PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Yet another Brady argument thread

Any honoring of Brady feels so hollow, letting him go was the most embarrassing/disgraceful decision in franchise history.

He has all the right to tell the franchise to **** off, just as they did to him.

He was 100% right to rub his ass in the organizations face for not believing in him while he was still playing at a high level and not only winning playoff games but a championship. Without a doubt. But he’s retired, and it’s professional for both Brady and Kraft to no longer look at the now (which isn’t relevant anymore) and instead honor the 19 years he was here.

Wrong

Beleichick made conditions so crappy after Brady asked for improvements. Specifically WR

Bullsh*t.

BB clearly tried to help by adding N'Keal Harry, Antonio Brown, and Mohamed Sanu but they all failed for various reasons.

But I believe it was Gronkowski's retirement that sunk the 2019 team. He was the GOAT of TE's and his loss tanked the offense and cost the team another super bowl run in 2019 -- the defense was good enough if the offense hadn't collapsed.

It's also notable the 2020 Bucs added back in Gronk and a temporarily sane Antonio Brown to an already good offense which was a dramatically better situation for Brady than the Pats had in 2019 or 2020.

Hilarious

You painted yourself in the corner by bringing up AB. If BB really wanted to fix the WR deficit he would have never waited until the 11th hour to get AB who he had no idea would be available. AB was a surprise in more ways than one.

Brady had NOBODY after Edelman was hurt. Cam had even less.

Good work.

Bullsh*t again.

You claimed BB didn't try. Nonsense. They dropped Demaryius Thomas from the roster only when AB became available. Josh Gordon also was on the preseason roster and they added Jakobi Meyers.

You are a piece of work. "Triumph of the Will" fan no doubt.

I’m sure the patriots tried. I wouldn’t use d Thomas and Josh Gordon’s as this amazing proof of how. The were awful at that point

Facts are that he wanted multi year guaranteed deals and they didnt offer that to him, denied for multiple offseasons in a row leading to the events in 2019. Offering WAY below market value for an elite player is not wanting them

Wait, how could he wait until the 11th hour if he had no idea if he was available? This is sub Crawbrady level trolling.

simon cowell facepalm GIF

at this point, y'all should be embarrassed for perpetuating this

My response is "HOW could they". In 2020 they had a $ONE million dollar QB and were STILL at the cap limit. Who would have had to go to pay a $25 million dollar QB with an already depleted roster.
Bob Kraft said they would've matched any offer.

Youre right Ring, every Beat reporter had the same info on the biggest decision in the teams history. Its all heresay

Just like they told you the offense was massively changed from 2021 to 2022, and you wrote that off too. Definitely working for you
Aha, diversion. Nice tactic.
I’d use that too if I was you.

The offense didn’t change massively last year, it was the same offense, implemented by a different set of cus he’s who used it differently. Just as I said all along.
Changing the offense and making changes within the framework of the offense are not the same thing.

simon cowell facepalm GIF

at this point, y'all should be embarrassed for perpetuating this
I told @Sicilian it would be page 3 before these knuckleheads ruined this feel good moment. @Ian moved all their ****ass comments to the Brady argue thread, which is a perfect place for them all to be banished, and yet here we are, regurgitating the same tired **** over and over again. The dude was in the retirement home video for chrissakes! He's coming home. Can't we be fekkin' happy about it ? No. These miserable, insufferable stooges have to continue to ***** about it. It's exhausting.

My response is "HOW could they". In 2020 they had a $ONE million dollar QB and were STILL at the cap limit. Who would have had to go to pay a $25 million dollar QB with an already depleted roster.
What do you mean how could they? They franchised Thuney, Signed McCourty and extended Chung all after Brady signed in Tampa
i don't understand WHY people just can't be happy for Tom. Happy that he got paid. Happy that he went to a team with a MUCH better roster. And happy that he won a superbowl there. There was no great conspiracy to get rid of him. It was simply a 18 year string of UNPRECEDENTED success that has simply run out of steam.....FINALLY. If he had come back that year on the upside we MIGHT have won a game or two more. but the more likely downside was he would have ended his career beaten up and with a losing record that would have been worse than the 8-9 record he had to close out his TB career, with a MUCH better roster in the weakest division in the NFL
Im very happy for him
Face it, his Time in NE had FINALLY run out. He was not going to stay here and be a bridge QB on a total rebuild of a team. His wife wasn't happy here. His relationship with Bill had run its course. Tell my why would he WANT to stay?
Why did he ask to?

