PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Yahoo via WBZ: RCA Dome Security Guard admits sound enhanced

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want last years AFC Championship game back.

Did he say that about Sundays Patriots game? No I didn't read the stories because (1) I value my time and (2) I'm tired of the whining about crowd noise.

LOL ! you value your time so your posting messages on a sports message board?

your tired of whining about crowd noise so your reading threads about it?

get real !

You value your time so much that you'er posting about crowd noise over and over and reading the posts of a bunch of internet unknowns, but you don't bother reading what people who play and coach the game have to say about the very subject? Brilliant! Your being at the game doesn't mean a damned thing as far as any problems the Patriots had with the crowd noise. And, just as an example, you have no idea how, if at all, crowd noise affected that first Mathis sack.

You have no idea if it did affect that sack. Did Shanahan say anything about Sundays game? Having read many of your posts I know what you put in them doesn't mean a dam thing.

Re: WBZ via Yahoo: RCA Dome Security Guard admits sound enhanced

yeah a security guard would know everything that goes on there. no im not being sarcastic.

I would think it'd take more than 1 security guard to really start something. Who knows what his situataion is. He may be a disgruntled employee. I was at the game and I didn't suspect any extra crowd noise. As I posted in another thread, I don't think the RCA Dome is the loudest dome I've been in. Both Minneapolis and Atlanta seemed louder to me although that can be somewhat due to where I sat. Maybe the people around me were louder at those dome's, I don't know. But I didn't suspect the crowd noise was artificial.

There is no way one of the security guards would know if the Colts were doing anything like this. The guys working security at the games are the same yellow security jacket wearing guys that work security for concerts and get paid $9 an hour to tackle guys that run out onto the field. Ya that would know. :rolleyes:

Think about it for a minute, I mean come on, really???

The guy is either talkin' out his @rse or he was yanking that guys chain. I'm guessing that latter.

Ok so what exactly did Tom mean when he said "SIMULATION of the crowd noise" during the D&C interview on Monday?

http://media.putfile.com/Tom-said-what

Last edited:

Ok so what exactly did Tom mean when he said "SIMULATION of the crowd noise" during the D&C interview on Monday?

http://media.putfile.com/Tom-said-what

I think he's talking about the simulated crowd noise in the Dana Farber Field House during practice. D+C remembered the same thing yesterday but then came to the same conclusion.

The guys working security at the games are the same yellow security jacket wearing guys that work security for concerts and get paid $9 an hour to tackle guys that run out onto the field.

Isn't $9 an hour considered great pay in America's heartland?

There is no way one of the security guards would know if the Colts were doing anything like this. The guys working security at the games are the same yellow security jacket wearing guys that work security for concerts and get paid $9 an hour to tackle guys that run out onto the field. Ya that would know. :rolleyes:

The guy is either talkin' out his @rse or he was yanking that guys chain. I'm guessing that latter.

Or he was telling the truth. Hahahaha , one can only hope the perfect colts and there perfect "better then everyone" fanbase (righttttttt) can see what it's like to have people take something and blow it up into something much bigger.

Last edited:

Workhorse,

It seems you don't quite understand the level of access standard security guards may have. I can't say this is the same for the RCA Dome, however, back in the day of the Larry Bird era Celtics, a family member of mine worked security at Boston Garden just part time. I went to a game that he was working at, was able to go with him EVERYWHERE in the Garden.....locker room, press box, media locations, etc. He showed me around and introduced me to various other full time Garden employees all over the place.

So, I don't think you can dismiss with 100% certainty what a security guard may or may not know....or more importantly who they get to know. If the guy has been working at the RCA Dome and has discussed the noise level previously with other employees there, it's not beyond belief that someone could have told him "Yea, it gets real loud because of the crowd noise being fed into the PA".

Last edited:
PatsSteve, you're whole argument is stupid. Doesn't matter if it caused any "real" issues or not. If NE has no Coach/QB commo and INDY does, or if our Offense has to contend with artificial noise and Indy doesn't........... then the playing field is slightly tilted in their favor, CREATING AN UNFAIR ADVANTAGE.

Obviously in the scheme of things, it didn't matter, cuz WE WON. That's not the point, the point is one team is creating an artificial advantage over another, in a way that violates league rules. It's actually a CONSIDERABLY worse infraction then the one that cost us a #1 and a pocket o' cash.

Ours never provided an in-game advantage (which was proven), yet this one certainly provides an in-game advantage that COULD effect the outcome. Whether or not it actually does or not, really isn't the point.

Do you have any clue how stupid you sound?

Isn't $9 an hour considered great pay in America's heartland?

No it's way below average but then again we don't have to pay 4 or 500,000 for a crackerbox condo.

I think he made all the sense in the world.

If you think it's stupid, explain why.

Otherwise, pound sand troll.

No thanks for dropping by with your personal nastiness. If this is all you have to add, then please go back to whatever rock you crawled out from under before you got here.

No it's way below average but then again we don't have to pay 4 or 500,000 for a crackerbox condo.

Really? How much do you guys pay for your crackerbox condos?

I'm assuming the one you live in is subsidized somehow.

Hey if everyone else is allowed to discuss and speculate how the Patriots "cheated" or what was really on those tapes, then we can speculate all we want regarding a lot of interesting evidence to suggest the Colts pump in extra noise. There are a lot of things regarding this issue that are fishy to say the least, enough that local sports station here in AZ are even still talking about this and many believe there may be some sort of cover up. I'm just typing what i heard this morning.

Also to the guys that are here writing "this is stupid, waste of time, blah blah blah" I hate to tell you, but this is a forum where people are supposed to write and discuss things. You chose to click on this topic, you chose to read the posts and you chose to "waste your time" (your words) posting your response. if you don't like what is being discussed in this thread, guess what, you don't have to read and you definately don't have to post a response.

But have you seen these "crackerbox" condos?! they are AWESOME!!

How can we accumulate more proof? Is there any way to prove this at their next home game?

Now's the time for Bob Kraft to call Bill Polian and say, "Lets make a deal. You call Roger and get him to give us back our 1st rounder and I won't demand publically that he take yours."

;0

How can we accumulate more proof? Is there any way to prove this at their next home game?
You could attend our next home game, get there early, and try to scale the inside of the roof. Take your picture phone, maybe you can find some hidden mics up there. Don't fall though.:rolleyes:

I don't know whether the Colts are augmenting their normal crowd noise levels, but I'm inclined not to believe the story about them "pumping the crowd noise back into the PA". Wouldn't that just create a positive feedback loop? It would get out of control and all distorted rather quickly, like when you put a microphone to close to the speaker.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call