PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Yet another Brady argument thread

After 2019 is when they offered the 2yr/50, but Brady and Gronk were already set to go to Tampa by the time it was offered.
I've been saying it for a while now. Why did the Dolphins lose a draft pick if Brady was so willing to stay. The Patriots knew he wasn't going to sign! Why go overboard to sign an aged out QB, and kill your team in the future?

Bullsh*t again.

You claimed BB didn't try. Nonsense. They dropped Demaryius Thomas from the roster only when AB became available. Josh Gordon also was on the preseason roster and they added Jakobi Meyers.

You are a piece of work. "Triumph of the Will" fan no doubt.
You Belichick apologist are comedy gold.

Josh Gordon? HAHAHA When he wasnt in rehab, he was in Foxboro because nobody wanted his axx.

Brady knew that the pass game was in trouble and was ecstatic when AB was signed. Brady actually let AB live at his house so that they could work together ASAP. Meyers was nothing special but 5th and 6th WR filler. Gunner was a wannabe. Harry was slow as molasses when he wasnt injured for some ailment.

Old Ben Watson, Ryan Izzo and Matt Lacosse were Gronks replacements.

Dorsett was a BUST in Indy and I recall a game in 2019 ( fairly certain is was @ Jets) where Dorsett ran the wrong route on a 3rd down. Brady was so mad that when he came to the bench, he said that he was DONE with Dorsett for the remainder of the game. That means 0 passes the remainder of the game and limited looks in remaining games.

The problem is that you BB Bull5hit artists cannot pass off your revisionist history as fact to people like me who know the truth.

Wait, how could he wait until the 11th hour if he had no idea if he was available? This is sub Crawbrady level trolling.
The point is that little to nothing was done to fix the Pats WR quality.

BB had to sign AB.

Only Bob, Bill and Tom know the truth. .
Edited... Out of them all involved,you are the most intelligent... Why do you get dragged in every time?

* Sigh * don't bother answering...

Just can't, won't let this event get ruined

Another thread gets ignored because some people just don't get it... It's over, dontcha know?

Last edited:
Any honoring of Brady feels so hollow, letting him go was the most embarrassing/disgraceful decision in franchise history.

He has all the right to tell the franchise to **** off, just as they did to him.
Brady wouldn't and shouldn't tell the team to eff off.

LOL @ people fighting on this thread, and it's not even based off something I said...

: popcorn:

You don't know WTF you are talking about. Brady wanted a 3 year deal after 2018.
Brady always wanted to finish his career here or he wouldn't have kept looking for extensions.

Only Bob, Bill and Tom know the truth. We've heard all kinds of stories regarding this. In fact, there was a rumor that Tom was going to retire after the Super Bowl against the Eagles he was so upset with Bill.

After all the rumors I think Tom initially wanted to retire a Patriot prior to the 2019 season and got in contact with the Dolphins when Bill wouldn't sign him to a multi year extension. Tom packed it in after AB got cut and was ready to move on. Sanu getting injured was the nail in the coffin. His body language/actions during the 2019 season was very unprofessional with him continually yelling and laughing at N'Keal Harry's mistakes. You've got think that's going to do a number on a young guy's confidence. Myers was shut out and the offense revolved around Edelman, Sanu and White. Then it was Edelman and White.

There was also a rumor that Belichick was going to retire if they won the Super Biwl against the Eagles, it came from Jim Nantz on air before the broadcast. But here’s the thing, it was February 2005, and Nantz was claiming Belichick didn’t want to diss Lombardi by winning more Super Biwls than him. So that’s what a rumor will get you, total ********. Nantz is such a putt.

Edited... Out of them all involved,you are the most intelligent... Why do you get dragged in every time?

* Sigh * don't bother answering...

Just can't, won't let this event get ruined

Another thread gets ignored because some people just don't get it... It's over, dontcha know?

I was just mentioning we don't know what happened. Not sure what's so triggering about that this time.

I've been saying it for a while now. Why did the Dolphins lose a draft pick if Brady was so willing to stay. The Patriots knew he wasn't going to sign! Why go overboard to sign an aged out QB, and kill your team in the future?
Dolphins lost a draft pick because they talked to Brady before his contract was officially up.

EXACTLY- I couldn't have made MY point better myself. That was a sorry assed roster to begin with, and it would have been worse with NONE of the players you mentioned would have been on the team IF Brady signed here

Why would Brady want to play on a team which DIDN'T have those 3 players on it and no room to sign FA's IIRC didn't they have to make some contract adjustments that year just to get their rookies signed?

BTW- you asked me how do I know that Brady left on his own free will? I could ask you the same, how do you know that he didn't? I'm just putting all the little clues together to make a likely guess.

1. Does a great QB who has just a couple of years left want to play for a rebuilding program with no cap room. CHECK

2. Does your wife and to some degree you, want to move to warmer climes. Check

3. Did you put your house up for sale BEFORE the 2019 season began. Check

4. You love him, but isn't there a growing disconnect between you and your HC CHECK

This team did EVERYTHING in its power to make Tom happy and give him his best chance of winning. They signed AB, they traded and overpaid for Sanu, and drafted a WR in the first. NONE of those deals worked out, but they were TRYING.

If you don't get it by this time then you are just trolling me (and it worked....for now). Now's you change to make an equally compelling case on why Tom was desperate to stay. but was forced out. Ball's in your court
I'm butting in here, sorry, but Tom was looking for something that he didn't get. Maybe it was unreasonable or maybe not so much. We don't know.

EXACTLY- I couldn't have made MY point better myself. That was a sorry assed roster to begin with, and it would have been worse with NONE of the players you mentioned would have been on the team IF Brady signed here

Why would Brady want to play on a team which DIDN'T have those 3 players on it and no room to sign FA's IIRC didn't they have to make some contract adjustments that year just to get their rookies signed?

BTW- you asked me how do I know that Brady left on his own free will? I could ask you the same, how do you know that he didn't? I'm just putting all the little clues together to make a likely guess.

1. Does a great QB who has just a couple of years left want to play for a rebuilding program with no cap room. CHECK

2. Does your wife and to some degree you, want to move to warmer climes. Check

3. Did you put your house up for sale BEFORE the 2019 season began. Check

4. You love him, but isn't there a growing disconnect between you and your HC CHECK

This team did EVERYTHING in its power to make Tom happy and give him his best chance of winning. They signed AB, they traded and overpaid for Sanu, and drafted a WR in the first. NONE of those deals worked out, but they were TRYING.

If you don't get it by this time then you are just trolling me (and it worked....for now). Now's you change to make an equally compelling case on why Tom was desperate to stay. but was forced out. Ball's in your court
I am not refuting any of this at this point, you asked HOW could they, I showed you they could. They made the decision not to. Whether it was right or wrong is not something im arguing here

Last edited:
Of course it’s a diversion. The discussion was about fact vs opinion and you diverted from that with a generic statement about what writers thought.
Is it that you don’t understand the difference between a fact and an opinion or that you don’t care?
You have 0 idea of what happened in negotiations for a multiple year stretch. You getting a % of the story and calling it fact is no different then what Im doing. Beat writers and guys who have covered the team for decades, all had the same info on Bradys wanted, what the Patriots offered (or what the didnt), and how things went South. To just completely erase all of that info because you didnt see it happen is kind of bizarre
It doesn’t really matter because ultimately Brady leaving was better for the team than him staying. They would not have won any more and they are in better shape going into 2023 than they would be if he stayed. See that is an opinion, but it’s one that’s awfully hard to refute.
I am not arguing that, never have...Totally different debate. It definitely is arguable though

You have 0 idea of what happened in negotiations for a multiple year stretch. You getting a % of the story and calling it fact is no different then what Im doing. Beat writers and guys who have covered the team for decades, all had the same info on Bradys wanted, what the Patriots offered (or what the didnt), and how things went South. To just completely erase all of that info because you didnt see it happen is kind of bizarre

I am not arguing that, never have...Totally different debate. It definitely is arguable though
Well you are getting there. You admit you know 0 about what happened. The piece you are mossing is this discussion is about you saying you do and Mr saying you don’t. You’ve just painted yourself into a corner.

Fact: Brady chose to leave. Opinion: it was someone else’s fault. Lie: everyone covering the team knew what happened behind the scenes and all wrote the same story.

I think we can be done now, the discussion is resolved.

I am not refuting any of this at this point, you asked HOW could they, I showed you they could. They made the decision not to. Whether it was right or wrong is not something im arguing here
Any team ever could have afforded any player ever.
That doesn’t mean every team ever could sign any player ever.
Especially those that negotiate with division rivals while under contract a couple of months after winning your 3 SB in 4 trips over 5 years. Greatest 5 year run in NFL history and the player, under contract, is negotiating a way out, and people argue he was forced out. Out of touch with reality.

Especially those that negotiate with division rivals while under contract a couple of months after winning your 3 SB in 4 trips over 5 years. Greatest 5 year run in NFL history and the player, under contract, is negotiating a way out, and people argue he was forced out. Out of touch with reality.
The fact is that the owner did whatever he could to secure Bledsoe in 2001 with lots of rhetoric about being a career Patriot and comparing Drew to the other Boston GOATS.

And he did not for Brady who actually earned and deserved that treatment, deferring to Belichick and pretending it was above his pay grade or something. "I hope so. I pray so." WTF. Was Robert afraid of losing Belichick? It's more "This is the way we do things here and we are not going to change what {"}works{"}." Like the flying elvis.

Yes even after putting his house up for sale and having a very unhappy season, Tom still approached Kraft at the end to see if he'd do anything to keep him. Of course, Robert didn't.

The fact is that the owner did whatever he could to secure Bledsoe in 2001 with lots of rhetoric about being a career Patriot and comparing Drew to the other Boston GOATS.

And he did not for Brady who actually earned and deserved that treatment, deferring to Belichick and pretending it was above his pay grade or something. "I hope so. I pray so." WTF. Was Robert afraid of losing Belichick? It's more "This is the way we do things here and we are not going to change what {"}works{"}." Like the flying elvis.

Yes even after putting his house up for sale and having a very unhappy season, Tom still approached Kraft at the end to see if he'd do anything to keep him. Of course, Robert didn't.
Bledsoe wanted to stay Brady didn’t. Eliminate the part you made up and are trying to convince people is real and there is no mystery.

Brady did not approach Kraft to see if he would do anything to keep him. Brady met with Kraft to say he was gone and Kraft asked if there was anything he could do and Brady said nope.

Bledsoe wanted to stay Brady didn’t. Eliminate the part you made up and are trying to convince people is real and there is no mystery.

Brady did not approach Kraft to see if he would do anything to keep him. Brady met with Kraft to say he was gone and Kraft asked if there was anything he could do and Brady said nope.
Do you think Brady, at some point including any time in 2019, would have turned down 3 or 4 years guaranteed, for example?

Offered more money, I think Drew would have taken it and gone.

You keep skipping 2 years of negotiations, why? Pretty important to the entire story.

Last edited:
Tom still approached Kraft at the end to see if he'd do anything to keep him. Of course, Robert didn't.
Other than....
The Brady McMansion being on the market for a year
The wife interviewing schools in multiple states
The moving truck emptying the McMansion at seasons end
Brady *****ing a moaning about the lack of talent and his personal misery
And (I'm projecting) after serving a decade-plus sentence, a wife fervently demanding extraction away from the Housewives of Brookline

Sure...why not
What ever gets you through your night terrors

As an alternative coping mechanism, have you considered a comfort dog?

Hug GIF by The BarkPost

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Back