Votes: 44 41.5%
  • 4-5

Votes: 21 19.8%
  • More than 5

Votes: 4 3.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The difference between a bad and good decision sometimes comes down to an inch. I've rewatched that game three times and watched many plays in slow motion. The thing that sticks out to me was how calm Brady was. We say Atlanta wore down, and they did, but the windows Brady was throwing to were still tight. His accuracy in the fourth quarter was off the charts.

The play that made me shudder was the fade to Bennett in OT.

Yeah, but Alford has better hands than Beasley. Atlanta's coverage on Edelman on that play was perfect. Jules said he ran a bad route, I think he meant he should have angled a bit more to the right than running behind Alford and letting him be in the passing lane.

I thought Brady was better this year than last and maybe even 2014. Movement in the pocket was better, deep ball was better, TD/INT better, passer rating better. Still has good zip on the ball - see the out to Amendola and the sideline comeback to Hogan in the SB. I thought Hogan really came on at the end - much more consistent and varied production. He and Mitchell, with Gronk back - could make the receiving corps even better next year. The OL is young and improving. I still would like to see more of a run game - save Brady some hits.
I have to disagree slightly. I still feel 2014 was better. And 2015 Tom was surgical.

I have to disagree slightly. I still feel 2014 was better. And 2015 Tom was surgical.

He was through week 10 in '15. After that not really - but not due to him.

He was through week 10 in '15. After that not really - but not due to him.
I'm glad you added that last part because that's precisely why he struggled a bit after. But heck, even the coaches struggled after week 10 of 2015.

Last edited:
You did not include Zero as an option. This past season was not elite, although certain periods within games overcame other periods of abysmal play. Brady has had periods of obvious deteriorating play, in many games. Steady play used to be his claim to fame No more.

They won in spite of them. Even this Super bowl showed declines despite being his ultimate triumph and best. Period four and overtime superb performance, overcame abysmal play in 1st, 2nd, and most of the 3rd quarter.

We can expect the decline to continue that was noticeable this year. (If you care to look and view it clinically).

Time to put down the crack pipe. Brady went 14-1 and led them to the greatest win in football history, he was the best player in football this season as Matt Ryan went 13-5 and lost to Brady in the big game. The deterioration is in your mind not in his play,

Unbelievable.

We can expect the decline to continue that was noticeable this year. (If you care to look and view it clinically).

"Looking at it clinically...

5-pZzs.gif

...you really should get that mole checked out. " :)

I would more than gladly take this and def not out of the question

I think its realistic and I'd be thrilled to death with it.

Favre and Moon had All-Pro seasons at 40 and 41 respectfully. While everyone is different those guys were genetic freaks. With Tom's body the shape its in (major injury notwithstanding) he should be at that level- and then some.

At 42 and 43 are completely uncharted waters but again barring a severe injury he should give them great QB play in those years.

The future's so bright, I gotta wear shades.

4 is the number I keep coming back to, but I don't think his ability will be the reason he hangs them up, I think he will eventually decide he wants to spend as much time with his family as possible and having achieved everything possible in football he can call it a career.

I doubt it after you spend 2 months straight with your Family he will move onto something else. Maybe running his businesses and endorsement deals but being able to see his family more often sounds right.

BTW Giselle has grown on me.. she is amazing to look at. I know she is a Super Model but she seems hotter now than she did in the past. Brady and Giselle are taking something lol..

Brady has never been better this year, He always threw more accurate lasers than Manning ever could.. but this year he really worked on his touch passes going over the top of the defense.. and he basically at this point is the perfect passer and QB. The only thing that would make him more unstoppable is if he could avoid the rush like Rodgers/Wilson.. but at that point it would just be silly.

I voted for 2. Not that I think year 3 will be bad. I think two years of A+ and 1 of A- and Brady calls that "sucking." :)

I don't care, if it is one year more or five more, i'm just happy and proud to watch him. If its 1 year, 3, years, 5 years, i don't mind, the guys legacy is only going to grow.

3 years,
13,000 yards
76 TDs
ring #6

Hmmmm good question, honestly I thought last year he was throwing straight up missiles. This year I thought I saw some decreased zip. I thought it was pretty noticeable. Arm strength is overrated anyway, His is certainly still more than adequate. And obviously he is super accurate. I think he can give us 3 more years.

I doubt it after you spend 2 months straight with your Family he will move onto something else. Maybe running his businesses and endorsement deals but being able to see his family more often sounds right.

BTW Giselle has grown on me.. she is amazing to look at. I know she is a Super Model but she seems hotter now than she did in the past. Brady and Giselle are taking something lol..

I'm not suggesting he will become a couch potato I'm saying he won't want to dedicate every waking moment to football and miss his kids lives because he is still playing football. Brady will be running TB12 and living off of his Brand, just as Giselle does hers, but he will have the freedom to enjoy many of the things he sacrifices to be the GOAT.

You did not include Zero as an option. This past season was not elite, although certain periods within games overcame other periods of abysmal play. Brady has had periods of obvious deteriorating play, in many games. Steady play used to be his claim to fame No more.

They won in spite of them. Even this Super bowl showed declines despite being his ultimate triumph and best. Period four and overtime superb performance, overcame abysmal play in 1st, 2nd, and most of the 3rd quarter.

What was 2013 (87 rating)? How about the pick in the Super Bowl against the Panthers in 2005? How about both Super Bowls against the Giants?

Brady knows his craft, but he has never been perfect/surgical when he is getting dumped on his ass every play. When he gets pummelled (and the Falcons did pummel him, as did the Broncos last year in the AFC Championship) his game will not be perfect. He throws the occasional bad pick when he tries to force the issue because he has no time to throw and tries to get something going.

When the receivers did not get open in 2013, he forced passes out of frustration. It didn't happen often, but that problem and drops did affect his game. This year was worse than that in your assessment?

If a 112 rating with 2 picks to 28 TDs is not elite, then I am not sure when a season might meet your lofty expectations. Brady must be quite a disappointment with only 2007 a paltry 5 points higher. I'm not sure what your 'clinical' assessment might be based on, but feel free to provide some actual contrasting material to justify your position.

Hmmmm good question, honestly I thought last year he was throwing straight up missiles. This year I thought I saw some decreased zip. I thought it was pretty noticeable. Arm strength is overrated anyway, His is certainly still more than adequate. And obviously he is super accurate. I think he can give us 3 more years.

I noticed the exact same thing.

But in the SB he was throwing darts again.

Those were basically 35 yard outs he was tossing to DA. Very impressive

I think instead of being 1973 Nolan Ryan he is now 1990 Nolan.

He has it when he needs it.

Slightly OT - but what other player would cause an opposing player, leading 28-3 late in the 3rd - to look out on the field and say "But that's ....". I'm sorry, but that is a class of 1.

I almost selected 3, but you said realistic so I put 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes