PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Yahoo via WBZ: RCA Dome Security Guard admits sound enhanced

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: WBZ via Yahoo: RCA Dome Security Guard admits sound enhanced

That security guard obviously doesn't believe in a higher power, embrace small town life, or have a love of laughter.

Yes, and don't be surprised if that same security guard becomes a surprise victim of a "nasty cheese grating accident".

I don't know whether the Colts are augmenting their normal crowd noise levels, but I'm inclined not to believe the story about them "pumping the crowd noise back into the PA". Wouldn't that just create a positive feedback loop? It would get out of control and all distorted rather quickly, like when you put a microphone to close to the speaker.

Move your microphone away from the speaker. The feedback will disappear.

Obviously the system was designed to prevent any obvious feedback.

Someone just needs to bring an air horn and blare it and then see if the sound repeats.

Move your microphone away from the speaker. The feedback will disappear.

Obviously the system was designed to prevent any obvious feedback.

Right... But once you do that, there's no "feeding back into the PA system". I don't think you can have one without the other.

Re: WBZ via Yahoo: RCA Dome Security Guard admits sound enhanced

No it's way below average but then again we don't have to pay 4 or 500,000 for a crackerbox condo.

Indy, it's where they send people in the witness protection program........

I don't know whether the Colts are augmenting their normal crowd noise levels, but I'm inclined not to believe the story about them "pumping the crowd noise back into the PA". Wouldn't that just create a positive feedback loop? It would get out of control and all distorted rather quickly, like when you put a microphone to close to the speaker.

Microphones are placed next to speakers regularly at every single concert you've ever been to. As long as the mike's output isn't cranked, you won't get any feedback.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye