PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Wynn and Onwenu on covid reserve

Why do we persist with this misinformation? Everything is to the contrary of these claims
Exactly what was misinformation, please?

Note: i was primarily asking a question

And, ….the personal anecdote, is well ….anecdotal So it is FACTUAL as well. It just as a subjective observation is by nature of “small numbers” that may or may not be representative of the statistical/greater world ‘factual’ situation.

So again: what is your complaint sir?

@Ian why don't we a punching yourself in the face emoji?

We do have the GIF thing...but this news is definitely a massive issue, especially given how that unit is barely holding it together right now.

angry love life GIF

Why do we persist with this misinformation? Everything is to the contrary of these claims
There was nothing in the post you're replying to that included any misinformation, just a user asking a question while stating also facts.

Speaking of which - since I know it's coming - to those replying/following this thread, please also stick to league policy regarding COVID, etc as it pertains to player availability. We're not doing the COVID argument in here, so let's do our best to keep from even going there.

Last edited:
It's not covid that's making Wynn look like a bad JAG...his short arms and lack of strength are stark reminders of the original knocks on him when he was drafted
It's not technique issues this season, it's basic physical limitations.

From NBC Sports Chicago on the league's protocols:

"As part of that same memo, the NFL spelled out rules for when players and staff can return to the team after a positive test. Vaccinated people who test positive and are asymptomatic can return after two negative tests a full day apart. Non-vaccinated persons who test positive, on the other hand, require a 10-day isolation, which is the same ruling from the league in 2020."

LINK: Latest NFL rules on COVID, fan vaccinations and positive cases

Obviously, we don't know the vaccination status of either player but that's clearly going to be a key factor when it comes to whether or not there's a chance of either one being available this weekend.

We
There was nothing in the post you're replying to that included any misinformation, just a user asking a question while stating also facts.

Speaking of which - since I know it's coming - to those replying/following this thread, please also stick to league policy regarding COVID, etc as it pertains to player availability. We're not doing the COVID argument in here, so let's do our best to keep from even going there.
Sigh

Well, on the positive side, their replacements can't play any worse than Wynn or Onwenu have been playing lately. Don't think it is humanly possible.
Lol. Watch

Honestly put Brown at LT, keep playing whoever the hell at RT, and play Karras at LG. Next week, put Onwenu at RT and Wynn at LG, leave Brown where he is.

If Brown gets hurt again you just put Wynn back at LT and Karras plays LG.
Musical OL?

If ever there was a time for an alumni game...I would assume Eugene Chung is still out there somewhere right?

So is it safe to say both are out for Sunday’s game?

If they're vaccinated there is a reasonable chance they play on Sunday (if they produce 2 negative tests within 24 hours of each other, I believe).

If they're vaccinated there is a reasonable chance they play on Sunday (if they produce 2 negative tests within 24 hours of each other, I believe).
I don't think there's been a player that entered the covid protocol the week of a game that ended up playing on Sunday. It's unlikely.

Unclear. If they're vaccinated, they could be back at practice tomorrow.

There have been a lot of false positives in the testing lately - one company just did a recall.

Karras at LG isn't a huge dropoff from what Onwenu is playing so far THIS year (though Onwenu still has the higher ceiling if he can get right). But if Brown is back you have to move him to LT now and keep Herron/Durant/Cajuste at RT. All assuming neither player is good to go for Sunday.

So long as this isn't an indication of a bigger outbreak, timing on this is pretty decent with Houston up next.

I’d like to see the league numbers on this. From the small amount I’ve seen, I’m guessing maybe 50/50 or a little less. If teams are traveling, it may be less of chance because I don’t know how someone who is Covid positive gets on a plane. Then you would need to coordinate tests at the destination city, and not sure where they would stay with a positive status. So, if the team leaves on Friday or Saturday, you need to have your first negative test within a few days.

I don't think there's been a player that entered the covid protocol the week of a game that ended up playing on Sunday. It's unlikely.
Antonio Brown did I believe.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Back