Aha, diversion. Nice tactic.
I’d use that too if I was you.
Not really a diversion, its actually using your reasoning from a year ago to prove that its not very sound. When theres flames all over the place, theres fire
The offense didn’t change massively last year, it was the same offense, implemented by a different set of cus he’s who used it differently. Just as I said all along.
Changing the offense and making changes within the framework of the offense are not the same thing.
aha ok

Not really a diversion, its actually using your reasoning from a year ago to prove that its not very sound. When theres flames all over the place, theres fire

aha ok
Of course it’s a diversion. The discussion was about fact vs opinion and you diverted from that with a generic statement about what writers thought.
Is it that you don’t understand the difference between a fact and an opinion or that you don’t care?

It doesn’t really matter because ultimately Brady leaving was better for the team than him staying. They would not have won any more and they are in better shape going into 2023 than they would be if he stayed. See that is an opinion, but it’s one that’s awfully hard to refute.

I told @Sicilian it would be page 3 before these knuckleheads ruined this feel good moment. @Ian moved all their ****ass comments to the Brady argue thread, which is a perfect place for them all to be banished, and yet here we are, regurgitating the same tired **** over and over again. The dude was in the retirement home video for chrissakes! He's coming home. Can't we be fekkin' happy about it ? No. These miserable, insufferable stooges have to continue to ***** about it. It's exhausting.
It's f*** embarassing. That's a letterkenny reference and it's funnier if a winless hockey coach is screaming it.

I finally realized, it's off-season, there will be so many times when there's nothing on here bc the biggest flames eat all the oxygen. Nothing here unless you latch on to the biggest oxygen sink there is, that means the biggest controversy you can find, and on here, yay, of course that's the pure endless vitriol of "I'm mad at whoever we have left wah they lost Brady three years early" is the best outrage fuel we have now.

Funny, it's been a lifetime since winning didn't cure it all. A whole generation's grown up in this era. And it's also been the era of "whoever's the most outraged wins."

No wonder everybody seems like a 3-year-old these days. The medium rewards balling up your fists and bawling.

I'm just tuning it out. Too bad we couldn't celebrate a heartwarming little ceremony on here. I wonder how I'll feel about it when it happens. Shrug.

Of course it’s a diversion. The discussion was about fact vs opinion and you diverted from that with a generic statement about what writers thought.
Is it that you don’t understand the difference between a fact and an opinion or that you don’t care?

It doesn’t really matter because ultimately Brady leaving was better for the team than him staying. They would not have won any more and they are in better shape going into 2023 than they would be if he stayed. See that is an opinion, but it’s one that’s awfully hard to refute.
Would not have won anymore? LMAO You think they would have had the same 3 year record if Brady played? I would say thats pretty easy to refute.

He wanted a 2 year deal. Bill offered him one for 12 mil. I would have left too.

Wrong. Belichick offered Brady 2 years/50 million. Brady didn’t want to play here anymore, and made that abundantly clear. And Belichick wanted to start remaking the team for life after Brady.

i don't understand WHY people just can't be happy for Tom. Happy that he got paid. Happy that he went to a team with a MUCH better roster. And happy that he won a superbowl there. There was no great conspiracy to get rid of him. It was simply a 18 year string of UNPRECEDENTED success that has simply run out of steam.....FINALLY. If he had come back that year on the upside we MIGHT have won a game or two more. but the more likely downside was he would have ended his career beaten up and with a losing record that would have been worse than the 8-9 record he had to close out his TB career, with a MUCH better roster in the weakest division in the NFL

Face it, his Time in NE had FINALLY run out. He was not going to stay here and be a bridge QB on a total rebuild of a team. His wife wasn't happy here. His relationship with Bill had run its course. Tell my why would he WANT to stay?
They COULD but it would have involved decimating the surrounding team even further. The team that ended 2019 wasn’t good enough and subtraction without adding anyone would have made it worse. It would just be now that we could rebuild.

