Votes: 4 3.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

PatsBoy12

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
EDIT:

It’s hard to believe a week has passed since SB51. It’s hard to believe the game is only 60 minutes. It’s harder to believe I’ve been a Patriot for 17 years! What happens on that field with my teammates, in front of our family and fans, is almost impossible to describe. It’s mythical for me, and yet it’s real. And it’s why I’ll never stop as long as I’m able. #ROS

I know this has been discussed in many threads where his greatness was touched upon, but I wanted one definitive thread (if there isn't already one that I simply missed) to get everyone's realistic feeling on how many more years the GOAT has at ELITE-level. Whatever drop there's been has been so miniscule as to seemingly be non-existent at this point. We just witnessed probably the greatest and most career/player defining game in history last Sunday on the grandest sports stage. And we've heard reports that he is still very much adamant about at least five more, much to the chagrin of Mrs. Brady.

But we all know Father Time is undefeated. We have seen, as improbable as it seems as it relates to the GOAT, that players can go from tops to rapid decline in seemingly an instant. So, I'm curious to know what your opinion is... How many more ELITE years do you think Brady has left? When do you think we see the inevitable and he is forced to finally call it a career?

Last edited:
4 is the number I keep coming back to, but I don't think his ability will be the reason he hangs them up, I think he will eventually decide he wants to spend as much time with his family as possible and having achieved everything possible in football he can call it a career.

I'm thinking 3 more years at the level he's at now. Realistically the opportunity to win 1 more SB. I say this based on the way he has been training and taking care of himself.

I know this has been discussed in many threads where his greatness was touched upon, but I wanted one definitive thread (if there isn't already one that I simply missed) to get everyone's realistic feeling on how many more years the GOAT has at ELITE-level. Whatever drop there's been has been so miniscule as to seemingly be non-existent at this point. We just witnessed probably the greatest and most career/player defining game in history last Sunday on the grandest sports stage. And we've heard reports that he is still very much adamant about at least five more, much to the chagrin of Mrs. Brady.

But we all know Father Time is undefeated. We have seen, as improbable as it seems as it relates to the GOAT, that players can go from tops to rapid decline in seemingly an instant. So, I'm curious to know what your opinion is... How many more ELITE years do you think Brady has left? When do you think we see the inevitable and he is forced to finally call it a career?

You did not include Zero as an option. This past season was not elite, although certain periods within games overcame other periods of abysmal play. Brady has had periods of obvious deteriorating play, in many games. Steady play used to be his claim to fame No more.

They won in spite of them. Even this Super bowl showed declines despite being his ultimate triumph and best. Period four and overtime superb performance, overcame abysmal play in 1st, 2nd, and most of the 3rd quarter.

We can expect the decline to continue that was noticeable this year. (If you care to look and view it clinically).

You did not include Zero as an option. This past season was not elite, although certain periods within games overcame other periods of abysmal play. Brady has had periods of obvious deteriorating play, in many games. Steady play used to be his claim to fame No more.

They won in spite of them. Even this Super bowl showed declines despite being his ultimate triumph and best. Period four and overtime superb performance, overcame abysmal play in 1st, 2nd, and most of the 3rd quarter.

We can expect the decline to continue that was noticeable this year. (If you care to look and view it clinically).
Never thought to look at it clinically before.

28-2 isn't a decline. They had to adjust without Gronk and new players (Bennett, Hogan, Mitchell) were worked in. Plus he missed 4 games and came back without missing a beat.

Everyone says it may have been his best year. I don't know what you saw but it wasn't TB that's for sure.

Are you positive you weren't watching Luck and the Colts?

you cant be serious. you need to follow your own advice and view it "clinically".
Brady #1 or #2 in HOW many different categories?
Brady #1 in nfl in intermediate throws.
Brady #1 in nfl in DEEP throws(20+ yds in air) THIS is the category that usually finishes older qbs-they can no longer make deep throws.
Im not going to list all the stats for you. The case can certainly be made this was Bradys BEST season.
only thing that was slightly off was, ironically ,the SHORT passes. He wasnt top 3 for maybe the 1st time ever. Dont see how that shows decline.

I thought Brady was better this year than last and maybe even 2014. Movement in the pocket was better, deep ball was better, TD/INT better, passer rating better. Still has good zip on the ball - see the out to Amendola and the sideline comeback to Hogan in the SB. I thought Hogan really came on at the end - much more consistent and varied production. He and Mitchell, with Gronk back - could make the receiving corps even better next year. The OL is young and improving. I still would like to see more of a run game - save Brady some hits.

I'm not sure which clinic you are viewing this from. :D

I expect either 2 or 3 years, but I answered 2 because he may decide to leave with any drop off in play. I do think he has perhaps lost a tiny bit off his fastball.

But the good thing for him is that throwing with more touch has made him very successful.

So, 3 or 3 years is my answer.

I really can't see him doing 4.

Talking about Brady's arm - they say when it starts to go you still have zip when the pocket is clean. It first shows up when you lose velocity when people are at your feet. So that will bear watching. Brady still has confidence in his arm. He tried to stick it into Edelman on that magic play - and I shudder every time I watch that play. That was a very bad decision that turned out well.

Talking about Brady's arm - they say when it starts to go you still have zip when the pocket is clean. It first shows up when you lose velocity when people are at your feet. So that will bear watching. Brady still has confidence in his arm. He tried to stick it into Edelman on that magic play - and I shudder every time I watch that play. That was a very bad decision that turned out well.

The difference between a bad and good decision sometimes comes down to an inch. I've rewatched that game three times and watched many plays in slow motion. The thing that sticks out to me was how calm Brady was. We say Atlanta wore down, and they did, but the windows Brady was throwing to were still tight. His accuracy in the fourth quarter was off the charts.

The play that made me shudder was the fade to Bennett in OT.

I said 4 at the Elite/GOAT level.

Due to his training regime he has increased his strength over the past 3 years. Hard to see that continuing, BUT it is reasonable that he can stay above his 35 yr old measurables for 4 more years. Of corse his decision making will not decline. I think 2 SB and 3 Chong finals are in the cards.

Of corse serious injury and his kids growing can change the calculation.

50 more reg season wins and 9 more playoff wins will create a record never to be equaled.

I'm guessing 2 more. More would not surprise me as he takes amazing care of his body, but the effects of aging can that.

Honestly, any elite years at this stage of his career, including the last few, are a complete bonus for us fans to enjoy.

Regards,
Chris

The O line is improving. A new crew of promising receivers including Mitchell and Hogan. Both OC and HC are staying. A ton of Cap space. Possibly additional picks from a JG trade. Jules has a few years left in him...hopefully (he plays hard). Gronk will be back.

Brady may have a better team next year. IIRC, this is one of the youngest teams in the league.

I voted for 3 but I really have no idea. But anything he does from now on is Gravy.

I'm so glad that my kids were able to witness what I witnessed before they were born. Hell they got to see the best SB yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back