaches TODAY. Otherwise we will know no more at the end of the year, really, than we knew at the beginning. Some will say it is too late, that no meaningful change can be made in the short time remaining. I disagree. Essentially, the offense at this point has NO NFL-worthy coaching whatever, and whatever something they are replaced with, that something must be better than the present nothing, and offer at least the prospect of a legit look at what Mac can or cannot do.

Bill has made a MAJOR mistake here. If he doesn't fix it, the Krafts ought to read him the riot act and put him on a d----d short leash.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down
Back