PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Wynn and Onwenu on covid reserve

Even if it is societal, this is a football forum. Football, not societal, forum. Please respect the other members of the PatsFans' football society and post about football.

I'll respect them, soon as their choices are not putting people around them at risk.

Its hard to respect someone who willfully ignores science and intentionally endangers those around them.

It is a joke. Please don't start.

That's the thing: it's not a joke. It's a somewhat sarcastic remark but it's not said with a laugh - it's sincere. It's just as political as any other comment re: COVID.

I have a very hard time begrudging any human being for not wanting to put something in their body. At a basic level, autonomy over one's body is paramount. That said, I trust vaccine safety and I have received my COVID vaccine.

As another poster mentioned, COVID isn't entirely independent of the NFL. Protocols and player availability are relevant, and if a player who chooses to not get vaccinated is unavailable for a game that they may have otherwise been available for had they been vaccinated, that is relevant to the team and this forum. Does that mean I resent that player? Do I think they're a bad person? I wouldn't go that far. Is it relevant to the Patriots? Absolutely, 100% yes.

The exchange went as follows:

*Tweet posted that Wynn is in COVID protocol and needs 10 days away from the team*
-
*RW, seeing the tweet, infers Wynn isn't vaccinated and expresses his frustration at anti-vaxxers*
*Brick replies with a comment about autonomy over one's body + a sarcastic remark about having a 0% chance of getting COVID if you're vaccinated*

Both posts are equally political/social in nature.

I'll respect them, soon as their choices are not putting people around them at risk.

Its hard to respect someone who willfully ignores science and intentionally endangers those around them.

Maybe you can respect the people on the forum and post in the Pub?

That's the thing: it's not a joke. It's a somewhat sarcastic remark but it's not said with a laugh - it's sincere. It's just as political as any other comment re: COVID.

I have a very hard time begrudging any human being for not wanting to put something in their body. At a basic level, autonomy over one's body is paramount. That said, I trust vaccine safety and I have received my COVID vaccine.

As another poster mentioned, COVID isn't entirely independent of the NFL. Protocols and player availability are relevant, and if a player who chooses to not get vaccinated is unavailable for a game that they may have otherwise been available for had they been vaccinated, that is relevant to the team and this forum. Does that mean I resent that player? Do I think they're a bad person? I wouldn't go that far. Is it relevant to the Patriots? Absolutely, 100% yes.

The exchange went as follows:

*Tweet posted that Wynn is in COVID protocol and needs 10 days away from the team*
-
*RW, seeing the tweet, infers Wynn isn't vaccinated and expresses his frustration at anti-vaxxers*
*Brick replies with a comment about autonomy over one's body + a sarcastic remark about having a 0% chance of getting COVID if you're vaccinated*

Both posts are equally political/social in nature.

OK. I know how the exchange went and where the discussion leads. If you review other posts, you will see that it starts as not entirely independent of the NFL and quickly goes off the skids.

So a Coach gets let go for not getting the jab, but Wynn who’s been on IR for 3 straight years gets special treatment?

Bizarre.

Personal choices can hurt the team. It is really that simple. But yes, Wynn has the right not to be vaccinated. The contract does not require vaccination.

So a Coach gets let go for not getting the jab, but Wynn who’s been on IR for 3 straight years gets special treatment?

Bizarre.
The union negotiated the right not to be vaccinated.

Wynn’s been a bust to this point through his career.
Kind of hard to argue that. His replacement just played better than he has in 4 games. At a fraction of the cost. If he doesn’t improve on what he’s done he might want to consider signing at guard or test free agency elsewhere. He hasn’t played good enough for a LT contract.

He is not going to be with the Patriots next year. wynn that is.

I was done with Wynn last year definitely...probably the year before that. Just never had a good feeling when he was out there.

Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
Back