Would not have won anymore? LMAO You think they would have had the same 3 year record if Brady played? I would say thats pretty easy to refute.
They wouldn’t have won SB. The team that was here also wouldn’t have been here if 75 mill went to Brady.
If you think he should have stayed for 3 seasons of competing for a playoff spot but going nowhere, that’s just emotion and sentiment.

Bob Kraft said they would've matched any offer.
If that's true, then it only goes to make my point. Brady LEFT, he wasn't booted out in some vast conspiracy. He did what was best for Tom Brady at that time. Which was to go play for a more superbowl ready team down south. When he signed with the Buc's I thought it was the best situation for him. Maybe SF might have been as good, going home and all that.

If that's true, then it only goes to make my point. Brady LEFT, he wasn't booted out in some vast conspiracy. He did what was best for Tom Brady at that time. Which was to go play for a more superbowl ready team down south. When he signed with the Buc's I thought it was the best situation for him. Maybe SF might have been as good, going home and all that.
Only Bob, Bill and Tom know the truth. We've heard all kinds of stories regarding this. In fact, there was a rumor that Tom was going to retire after the Super Bowl against the Eagles he was so upset with Bill.

After all the rumors I think Tom initially wanted to retire a Patriot prior to the 2019 season and got in contact with the Dolphins when Bill wouldn't sign him to a multi year extension. Tom packed it in after AB got cut and was ready to move on. Sanu getting injured was the nail in the coffin. His body language/actions during the 2019 season was very unprofessional with him continually yelling and laughing at N'Keal Harry's mistakes. You've got think that's going to do a number on a young guy's confidence. Myers was shut out and the offense revolved around Edelman, Sanu and White. Then it was Edelman and White.

What do you mean how could they? They franchised Thuney, Signed McCourty and extended Chung all after Brady signed in Tampa
EXACTLY- I couldn't have made MY point better myself. That was a sorry assed roster to begin with, and it would have been worse with NONE of the players you mentioned would have been on the team IF Brady signed here

Why would Brady want to play on a team which DIDN'T have those 3 players on it and no room to sign FA's IIRC didn't they have to make some contract adjustments that year just to get their rookies signed?

BTW- you asked me how do I know that Brady left on his own free will? I could ask you the same, how do you know that he didn't? I'm just putting all the little clues together to make a likely guess.

1. Does a great QB who has just a couple of years left want to play for a rebuilding program with no cap room. CHECK

2. Does your wife and to some degree you, want to move to warmer climes. Check

3. Did you put your house up for sale BEFORE the 2019 season began. Check

4. You love him, but isn't there a growing disconnect between you and your HC CHECK

This team did EVERYTHING in its power to make Tom happy and give him his best chance of winning. They signed AB, they traded and overpaid for Sanu, and drafted a WR in the first. NONE of those deals worked out, but they were TRYING.

If you don't get it by this time then you are just trolling me (and it worked....for now). Now's you change to make an equally compelling case on why Tom was desperate to stay. but was forced out. Ball's in your court

Any honoring of Brady feels so hollow, letting him go was the most embarrassing/disgraceful decision in franchise history.

He has all the right to tell the franchise to **** off, just as they did to him.

The franchise did no such thing. Seriously, STOP trying to re-write history. You're only embarrassing yourself with posts like this.

At the end of the day, Krafty had the power to keep Brady here but didn't. He's the guy responsible, and now he is desperate to butt-kiss him with this ceremony.

Seriously. STFU. You don't have the first clue WTF you're talking about.

There is NOTHING desperate about this and you saying so is wishful thinking on your lame arse part.

He wanted a 2 year deal. Bill offered him one for 12 mil. I would have left too.
You don't know WTF you are talking about. Brady wanted a 3 year deal after 2018.

Wrong. Belichick offered Brady 2 years/50 million. Brady didn’t want to play here anymore, and made that abundantly clear. And Belichick wanted to start remaking the team for life after Brady.
After 2019 is when they offered the 2yr/50, but Brady and Gronk were already set to go to Tampa by the time it was offered.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back